Frugal wedding gifts

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Frugal wedding gifts

Does anyone have any tips for nice but frugal wedding gifts?

I've got quite a few weddings next year so need to think about this soon!

Also any advice about keeping things cheap as a wedding guest would be really helpful! Have only really been to ones with my family so haven't had to do much before. Now my friends are starting to get married so I think my bank balance is going to start feeling it!
    Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can't remember when I have been to a wedding. I would have no ideas on a gift. I think maybe I would just
    look at where the couple is registered and pick something in my price range. Wedding are so different from when
    I got married (35years ago). Total for absolutely everything (catered meal, live band, open bar, dress, tux, flowers)
    was 1100.00 and we thought that was alot.

Good luck to you in finding the right gift.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have given homemade items as wedding gifts, such as initials wrapped in twine or yarn, depending on the couple's tastes. I included an example from Google (not my work) below to give you an idea. If you aren't sure of the couples color preferences, you can sometimes gain that from their wedding registry. If you can crochet, a blanket is a nice gift. If you aren't crafty or don't have the time to get those type projects done, you can purchase grocery or restaurant gift cards in varying amounts in the months leading up to the wedding. Then give them a little "money tree". The last suggestion I have is if you are great at photography or decorating or some other service, you can provide them a "gift certificate for...". Be specific if you choose this method so that your friendships are still in tact. Good luck!

Frugal wedding gifts-letter-image.jpg
    I did not take this picture, nor did I create this item. I borrowed from a Google search to be able to share an example.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

we didn't have a big wedding, we eloped, but my dad threw a party for us later. We didn't get expensive gifts, but one memorable one was a flowering crab apple tree (we owned a house). I was sad when we had to leave it behind when we moved.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Lanahbe View Post
    I have given homemade items as wedding gifts, such as initials wrapped in twine or yarn, depending on the couple's tastes. I included an example from Google (not my work) below to give you an idea. If you aren't sure of the couples color preferences, you can sometimes gain that from their wedding registry. If you can crochet, a blanket is a nice gift. If you aren't crafty or don't have the time to get those type projects done, you can purchase grocery or restaurant gift cards in varying amounts in the months leading up to the wedding. Then give them a little "money tree". The last suggestion I have is if you are great at photography or decorating or some other service, you can provide them a "gift certificate for...". Be specific if you choose this method so that your friendships are still in tact. Good luck!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Letter image.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	45106
    I did not take this picture, nor did I create this item. I borrowed from a Google search to be able to share an example.
    Thanks Lanahbe - I love the letters! I'm quite into cross stitching so maybe that could be used for something!

I also love the money tree idea - do you actually buy a little tree to attach them all to?