Wedding gift opinions needed
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Wedding gift opinions needed

my sister is getting married next month, i am her matron of honor/ florist/ wedding planner LOL. they are getting all of their pictures (professional and candid) digitally and I was thinking as a gift offering to assmble a photo album, using one of the photo sites and giving them a gift certificate for my assmbling time as well as the cost of the book. Do you guys think thats a good gift??

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would have loved such a gift!! My pictures are still sitting there after three years. Make sure she has alot of input, could be something sister do together.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think that would be a perfect gift. More often then not it is time gifts rather than monetary that means the most. KWIM?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That's an excellent gift!
    I had a problem with wedding gift giving a few months ago. I have 4 friends that are getting married. 2 of them got married 6 days ago, and the other 2 are getting married may 7. Since I can't afford much I'm having my sister-in-law.... who just got accepted to Montserrat College (Art school) with a full scholarship... paint three pictures for each couple. Picture #1 will be of the bride, #2 will be of the groom, and #3 will be of them both. The best part is that I'm letting each couple pick their own pictures... but even though they've got suspicions about what i'm doing they haven't guessed it yet. I thought it was something original and unique.

THat, and my sister-in-law is only making me pay for supplies... but since the paintings are in black and white... I don't have many tubes of colors to buy. Cost effective.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think it is a great idea!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It sounds like a good idea to me .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow, what a neat idea! I wish someone would have given me that!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

YES!!!! and I really don't have anything else to say.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not to sound like a downer here but I have been in your position before. The organizing of an album is a great idea if you're taking the pics. OR organizing an album from all the candid shots that guests post on a site for the bride and groom - thats a wonderful gift. Having someone prepay for those to be printed would very much a bonus. But if they're having their pics done professionally, I believe part of the package is that the photographer does that part for them. I never realized that some photographers OWNED your pics and made you contact them for reprints etc. Some will let you have the rights to your pics and give you a CD for reprints on your own after the special day.

But printing up lil notices for the tables at the reception OR handing out business cards that have a preprinted webisite address to the wedding album for the couple is a great idea. I did that for the wedding couple and they enjoyed it! A lot of people uploaded their pics on their own to share with everyone as well as flood the happy couples email with the same pics

I think an IOU could be a very wise gift as well - just explain you want to wait to see if there was someone that they wanted (within reason) that they never received as a wedding gift or a service they 'forgot' about and then offer to get them that - after the wedding? I think my best friend got a FULL day at the spa for the new couple to spend time together AFTER it was all done and over with. Not frugal I know but to me that was creative and thoughtful! They both enjoyed it enormously!

HTH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

thanks guys....i always feel akward not having a tangible gift so i wanted to make sure this was something that would really be wanted.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by shorty View Post
    Not to sound like a downer here but I have been in your position before. The organizing of an album is a great idea if you're taking the pics. OR organizing an album from all the candid shots that guests post on a site for the bride and groom - thats a wonderful gift. Having someone prepay for those to be printed would very much a bonus. But if they're having their pics done professionally, I believe part of the package is that the photographer does that part for them. I never realized that some photographers OWNED your pics and made you contact them for reprints etc. Some will let you have the rights to your pics and give you a CD for reprints on your own after the special day.
    yeah i know this from my own wedding thats why we only have a few pics.

fortunately the photographer is a friend of the groom's cousin LOL he is working this as a portfolio builder so the agreement is that he will shoot the wedding all digital and then give them the photos and the rights and he can use whatever he would like to build his portfolio/ promo but my sis and bil would own the pics. hes not printing anything for them.

that why thought this would be good since they wont get that big nice album. this is also a blessing cause my sister has boxes and boxes of pictures from her life that are still in the photo envelopes and i would hate for her wedding to get lost in the shuffle lol

i do like the idea of asking people to send me the pics they take to be added. maybe i will print my email address on some slips of paper and give it to guest who have brought their cameras

thx

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by teresaabsurd View Post
    That's an excellent gift!
    I'm having my sister-in-law.... who just got accepted to Montserrat College (Art school) with a full scholarship... paint three pictures for each couple. Picture #1 will be of the bride, #2 will be of the groom, and #3 will be of them both. The best part is that I'm letting each couple pick their own pictures... but even though they've got suspicions about what i'm doing they haven't guessed it yet. I thought it was something original and unique.

i would love to receive original art as a gift! my mother often gets things like that for me when she travels from street painters and stuff and i think that is the best!