Noticing Decor?

Thread: Noticing Decor?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question Noticing Decor?

After watching a slew of these wedding shows on the Slice network and watching some major Bridezilas/Groomzillas squabble over details about decor at their venue....my question to you is this....how many of you notice the decor & minute details when you attend a wedding? Does it play a big part in the wow factor or is it something you barely notice?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I only really notice until the booze starts flowing. lol No, usually I notice the flowers and centerpieces, but I'm usually more focused on the bride and groom.

Registered User monkeywrangler71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't notice; I might see the centrepiece, although usually only if it is blocking my view.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's more of the overall experience IMO. I focus more on the bride and groom too, but as a bride, you may want to pick what you will like seeing in your wedding pictures since you will have them forever

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I notice everything, the architecture of the building, the decor in the room, the wedding centerpieces and decorations, whether or not the bathrooms have been cleaned recently.... But I'd never think of saying anything about it. Unless it was a health/safety issue.

Truth is, most of us have very modest weddings and can't celebrate in some truly luxurious location with perfectly decorated designer interiors. We put up streamers and flowers and pretend the VFW hall isn't just a little shabby.

One friend's reception was in the church banquet room, it was dark and poorly lit, the only decoration I recall was the cake. But the bride was radiant.

Another friend, also the church room, brighter but very small, we were packed in like sardines for lunch. They had flowers in small bouquets, IIRC. I remember the harried Bride barely had a chance to sit down because they did a massive photo shoot with two extended families right after the wedding and most guests had eaten and left before she was done.

My wedding, we did not decorate the church, it was a small art deco chapel, very plain cement walls with gorgeous period stained glass windows. At the reception, at a local restaurant, I had chocolate truffles down the center of the table and that was about it for decorations.

My BIL's wedding, they had paper "wedding decorations" up in the park lodge they rented. It was rustic stone and we ate off picnic tables. I thought the paper decorations were out of place, but the bride and groom were happy and having a party and that's all that matters, right?
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I only notice if its tacky. I went to one and it was cool setup and all but in the corner was an old Christmas tree still decorated. Shove it in a closet, sheesh. It was March. Take down those Christmas lights too, just because they are turned off doesn't mean nobody sees them.

jas
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I notice most things, just because I am interested in the ideas of others. Some things even though they are simple are like wow! that was a great idea! I certainly don't go around the place looking at every thing and making a judgement. Since I am crafty and frugal I would most likely think I could do something equally or better looking for a lot less.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jas View Post
    I notice most things, just because I am interested in the ideas of others. Some things even though they are simple are like wow! that was a great idea!
    That's basically how I look at it. I get ideas for use at another event or for a friend that is getting married. Also, the decorations can set an ambiance in the room and I notice that. Some of the smaller things aren't noticed, but I definitely notice a lot of things!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I pay attention to the details at weddings. But I have found in planning our wedding, I was paying more detail to the small things. But since our wedding is on the beach, I am taking a more relax approach on decorations.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Me? I don't care about that stuff. I don't notice a thing. I am thinking the whole time, Sure hope this is quick so i can get out of here.That is mainly why I don't go to many weddings. Only the ones I have to.