did you keep your wedding dress?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default did you keep your wedding dress?

I was married almost 8 yrs ago and still have my wedding dress in the closet. How many of you have yours? Im thinking of getting rid of it. I have been getting rid of everything I dont need or use. Im not sure why I keep it.What are your thoughts

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I did keep mine (from 14 year ago) and had it sealed so it doesn't yellow. I always look at it and wonder why I kept it, though. I have two boys and I'm done so I won't be having daughters.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My mom has mine. We got it sealed after I got married so my future daughter can wear it (if she wants)

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I didnt have a wedding dress. Dh and I eloped

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have mine in my closet...never had it sealed or whatever after the wedding as I didn't have the money for it (long story about IL's screwing up my finances). I am especially sentimental, and I can't bear the thought of getting rid of it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have been married 3 years and my dress is hanging up in a closet at my mom's. I plan on selling it or donating it to some of those charities for prom dresses. It's just a white prom dress and it's not like I'm ever going to wear it again. I want it to go to someone that will really enjoy it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

~Yes, but mine is not much more than a slip so it doesn't take up any space at all. I'm not saving it for memories or for my daughter, but because it was handmade by DH's aunt. I couldn't part with something handmade. It's an heirloom to me.~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I still have mine in the closet (after 17 years), but didn't have it sealed either. It's not especially fancy but it is pretty. I had someone make it for me and it only cost around $75, materials and all. I'm not sure if my DD would ever want to wear it for her wedding because I don't really think it's her style. I guess I just keep it because, like Michelle, I'm sentimental and can't imagine getting rid of it.

--Michelle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have mine hanging in our spare closet. I know I really need to get it preserved, but I haven't yet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My husband and I eloped, no fancy dress. My sister saved hers and knew that it would never be passed on, how many daughters actually wear them? For sentimental reasons she used her dress and had a baby gown and blanket made out of it. She saved the rest of the dress for a quilt and a piece that can be used for a hankie, garter, or something small for her child to use in her wedding as something old. The gown and blanket can be used by a boy or girl and will pass it down to her grandchild. So the dress will be used for many years to come in one way or anothe.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I kept both of mine (one from late dh and one from current dh). I've thought about keeping them, as I have two girls (one for each girl). But I don't know. I've also thought about getting rid of them. They take up so much space...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am sure it will never be used again but I kept it anc can't imagine letting it so it means so much to me...
    We have been married for almost 15 years now.

Eileen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I did keep mine for about 2 years after we got married but since then have donated it to the local thrift shop, I bought it off a seamstress before getting married for $75 and it really was a beautiful dress.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've saved mine for almost 17 years now. It is hanging in its white zippered bag in my spare closet and I hope my daughter wants to wear it someday. But if not, that's o.k. It is beautiful, bought it right off the rack, only the third dress I'd tried on, and it fit like a glove! Never will I forget the feeling I had in that dress. Can ya tell I'm sentimental? LOL I'll save it forever and ever . . .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't have a dress yet, I am still in the early stages of planning a wedding. With the way finances are, it could be 1-2 years or more before the big day arrives. I don't have a date set yet! I guess I am not the norm. My mom has her dress from her first wedding (my dad) that would need to be altered in many ways in order to wear it. I guess it would come down to what was cheaper to do-alter hers or buy my own. I think I will have a difficult time getting rid of mine someday. I would want my future daughter or grandaughter to have the option to wear it or not. I probably wouldn't mind storing it out of the way in the back of my closet.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast