Who pays for Ring Bearer outfit?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Who pays for Ring Bearer outfit?

My sister is getting married in September and my son is going to be the ring bearer. I remember paying over $80 to outfit my ring bearer in his little tux.

The deal is my mom keeps bothering me as to when I am going to get his outfit ordered. She is expecting me to take care of it. I told her no way DS can pay as I paid for mine. Am I wrong?

By the way I guess my mom didn't know I forked out the money to outfit my ring bearer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When my 1st time my son was a ring bearer I paid. The second time they got his tux free with the 14 ordered from the tux shop.

Registered User pollypurebred39's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Typically unless the bride and groom have made arrangements otherwise they pay for the outfit. Same thing for the brides mate gowns and ushers tuxes. Of course wedding rules have loosened a great deal over the years. That said I would never have dreamed of asking those in my wedding to pay for such things (if I had had the time to have a proper wedding instead of a shotgun wedding)

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My ds just got married and the parent of the ring bearer was expected to pay for the tux. Ask though because when we asked about how ridiculous that the tux was the same for the adult. They found ways to lower the price. And if the bride is not so picky, they can sometimes just stand up with a suit. My other ds could not afford the tux and his son was not going to stand up; he ended up walking down the aisle with his suit on

I also think it depends on the financial situation of those involved.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We provided the tuxedo when Wesley was in my SIL's wedding. However, my SIL was very practical and didn't have a set style of tuxedo in mind and I was able to borrow a tuxedo from a friend, so we had no money tied up in it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The weddings i know of the bridesmaids, and others pay for their own. The childrens parents typically pay for the ring bearer and flower girl outfits. At our wedding the boys wore outfits that were homemade suits. That was fine w/ us.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

In every wedding we have been a part of the bridesmaids, groomsman, ring bearers and flower girls all have paid for their own attire.

I've never heard of the bride paying for bridesmaids, flower girl or ring bearer's wedding outfits.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My wife and I paid for all of the attendant's attire; bridesmaids, grooms, flower girl and ring bearer. We felt, if they were going to take time out of their lives to be in our wedding, we could at least pay for their outfits.

We told the parents (and bridesmaids) what we were looking for, the price we were willing to pay, and they picked out their own clothes. We also wanted each person to pick something they would wear after the wedding, so that they could get something that fit each individual's frame.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If it were me, I'd expect to pay for my son's tux. That's just me. I understand the feelings may be different since it involves your sister and your past experiences.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We paid for our ringbears's tux but we paid for everyone's outfits. They wore their own shoes though.

When our son was in his uncle's wedding. They paid for the tux as well as Hubby's tux as groomsman.
    Little Miss and I as guest book attendants wore our own outfits. The only rules were look nice. Actually I think I picked it out my MIL reimbursed me. Little Miss wore her Easter dress. MY MIL (the groom's mom as well as HUbby's mom) paid to have my hair done up. I was shocked $35 to put up hair.

I have never paid for an outfit to be in a wedding.

I did have to buy died shoes once though. The bride apologized for not allowing us to wear our own shoes. But she couldn't settle on a color of shoe to go with the bridesmaids dress so she went with died to match satin shoes. I think I paid $18.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Neeley View Post
    In every wedding we have been a part of the bridesmaids, groomsman, ring bearers and flower girls all have paid for their own attire.

I've never heard of the bride paying for bridesmaids, flower girl or ring bearer's wedding outfits.
    yup, me too.

never heard of the bride and groom paying for the others.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Parents of the ring bearer- at least that's what always happened in weddings I've attended.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've always thought that each bridal party member, including the children, pay for their own clothing. Sorry.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well my mom came up with some more ideas. Her cousin is going to make him a vest and shorts out of the material we got for our dresses. My mom is going to knit him a bow tie. Yes I say knit him his bow tie. Sounds weird, but she made the ring bearer pillow and it actually looks cool. So I think the only thing I have to worry about is an oxford shirt to go underneath and of course pay my moms cousin for making his outfit. I swear this will be the last wedding I am in as far as bridesmaid/ring bearer.