Wedding Music
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Music

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question Wedding Music

Music is a large part of a wedding be it during the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner or for the reception etc. What songs do you recall hearing at weddings; when & why? I'm sure everyone attaches a memory to a song heard when something memorable occurs

BTW: It can be slow romantic songs and/or fast songs etc.

Examples:
    Chicken Dance - commonly played to break the ice

Benny Hill theme song - during games while people are chaotically running around

Macarena - group/line dance song

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default memories by music

Can I have this dance?---romantic

YMCA--fun and brings lots of laughs

We are Family--always a great family group dance for the ladies anyway

Sunrise-Sunset--tear jerker

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Our wedding song was by Elvis. We had a bit of a shotgun wedding and it seemed appropriate.

Eta: well duh that was he wrong link. Anyway I can never get the name of the song right. It goes something like this: wise men say only fools rush in, but I can't help falling in love with you.

My very favorite portion goes: take my hand, take my whole life too, because I can't help falling in love with you.
    Last edited by McD; 07-06-2011 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Wrong link

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We opened the dance to "chances" by Jill Barber, a retro jazzy type thing
    We also had a cousin of DH sing "sex bomb" live while everyone was dancing in a circle with us in the middle. So much fun!

I walked down the aisle to the soundtrack of "Amelie"
    We chose uncomventional music but they were songs we liked and that meant something to us.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Other songs: hokey pokey, cha cha slide.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Our wedding song was by Elvis. We had a bit of a shotgun wedding and it seemed appropriate.

Eta: well duh that was he wrong link. Anyway I can never get the name of the song right. It goes something like this: wise men say only fools rush in, but I can't help falling in love with you.

My very favorite portion goes: take my hand, take my whole life too, because I can't help falling in love with you.

This one? BTW Elvis rocks!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqv5b0UjR4g]YouTube - ‪Elvis Presley - I Cant Help Falling In Love With You‬‏[/ame]

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have heard current pop hits played, and a mix of the bride and groom's favorites.

DH and I made a CD of favorite emotional love songs that we felt were suitable. Take a Chance on Me -Abba, Walking on Sunshine -Katrina and the Waves, Close to You -Carpenters...
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So I was looking up songs for a wedding and found this: Wedding Songs

Under "interlude music" on right-side of that page is "our song" of George Strait "Cross my Heart."

Awwwww.....sigh. No wedding here, but I'm living vicariously through you, Libby.

Pick some fun ones and then just have the ones that are special to you is my suggestion. If you have a best-friend you could ask him/her to create a disk for you of music to play. Gives them something to do. Hm, and on that thought, make your dad pick out the music, give HIM something to do, we all know he's too creative left to his own devices.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

krbs - if it were up to my dad, NO music.

We're not having a reception with dancing but rather a small cocktail reception immediately following the ceremony so its more of background music. But DF and I weren't wanting the traditional sappy love songs for the entire time nor instrumental. We are definitely going to slap a few fun songs in there, if you KWIM If the playlist is super swell, we may use it for wedding #2 - Dad's wedding (banquet) and have a variety of tunes while dining. Will kill the awkward silences and stir up memories and help to start convo's or keep them flowing.

Plus I just wanted to see what else is out there, I know what tunes I like but trying to get a feel for others as well

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Music is so personal, and so important, that I wouldn't want to recommend anything specific. However, I do want to say that most weddings I have been to with "generic" DJs play such similar music that there must be a "DJs must play these songs at weddings" list out there. I find that really annoying. Why do all weddings have to sound the same?

I would recommend playing a mix of music that you like, picking things from different eras and styles so that there's a little something for everyone. Some instrumental tunes and some songs. And avoid the novelty songs (Macarena, Electric Slide, etc.).

For the record, I didn't have a DJ or dancing at my wedding. We had a BBQ/pool party in my mom's backyard and we played reggae music over borrowed outdoor speakers. It was so fun!

Kara

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The only music my wife and I had at our wedding was an original song written and performed by two friends that happened to be in a couple of bands. It was the first, and last, time anyone ever heard it, since it wasn't recorded.

For the reception, we just created a playlist on the ipod of mostly oldies and classic rock. We didn't have a dance.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by mndtrp View Post
    For the reception, we just created a playlist on the ipod of mostly oldies and classic rock. We didn't have a dance.
    Thats pretty much what we're doing. A playlist for the wedding and then one for dad's wedding. Just wanted to see what everyone remembers, liked/disliked etc about the wedding music and gather different ideas/views.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Collect all for single girl friends, thanks !

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

At my nephew's wedding this past weekend, the DJ played Beyonce's "Single Ladies" when the bride tossed her bouquet. Very appropriate!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

At my grandson's wedding, his bride, a very talented lady, sang "At Last" to him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast