When you look at the pictures, do you still like your wedding dress?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default When you look at the pictures, do you still like your wedding dress?

March 7th was my 15th wedding anniversary, so of course I was looking at some pictures I have in a frame at home (wondering where the years went! Sheesh!). Anyway, I was laughing at myself for choosing the type of dress I did. It's got puffy sleeves, and the typical gathered-at-the-waist skirtie-thing going on. Girlie. Blech.

Nowadays..I love the streamline A-lined look, w/ no frills. Just classy looking. Nothing puffy or foo-foo. Simple. Almost like a form-fitting evening dress. I just think that looks soooo sophisticated and classy.

Kinda like looking back at the clothes you wore in highschool, I suppose. What was I thinking? LOL!

How about you? Do you still like the wedding dress you wore? Or are you wondering: "what was I thinking"? LOL!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well I have only been married 4.5 years so my wedding dress hasn't had a lot of time to go out of style. I still like it. It is ivory with a princess waist. I have hips so no fitted dress for me. lol Is has short sleeves that are sort of off the shoulder, but not streetwalker off the shoulder. lol The bodice is tight, the skirt is full and it has a smallish train. The bodice is heavily beaded and the skirt part has a lot of beading as well.

So yes, I still like it. I just wish I could still fit into it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love it. I wish I could wear it again though I've gone up a couple of sizes since then

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mine was real simple,I got a semi formal dress at Fashion Bug for $45.It is sleeveless and cream color.I could still wear it to a nice spring time dinner party.That is if we would get invited to one.LOL But I wish I would've done something different to my hair,but dh says I never looked more beautiful than I did on that day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Arrow

I didn't wear a dress. I wore a women's tuxedo. It had sheer sleeves and was simple and elegant. I would choose it again, but Gabe and I have only been married four years. *L*

Sara

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ahhh jclark! That's so sweet!

And I wish I had worn my hair different too. Up and classy~

Has anyone seen the commercial where the guy rents the entire movie theatre..to surprise his wife (on their anniversary) with the film of their marriage? Now THAT'S a classy bride!! I just love her "bridal" look..hair, dress, everything. (of course, I'm sure it doesn't hurt that she's drop-dead gorgeous to start with! LOL!)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes and No. It's been 19 years on April 16 so styles have definitely changed. I still like it, but probably wouldn't pick it again for right now. I guess that's the difference between 20 years old, and 39 years old lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love my wedding dress. Our wedding was in our home so the dress wasn't so formal. It was tea length and simple except for a few lacy doo-dads that framed the "V" in the back. I love it mostly though because my Mom made it for me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will be married 17 years in May and I still really like my wedding dress!!! It was the very first dress I tried on!! I tried on a million dresses but kept going back to it!! I got to wear this great bra that made it look like I had big boobs, when in fact I don't!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OK mom2knk! Now I know it's you! Hey, how was your 40th? LOL!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am so happy to see you!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was wonderful~not turning 40 but my family took me away for the weekend and we had a great time!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Re: When you look at the pictures, do you still like your wedding dress?

Originally posted by PumpkinNoodlie
    I love the streamline A-lined look, w/ no frills. Just classy looking. Nothing puffy or foo-foo. Simple. Almost like a form-fitting evening dress. I just think that looks soooo sophisticated and classy.

That's my dress! And I still love it. This June will make six years of marriage for us.

I can remember one dress I tried on that I thought was really pretty - it was a evening dress type of dress, but it was covered from top to bottom in sequins and pearls and such. That thing weighed a ton!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey you! I was thinking of you driving home! I always thougth you were one of the sweetest people! BTW - about the 40 thing...I only remember that because we turned 40 the same year...I still remember that post. Oh..and I remember your wedding pic...yup...you had some "big'ums"

And what was it again....Blanch and Clovis? (or Harold?? Melvin??). Remember I always thought you sounded like the couple that should live next door to Lucy and Dezi LOL!

Great to see you again!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I still like my dress. It was kinda sad the other day though when my 13 year old dd tried it on...and it fit her!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kahana....your dress sounds gorgeous!

megareader..ouch! LOL! But, that happended to me too. I caught my 11? yr old sd pretending she was getting married. Sheesh!

Oh..btw..she's not 11 anymore. And she's looking at her own wedding soon. Waaahhhhhhhhhhhh!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast