How much did you spend on your wedding?

View Poll Results: How much was spent on your wedding?

Voters
41. This poll is closed
  • Not much, we eloped!

15 36.59%
  • $2500

11 26.83%
  • $5000

9 21.95%
  • $10,000

3 7.32%
  • $15,000

2 4.88%
  • $20,000

1 2.44%
  • $25,000

0 0%
  • $30,000

0 0%
  • More than $30,000

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question How much did you spend on your wedding?

~I just read this article http://finance.yahoo.com/expert/arti...neyhappy/39681 and it got me thinking about what we Frugal Villagers spent on our weddings(or about what our parents spent). According to the article, the average is $28,000. I sure would've LOVED to have had that much to spend. I'm a such a Bridezilla type. The princess gown, the band, ice sculptures, everything! We had VERY little to spend. DH insisted on a wedding over eloping so we had to do something really simple. We spent about $2000. That's everything from rings and clothes to flowers, food and the rehearsal dinner. Our honeymoon cost more!In fact, my engagement ring cost more...How about you?~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

None of the options fit me, so I didn't vote.

We spent under $500 for a small family wedding with immediate family members and my best friend and her fiance in attendance (22 people, including kids). This included my dress, Hubby's suit, dinner following the wedding Mass, small amount for flowers, 1 night at a hotel, decorations and hall rental for the big reception we held for extended family and friends the following week. The food at our reception was a gift from several of my aunts, who made everything but the cake, which was also a gift from someone whose children I babysat in high school.

After the reception, we went on a week-long honeymoon, and that cost as much as the wedding!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We spent about $1,000 so I chose the $2,500 option even though we were way under that. We haven't had a honeymoon yet, we decided we'll do that once we're debt free.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

lol we spent 100 it was a justice of the peace, and included the dinner we bought that night, lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We didnt spend much on our wedding, because dh was a student. We didn't even have credit cards! We had my wedding gown and the bridesmaids gowns handmade (I think my wedding gown cost just over 100!) We rented a local banquet hall for dinner only and my parents paid for that. The photographer was a family friend who did our wedding for free. Flowers were the silk kind and I think we paid under 300. We drove to FL for our honeymoon, so with one night at a B&B, the other nights at motels, gas and meals, we didn't pay alot. I'm guessing roughly 2500 for the whole wedding!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I chose "we eloped" but in reality we were supposed to do that when DH's family started complaining and we had to invite them to the wedding. But I think overall we spent max $500, including the honeymoon and my wedding dress. Got married on Lake Tahoe on a private beach and spent two days in a luxury cabin (off season). If it had been entirely up to me, the wedding would have cost $0 and there would not have been any guests.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our "wedding" was on the cheap. We had a courthouse wedding, so the expenses were $40 for the license, I think $50? for the judge, $250 for my ring, and $90 for DH's ring. I wore a dress from Sear's ($59.99), and DH wore jeans and boots with a long sleeved shirt he already had. We didn't have any flowers, a cake, or a honeymoon. We both went to work the next morning. Less than $500 for everything. Twelve years later, we still wear the same rings, and I still have the dress. Still waiting for the honeymoon, though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We eloped. Spent $25 on the marriage license and $25 for the mayor to marry us in his office. Afterwards we went for Chinese food and then went home. We have yet to be on a honeymoon and we have been together since 1985

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We were married 22 years ago and I think when all was said and done it ended up costing about $4800 for everything. Dh's parents paid for our honeymoon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I put $10,000, but it was probably more like 8 or 9K. We were married on the beach in Jamaica. That was my husband's idea - I would have been more than happy to go to the courthouse but he wasn't having that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hmm - counting the cost of the material to make my dress, and a small bouquet of flowers - $50.00 maybe!?! Second marriage for both of us, so very low key. Best man paid for the minister - hubby was acolyte at church so not cost there -

My first wedding was also very frugal - mom and I made
    all the bridesmaid dresses (6)
    my wedding dress,
    Mom of the bride dress,
    we decorated both cakes,
    made mountains of finger sandwiches
    we made hundreds of silk ribbon flowers for decorations
    we made the coursages, boutineers, bridesmaid bouquets and my bouquet.

Only big expense was the rental of (if I'm lyin' I'm dyin) powder blue with royal blue fuzzy lapeled tuz's (What was I thinking!!!) and the hall for the reception. Friends put together mixed cassettes tapes for dancing.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I was married at the courthouse for both of my weddings. The first one was about $50 total. Paid for the license and the judge. Married on a snowy Friday afternoon. No honeymoon. Just 2 neighbors as witnesses. Nothing fancy at all.
    Second was a little more but not much maybe $200. We got married at 8:30 a.m. so not a lot a guest my 3 kids, his sister and brother and a neighbor were all that attended.
    Paid $15 for license $20 to the judge. And after wedding I had a brunch at the house. Then later we got a motel room. We did not have a honey moon until our 1 st anniversary.
    My dress can from goodwill, he wore what was in the closet.
    My ring is a recycled ring. The stone was from his mothers ring. We had it reset into something that I like. Cost about $500 to have it reset. Valued at $2500.
    Married 6 years tomorrow. 7/27/01.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mine was around $2500.00.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We eloped! I think my dress was like $15 shipped on sale (NOT a wedding dress, really - just a dress I thought was pretty!) Ross's outfit was just "nice clothes" he already owned - my mom and grandma were the only invited people. My mom bought me a corsage and also bought Ross and my wedding bands (I think they were something like $90 shipped?) and my dad paid for half of my engagement ring (I think it was $900 total?)...... we paid I think $45 or $30 to the judge to do the honors in his courtroom.

My cousin hosted our "reception" at his house - my grandma made the cake and provided some white grape juice.......

Our honey moon was compliments of my mom - 2 nights at a bed and breakfast about 40 minutes from where we lived. LOL

Yep, cheap!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We got married at the courthouse. I think our license and whatnot was less than $100. Then we had a little get together at our place afterwards, I probably spent less than $100 on a cake and food. My dress was just a nice dress and it was around $40. We stayed in a nice hotel and went out to dinner the night after we got married, a mini honeymoon. But my parents gave us money to pay for that as a wedding gift. So my entire 'wedding' including reception afterwards, cost less than $300.

We got married on leap day, Feb 29th, 1996.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast