Wedding Dress
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Dress

Registered User northernmom2boys's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Wedding Dress

I was wondering how many of you kept your wedding dress or sold it or gave it away.
    We got married 4 years ago and my mil bought me my dress it cost 450
    +100 to alter it.I am never going to wear it again and I have 2 boys so I wont be passing it down.If I do sell it what is a fair price,where do I post it?
    Michelle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I bought mine second hand, ans resold it agin to someone else. IHave 2 boys too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i bought mine at an outlet store. 300 dollars cuz it was "last years design". its vac sealed and in a special box under my bed. i cant see me getting rid of it tho, that was about the last time i wore a dress. ( 6 years ago this may 20)
    but it would depend on what kind of dress it was as to what would be a good price. if it has bead work and sequins it would of course be worth more. have you thought about ebaying it? ive seen several on there. actually i think thats where my best friend bought hers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i still have mine. it cost $80. got it at sears of all places. i can actually wear mine again. we had a civil ceremony and i just got a simple dress. it was one of the spring/Easter dresses sears had at the time. if i ever get around to replacing the shoes i had to wear with it, i can wear it to church or out to dinner.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob baronmom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I still have mine. I paid $500 for it 12 years ago. I don't know if I can give it away. I have 3 boys so I know I won't be handing it down to them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I kept mine. My mother is going to turn it into blessing dresses if I have girls. It has beautiful cutwork on the train. I didn't want to part with it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I still have mine but I plan to sell it. I was much bigger when I bought it and don't ever intend to be that size again, nor would I wear it again anyways.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mine got yellow in the closet. My mom threw it away after a few years. Call me un-sentimental but I figured my Dd would want her own dress to wear. It was an inexpensive one 17 years ago at $300 or something like that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I had mine preserves (pre-frugal days) Now I am pondering selling mine or donating it. I think there are places to donate them. Still have to think about it.
    Miranda
    Spending less is easier than saving more.
    Goals
    ~Spend less $$
    ~Menu Plan

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

i had mine preserved and then had a christening set made for each child out of it (my dress was 1500 and all beaded satin) i kept the bodice intact if dd wants to use that we'll have the bottom done the way she wants...i kept my veil and headpiece, which i think she's more likely to use...i'm also gonna make each of them and myself a xmas tree angel with the leftover fabric of the skirt...and give to them as a xmas gift the first xmas out of the house...

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I still have mine... hanging in the closet of the spare bedroom. I'd like to get it preserved in a box, but that runs $150+ and I just can't bring myself to spend the money. I don't plan to get rid of it, though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by celina
    i had mine preserved and then had a christening set made for each child out of it (my dress was 1500 and all beaded satin) i kept the bodice intact if dd wants to use that we'll have the bottom done the way she wants...i kept my veil and headpiece, which i think she's more likely to use...i'm also gonna make each of them and myself a xmas tree angel with the leftover fabric of the skirt...and give to them as a xmas gift the first xmas out of the house...
    Now THAT is frugality! You go, Celina!!! Awesome ways to use such a piece of your past! Way to go!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

http://www.wedalert.com/content/arti..._of_giving.asp For those of you who are thinking about donating your gown...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I still have mine, its preserved in a box with the veil. It cost about $89.00 to have it done, but it was worth it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here we have a free weekly paper called "The Advertiser" and they advertise your wares for free. I'd try the newspaper, too. June is a popular month for weddings, so you're more likely to find someone willing to buy a wedding dress now, than say December.

As far as the price goes, you can never get what you put into it. Or at least I can't. Pricing it just depends on if you're willing to part with it or if you want it out of your way. If you want it out of your way, then price it to sell and price it much cheaper than someone could find in the store. Sometimes if it's priced too high, someone will think "I could buy this in the store for a few dollars more."

Does this help?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast