baby, wedding shower ideas
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default baby, wedding shower ideas

I am attending to six showers in the next four weeks. Two of which I am hosting. The first one was today and here is how I tried to keep it as frugal as possible.
    My frugal tip is that when I went to get the prizes for the games, I went into a nice gift shop in town and asked about their spring decorations and if they had anything in the back that might not be perfect. They had some adorable glass Easter Eggs that for some reason they weren't going to sell and she gave them to me in cute gift bags with bow, for what probably would have been $40 dollars, easily for $14. Still not sure why they were in the back, who cares.
    So, always ask, you never know.
    Also, for the little favor for the guests, I gave them all little clear gift bags with a bag of microwave popcorn in them with a tag that I made that said, She is about to POP!
    Next I am hosting a shower for my soon to be sister in law, if anyone has any cute favor ideas for that, I would really appreciate it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

In our part of the world we don't do games and favors at showers of either kind. We serve something yummy to eat, watching the guest of honor open the gifts is the enterainment. We split up the foods among the hostesses (where everyone brings something) and we all help serving. The table is set very formally and we serve a yummy punch with whatever else we have. That's it. The honoree usually has a small gift for the hostesses as a thank you. It's odd how different parts of the country do it differently. I recently attended a shower for my neice and they played games and had favors there as well. It was a first for me, a lot of fun too but very different from showers here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for the above ideas and ones that I'm sure have yet to be posted. I'll be watching for them. I'm hosting a baby shower at church next month. The new mom asked that I please involve her mom (soon to be grandma) with something. Her mom has vision problems, doesn't drive, doesn't cook, doesn't get around very well, and is very shy. I'h having trouble finding something for her to do!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob Jerseygirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Renee, have the mom be the official greeter, sit her by the door with a book for everyone to sign their special wishes for the baby, maybe have her hand out seating arrangements or favors or have her hand out and collect cards asking everyone to write a tip for the mom to be.