Bridal shower games
    jas
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Bridal shower games

Any suggestions on things to do at a bridal shower? It has been so long since I have been to one let alone hosted one.

I do have one game that I bought at Party City, it is bridal bingo.

Also any ideas for food would be helpful. Mostly finger food ideas.

TIA

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This one is really fun. ""How Well She Knows Her Hubby To Be" Call the groom ahead of time & ask him questions. Tell him-he must keep it a secret. Ask him ?'s like his favorite cake, pie, cookie, song, singer, day of the week, how many kids do you want..etc. Then @ the shower, ask her the ?'s. See how many she gets right. Another one I thot was fun... you had to finish a saying.... like:
    brown as a _____ (berry)
    white as _____ (snow)
    strong as an __ (ox)
    they can even be TV sayings... of course who gets the most right-wins!
    Finger foods I would suggest: cheeseball & crackers, veggies & dip, fresh onion rolled up in ham slice, cheese spread on flour taco shell, rolled up & sliced, fruit slices on toothpicks, cake or cupcakes, sugar free punch & I don't care what anyone says--I still like mints & nuts

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We played this one at a baby shower but I think could be played at a wedding one. It was "what's in your purse?" and you have a list of things that could be (and probably wont be!) found in a purse. The winner is the person that has the MOST of the items on the list. (usually an older grandmotherly-large-purse person)

Its pretty amusing because people will then tend to take out other odd things or have explanations as to why they had it in their purse at all.

Then the kicker one is Who has a Picture of the VIP? (very important person that you are celebrating for) Its neat to see how many people had pictures of the mommy but in your case it would be who has a picture in their purse of the bride-to-be.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My wife enjoyed a toilet paper bridal gown contest at her shower. People pair off, and one person gets dressed up in a bridal gown made from toilet paper. The best one won a prize of some sort. She said everyone really enjoyed the contest, and people were "laughing hysterically". I think each pair might have had to make do with a single roll of TP.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile Clothespin game & Memory

Each attendee gets a mini clothespin. You can't say bride's name, groom's name, or wedding, or something else, if someone catches you, they get to take your clothespin. At the end of party, the most clothespins wins.

Also did this and you were not allowed to cross your legs, I did'nt last 2 minutes!

Memory game - fill a table with all manner of random things, cover with tablecloth. Let the ladies look at the table for a short time, then later have them list what was on the table. (a Perfectly timed rainshower when done outside leaves everyone in hysterics, and no one is able to remember anything!!)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by mndtrp View Post
    My wife enjoyed a toilet paper bridal gown contest at her shower. People pair off, and one person gets dressed up in a bridal gown made from toilet paper. The best one won a prize of some sort. She said everyone really enjoyed the contest, and people were "laughing hysterically". I think each pair might have had to make do with a single roll of TP.

Love this game! Its silly and so much fun. We would do teams and one person would be the bride and then the team of however many 3-5 people would do the designing. We gave it 20 minutes and we were loving it.

jas
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks you guys, all these games sound fun and easy to put together. Now the hard part will be to pick a few of them.

The toilet paper bridal gown sounds really cute!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We did a version of "The Price is Right" I bought some items I knew the couple would use. . . . wrote up a silly blurb about each one (included brand name, size, etc.) and had each guest write what they thought the price was, for each item. . We awarded a prize to the one that was closest to the total for all items. The items themselves were given the bride.

Foods- we served 2 versions of "Better Than Sex" cake, shrimp cocktails (served in shot glasses, with 2 shrimp per glass), tuna sandwiches, cut with fancy cookie cutters, fresh fruit , cheese cubes.