Frugal Village Forums banner

What did you get free in August?

Tags
august free
10K views 94 replies 40 participants last post by  Jenibelle 
#1 ·
I didn't see this posted yet so I'd like to start!

I got:
~ a copy of the Sunday paper WITH all the coupons and sale flyers from my Grandma!
~ a free sample sized cafe mocha from McDonald's.

#2 ·
two tickets to a local play on Saturday night - great fun!!
2 GB memory stick
1 huge can of tuna fish
1 jar of brandied cherries
3 fat quarters of watermelon fabric

#4 ·
So far :

- 2lb bag of six cheese tortellini from Schwans
- 1 free bag of M&Ms from the mars free chocolate promotion
- Grandma just returned from Branson, MO and brought all sorts of goodies with her from the thrift stores there. I've yet to go through the entire bag.

#6 ·
- 3 fat quarters of watermelon fabric
- homemade catsup
- homemade mustard
- homemade relish
- 2 balls of yarn (100% wool)
- crochet magazine
- homemade hot cocoa mix
- 3 pack splenda sample pack

#7 ·
6 bolts of lovely fabric ranging from 10 to 50 yards each! :)

#8 ·
Debbie - you win the abundance award!! Congrats on the fabric!! Dare we ask what you are going to make with all that fabric!?

Reactions: Debbie-cat
#10 ·
Dale Jr hat,sticker,key chain and picture my mom is a big fan so I sent for the fan club kit.( I'm not sure what she will do with the hat ) so I will keep the kit for Christmas.
raspberries
beans
75 coupon inserts
4 packages of uncle bens rice
a soy candle

#11 ·
free, I don't think I have gotten anything free.

I did hit a buy one get one free sale, does that count? LOL--I had to pay though to get the free one..LOL

I mean I swapped some of my farm pork for my friend Barb's beef from her dairy. Is that free? LOL

I don't get alot of free stuff, I ain't the lucky type. Well...I do get stuff from Mom and all and it is free....but never that good score!! :)

#13 ·
A self addressed stamped envelope to mail my overly expensive property tax bill in lol

#16 ·
A friend of ours has a sister who works at a fabric factory so when there are leftovers, she takes them home and gives them to me! :D

Reactions: semo_mom
#19 ·
My August freebies

1. 1 bottle Herbal Essences shampoo (FPC)
2. Plant pots, 2 large-mesh plastic garden screens, 2 decorative garden border ornaments, 1 hanging garden ornament, 1 dustpan & replacement broom handle (all from a neighbour who moved & gave me some things)
3. Foraging: wild saskatoons (over half a pail)

#20 ·
My August freebies

1. 1 bottle Herbal Essences shampoo (with FPC);
2 Herbal essences products (with two Buy 1, Get 1 Free coupons)
Total = 3 free H.E. products
2. Plant pots, 2 large-mesh plastic garden screens, 2 decorative garden border ornaments, 1 hanging garden ornament, 1 dustpan & replacement broom handle (all from a neighbour who moved & gave me some things)
3. Foraging: wild saskatoons (over half a pail)

#21 ·
1 cup foraged blueberries and raspberries yesterday from the back of the property...just enough for muffins. :D

#22 ·
One free Glade airfreshener w/fan.

#23 ·
A bottle of bath and body works fragrance spray ($5 worth). Free with coupon no purchase necessary.

I let my daughter pick it out and keep it. She paid for it with the coupon. It was a nice surprise for her and she is thrilled.

Afterward I kicked myself thinking if I had shopped myself I could have saved the free thing for her Christmas stocking. Oh well.

#24 ·
Nivia for men body wash
Big bag of new skeins of yarn from my niece who got them from her step-mom. :)

#25 ·
My August freebies

1. 1 bottle Herbal Essences shampoo (with FPC);
2 Herbal essences products (with two Buy 1, Get 1 Free coupons)
Total = 3 free H.E. products
3. Foraging: wild saskatoons (over half a pail)[/QUOTE]
4. 1 fishing float, found at the river

#29 ·
A box with 24 packets of microwave popcorn. I had a free coupon :)

30 half gallons of ice cream.... Was in the dollar store the other day, and happened upon the gal emptying the freezer. After I asked her what she was doing.....I ended up with the ice cream. It was a bit soft because the freezer had quit. But nothing coming out of the box corners and it all set back up.
I shared with the kids of course. Way too much ice cream for this household. Even with the freezer out in the garage to slow down the temptation. I just have a hard time saying no to free food.

3 large brown grocery size bags of free tupperware freezer containers from a garage sale.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.