ISO frugal wedding gift ideas
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question ISO frugal wedding gift ideas

I'm looking for cheap but something that doesn't look cheap (doesn't everyone?) I don't want to give money...have any good ideas? I have 2 weddings to go to in June, and other than money I just don't have much of an idea of what to buy.

Chelle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like to give picture frames as wedding gifts. I can usually find some really nice yet inexpensive ones at places like Ross, Marshalls, and TJMaxx.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For my wedding I recieved a personalized pottery vase from Keith's grandparents. I then have given them as gifts to others and I've got a friend hooked on them for weddings too. Their site is newgeneva.com. The prices are $54 large, $36 med and $22 (I think those are right) for the vases which have the married name, then the names of the couple then the wedding date. There are a couple colors to chose from and they are packed very well for shipping. There are some other personalized items too. I just think it's a fairly reasonable price (I've always got the med. size) and
    unique. If you want something less expensive like under $20 I agree with the picture frame or there are often interesting vases, bowls and house ware itmes at TJMaxx or homegoods. Good luck shopping.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LOL this reminded me of what I am doing for my dsis when she gets married.Its kinda a gag gift though.I am getting a pair of boxers and with fabric markers writing "hers" on it and a pair of panties with ''his'' on it.LOLThis absolutely has nothing to do with giving a gift to them,since I will be the one throwing the bridal shower.but the picture frame idea is a great one esp if you have a kmart that is closing near you cause they have tons and tons of frames.Oh and ask if they registered somewhere,maybe you'll be lucky and they registered at target instead of macy's

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When I got married thirty-eight years ago, my aunt made me a recipe book. It was like a loose leaf binder. She put in all kinds of great recipes, that were simple to make, and kitchen hints. She also put blank pages in for me to add my own notes. With all the scrapbooking ideas these days, you could really fix the books up cute.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the ideas everyone. I will probably end up getting them a nice frame, maybe even with their names and wedding date on it (that is if I can convince my dh that this is the way to go rather than give cash)

Amanda, wouldn't you know they registered at Crate & Barrel and The Pottery Barn--yikes!

Chelle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Chelle, since they registered at these two places they have simple yet EXPENSIVE tastes. I have a craft that would fit their simple tastes....if 1( they are coffee drinkers and 2) if you know their kitchen colors.

http://familycrafts.about.com/librar...cpcfilterh.htm

You could make a gift basket with this, fill it with the unbleached coffee filters, maybe include some gourmet coffee and 2 really pretty coffee mugs, along with maybe some chocolate dipped spoons.

Just an idea.

FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob Jerseygirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Check their registers then look for the same exact things at the discount stores or outlets. I went to a shower this weekend where the mother to be registered at babies r us for way expensive stuff-I bought the crib sheets she wanted-nearly $15 each-for $9 each at the Carters outlet. Also, how about a homemade quilt, or a needlepoint with the their wedding date etc. You can pick one thing on their registry and build around it-see what her china pattern looks like and find a nice placemat, napkin set or the spoon rest or salt and pepper shakers that match. You didnt say how close you are with these people, If a close friend is having a big 1st wedding I am more likely to be overly generous compared to a coworkers casual 2nd marriage.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The first wedding is my (not-so-close-to-me) cousin's second marriage. The second is my bil's.

Picture frame will be the gift for my cousin's; I am still undecided about the gift for my bil's.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have two weddings on Oct. 4 - one is my co-worker's and the other is a cousin's second wedding. I'd like to do hm, and keep the cost below $20... any ideas?

FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob Jerseygirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Try a white satin covered photo album with their invitation framed in the middle of the front cover-you know they will use it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I often go to the dollar store and get a big bucket and fill it with cleaning supplies. No, it's NOT romantic, but it is very practical! I have done this for about 10.00 on severeal occasions!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i usually give a set of pyrex or corningware bakeware. not hm, but there are sets for less than $20.00 that have the basic stuff that actually gets used. if you can find a nice looking binder, you could make a recipe book like someone suggested above, or make a household notebook if your printer prints nicely and either use some of the printables from the organizing websites, or make your own with a windows program. (i tend to give practical gifts )

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

An altered book of family recipes?
    Homemade fleece blanket?
    HM Candles?
    Bathroom or Kitchen basket (towels and such)? You could use a dishpan or laundry basket or fold the towels into animals or flowers?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a wedding to go to in Oct. They are both in there 40's so pretty much have 2 of everything. Her mom got them kayaks & we bought them some topo maps of New Hampshire & Vermont and 2 books- one river guide & One canoe/kayak quiet water guide. Now they are all set.

I like to buy frames, candlesticks or picnic basket for presents too.