Wedding Registry
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Wedding Registry

I am in the process of putting together our registry for our wedding. We have lived together for 5 years so we already have alot of what we need. There are definatly items that need to be upgraded though. Most of what we need are kitchen items (nice pots and pans, decent silverware etc..).

Its hard to think of what you need. Most of the time I don't think I need something until I have a need for it, by then it too late. What are some of your favorite items you can't live without?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm loving my stock pots in various sizes. Use commercial grade where possible, save you buying the same pans again.
    at least 2 commercial grade cooking sheets. these will be with you forever & serve you well. Got mine at bj's &wish I had these at the beginning of my marriage. Out of a pack of 3 I gave one to dd so she's off to a great start.
    2 good cake pans, I have 2 Wilton
    8x8 glass & metal pans
    9x13 glass & metal pans
    11x17 glass pan
    2 commercial loaf pans. Chicago metallic make nice ones.
    I could go on & on love the stainless stuff...
    good tongs in 2 sizes
    spaghetti fork
    ladles
    If there is something you are specifically wondering about the combined fv'rs could weigh in. I'm not a great cook but I know what works for us thru trial & error

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

crock pot, coffee maker, microwave, I would love a dutch oven (the heavy pot with lid kind), steak knives, mixing bowls.

What about new sheet sets or comforter for your bed? New towels, fabric shower curtain, bath mat for the bathroom. Just some ideas.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This may not be helpful at all, but I just wanted to say that if you already have all those things you need that people typically buy for newlyweds (originally because it was likely that newlyweds were just starting their lives together and didn't have any of these things, so "let's help them get set up"), you could always forgo the gift registry and maybe have people make contributions to a honeymoon fund? Or donate money for something else or....

I was recently in a good friend's wedding and even though they had already been together 9 years, had owned a house together for a few of those years now, he recently landed a very well-paying job, and they had all the kitchen and similar household items they could ever want, they still registered for the kitchen stuff because they figured that's what you do, so let's take advantage of it. I admit that most of my friends found it kind of pointless to buy them Crate & Barrel versions of things they already had, especially when they could afford them about 20x more than we could, and would have rather just given them more personal gifts, especially when we had all paid hefty sums out of our student salaries to fly to their Miami wedding.

Oh boy, sorry, I did not mean that to sound like a rant, or to sound as selfish as it may have. I guess I'm just trying to suggest thinking outside of the box when what's normally done is maybe not the most useful option for everyone. Just my

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I would put sheets, bath towels, kitchen towels, etc. on the registry. These things where out over time. You could put them away for future use, when the ones you have wear out.

McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I would put nice sheets, pillows, blankets, comforters, towels, etc. on the registry. For the kitchen, a nice crock pot is a must! Nice drinking glasses, spatulas, knife set, microwave, etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by acidcookie View Post
    This may not be helpful at all, but I just wanted to say that if you already have all those things you need that people typically buy for newlyweds (originally because it was likely that newlyweds were just starting their lives together and didn't have any of these things, so "let's help them get set up"), you could always forgo the gift registry and maybe have people make contributions to a honeymoon fund? Or donate money for something else or....

I was recently in a good friend's wedding and even though they had already been together 9 years, had owned a house together for a few of those years now, he recently landed a very well-paying job, and they had all the kitchen and similar household items they could ever want, they still registered for the kitchen stuff because they figured that's what you do, so let's take advantage of it. I admit that most of my friends found it kind of pointless to buy them Crate & Barrel versions of things they already had, especially when they could afford them about 20x more than we could, and would have rather just given them more personal gifts, especially when we had all paid hefty sums out of our student salaries to fly to their Miami wedding.

Oh boy, sorry, I did not mean that to sound like a rant, or to sound as selfish as it may have. I guess I'm just trying to suggest thinking outside of the box when what's normally done is maybe not the most useful option for everyone. Just my
    It's funny...I recently went through something very similar with a couple well into their 30's, who had lived together for years, registering for everything they already had.

My BF and I have most of the things we need already. If we were registering, we'd probably ask for things like towels and sheets. Possibly something bigger in the kitchen department that we haven't splurged on, like a big pasta pot, a nice saute pan, or something like that.

Otherwise, I like the idea of having people contribute to a honeymoon fund, or a house fund, or have them get you gift cards for Home Depot, Target, the grocery store, etc. Just a thought if you don't want to replace everything with brand new stuff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

http://www.google.com/search?q=honey...L_enUS237US237

you could set up one of these sites b4 the wedding and have ur guests put money into it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile

Towels: sort of plain patterned/colored so that they would go with different bathrooms or kitchens.

A good set of knives that will last you the rest of your life.

A good set of pots (I love my calphalon) that will last the rest of your life

Perhaps a tool set (hammers, screwdrivers, clamps, etc.) Pretty useful for both the guy and the gal!
    Spiritual:
    "You are fearfully and wonderfully made." Please... respect life.

Financial:
    Debt free, hoping to stay that way!

MY BLOG: glorybug.wordpress.com

1. Keep on writing.
    2. Get some balance in my life.
    3. Lose weight. Hopefully 20# this year.
    4. Continue to be looking for how God wants to use me this year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

maybe register for things that aren't necessarily in a traditional wedding registry but are still used for the house. Like some outdoor living things, storage and organization systems for the house, etc

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

How about Registering at Home Depot type place.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

register for a shopvac! Those suckers are handy.