Wedding Mishaps & Bloopers?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question Wedding Mishaps & Bloopers?

While I'm stuck with wedding on the brain more often then not, I began to wonder about what could possibly go wrong?! I know there's the typical stuff you see in movies but seriously - what could really go wrong? Memorable bloopers? Horrific Bridezilla/Groomzilla tantrums? Got stories to share? Are there things I should plan for 'just in case'?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hmmm... there are so many since I had a 3 day wedding...

~ I told ex to have the best-man follow him to the reception place the night before the wedding and leave the car there since we had a Rolls from the church to the hotel... he didn't listen... 30 minutes BEFORE I told him the wedding was, I called over to his parents to tell him I love him since I had to travel from my Mom's house... he wasn't there... He and his Dad were stuck in traffic trying to drop the car off because there was an Air Show going on. He THOUGHT he was 30 minutes late to the wedding and was afraid I was going to clobber him, but he was actually on time

~ someone walked off with the top of my wedding cake?

~ the usher (his cousin) and the bridesmaid (my underage step-sister) got tankered and took off together, which sent MY brother looking for them, which sent ushers brother off looking for MY brother, which sent HER father off looking for all of them...

When Mom got remarried, the caterer called 2 hours before the wedding saying they LOST the menu, I was 14 at the time and didn't want to stress Mom out more than she already was, so I told them to just serve whatever the hell they had because the wedding was in 2 hours! -- Mom's filet mignon, potatoes and green bean almandine something or other dinner turned in to pasta and meatballs... and yes... she ended up wearing the meatballs because step-dad dropped it

~ I was at a wedding where the bride was very pregnant... VERY... her water broke during the ceremony...

I am sure there are more... but that is enough for now

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

-I spilled wax from the unity candle onto my hand and suffered a pretty nasty blister. Then people kept coming up and grabbing my hand, thus grabbing the blister.

-One of our groomsmen got so drunk, he was removed from our wedding reception.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Remember, it doesn't matter what happens as long as, at the end of the day, you're married.

My day started off with rain and a tornado warning. We took photos in the rain.

The judge misread the cue to begin and started early, before everyone was seated, before I had my veil and headpiece on. Luckily my music person was on the ball and I was able to get dressed and to the front of the church in record time.

DH was so nervous he dropped the rings and they went bouncing down the tile stairs into the audience.

The judge hadn't familiarized herself with the vows and the reading, and it was dim in the historic chapel we used, so the ceremony was slightly mis-read and a little stilted.

But we ended up married anyway.

There's a number of "wedding horror stories" websites out there and I amused myself and de-stressed in the weeks before my wedding by reading many of them.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not exactly a blooper but I found it hilarious:

At my wedding, two months after breaking my ankle, I was still in an air cast and needed crutches some of the time. Morning, I was without crutches. By the time of the ceremony I needed one. After everything and the rest of the day, back to two.

Well, the photographer had to make all sorts of changes to how he normally posed wedding parties to take in to account that I couldn't stand. My brothers were offering all sorts of advice of places and views that would be cool for pictures. The photographer liked them so he listened to them.

One was trying to get us on a nice grassy area down a slight slope. I told them, I could get down there but I would need help getting back up. My one brother said "No problem, we'll carry you."

Got some good shots, then my brothers did carry me back up the slope. The photographer got to the top ahead of them and took pictures of them carrying me back up. You can see their faces get progressively redder and redder at the exertion of carrying me back up in each shot. I wasn't all that heavy but the slope plus carrying me was a little more than they anticipated!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

At my wedding- I loaded the car to take the wedding things to the church and reception hall. When we unloaded the car a few hours later- the single candles for the unity candle had melted and were no longer candle shape. We had to scramble to find replacement candles that somewhat matched.

One of the usher's tried on his vest the night before the wedding and it didn't fit - the place that we rented the tuxes from had to drive over an hour one way to replace the vest the day of the wedding.

My DH and his mother got into right before the ceremony started - with DH telling her to shut up or go home- as he was not going to have her ruin my day (she and I don't get along very well) The picture of DH walking her down the aisle to be seated - she still had a ticked look on her face

Two of the ushers didn't even stay for the ceremony - they proceeded to drink through the entire ceremony in the church parking lot to add beer cans to the tractor we were driving away in.

It was so humid, that I couldn't tier my cake, and had to sprawl it out across the entire cake table

At my brother's wedding - one of the groomsmen got so drunk he passed out in the reception bathroom.

My advice is - go with the flow - as long as the paper is signed at the end of the day, nothing else matters and will be looked back on as fond memories

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary Housewife View Post
    Remember, it doesn't matter what happens as long as, at the end of the day, you're married.
    This is very good advice. With any large event, *something* is bound to go wrong, and as long as you are mentally prepared for that, you will be fine. Just don't forget to enjoy your day.

My DH and I got married at the courthouse in South Lake Tahoe. Shortly before the ceremony, my DH discovered he had left his ID a 45 minute drive away, back at our cabin. I was in my parents' hotel room, getting ready when my dad told me the news. I screamed, "F**kkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!* and threw the ring box across the room. After that I was calm.

It turned out that DH's friend was able to sign an affadavit swearing that he was who he said he was, and the ceremony was able to proceed as planned. Whew!

Kara

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We eloped. He forgot his suit. In all the wedding pictures he is wearing surfer pants and a t-shirt, purple & green pattern. Fabulous.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

At my first marriage ceremony ( it must have been an omen !) the preacher called me by the wrong name halfway through the ceremony, until I finally got his attention and mouthed " Barbara" !

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

At the wedding of the son of a friend of DH's parents, all the tuxedos were a couple of sizes too big and no time to exchange them. The groom, the best man and the groomsmen all had their pants duct taped to their shirts under their cumberbunds. some of them had to have the hems duct taped up too.

The strangest wedding I ever attended had so many weird things happen. While waiting for the wedding party to come into the church there was a thunderstorm. There was a terrific clap of thunder and the man sitting beside me threw up his arms and legs and yelled "whoo!" at the top of his lungs. The the electricity went off. It came back on in a few minutes.

The bride had a CD with a certain song she wanted played during the ceremony. The sound guy started the wrong song and it was a wild country song with loud drums, etc. He quickly got that stopped and got the right song started. Then during the ceremony, the videographer dropped his huge battery and they paused the ceremony so he could run to his car and get another one. The father of the bride got up and went out during the vows. The mother of the bride went out and brought him back. It was just strange all the way around. That couple stayed married about 3 months!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wow, I am enjoying these stories!

6 days before my wedding the reception site told us they couldn't hold the reception there because of problems with the neighbors. Luckily, their friends offered their mansion and yard by the seaside and our reception was better than we ever imagined it could be.

The best advice I was given was the only thing that can ruin your wedding day is you. If you let yourself get upset or angry about anything, it is what you will remeber about your day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My wedding was an introduction to the type of MIL I was actually getting.

MIL was miffed that we did not invite children. After the invites went out, she called all her people and told them that children WERE invited and the more the merrier. We had screaming brats running all over the place. Our video was totally ruined (all you can hear is screaming) and a table of food was dumped over in the reception (see why I didn't want certain kids there?!).

Our seating was at max before kids. It was now cram packed in there because these same parents were letting the brats take up the seats of invited guests instead of holding them on their laps. It is crammed, hot and humid then the air conditioner goes out. People were standing in doors and all around fanning.

I had arranged a formal, adult reception. Somehow, MIL got that changed from silver and crystal to plastic and paper. She also got all my fancy finger eats changed to processed lunch meat garbage. I tell everyone now "We had bologna for our wedding reception". On top of that MIL didn't plan for all the extra and we were running out of eats then, of course, the table got dumped.

MIL did more and nastier things after that...then we moved a good drive from them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

At age 3, my job was to carry my aunt's train as she went down the aisle. At the alter I was to make sure her train was straight and then stand with my mom (matron of honor) until the recessional.

I walked behind her to the alter. Once there, I lifted her train and climbed under it. Yep, at the alter I was playing hide 'n seek under my aunt's dress hanging on to her legs as she tried to get me out.

DS was the ring bearer at DH's sister's wedding. DS made it to the alter. Stood there for about a minute and then started to throw his ring bearer pillow up in the air, catch it and throw it again...and again...and again. DH quietly got up and walked DS outside of the chapel. Once he got right out of sight he started screaming his head off..."I want to go back! I want my mama! Give me my pillow back!" etc...Everyone in the chapel started laughing so hard we had to pause the ceremony for just a moment. Looking back, it is funny now. At the time, not so much. The entire time DD (age 5) stood there with her flower girl basket all prim and proper but with a sneaky grin, like she told him to do it.

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'll give you this bit of advice, get a trial run on the hair to make sure it's what you want. I didn't and had mine done right before the wedding. I ended up getting married with a HUGE bouffant updo! I mean HUGE!!! It was lacquered with hairspray and must have had a hundred bobby pins stuck in. I asked for a soft romantic updo, had pictures to show her what I wanted too!

After the wedding I stood in the shower for hours alternating between crying, pulling out bobby pins and having my hair come out in clumps. It took forever to rinse all the hair spray out and unknot all the hair teasing she did. When she did my hair she meant it, that hairdo could have withstood an atomic blast. I looked like a scarecrow my entire honeymoon and it took months for my hair to look normal.

It's over 17 years since then and I still have not been able to laugh about it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

In the middle of my wedding ceremony, my then 3 or 4 year old nephew ran up and hugged my husband-to-be's leg. It was really sweet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast