What Did You Get Free In July 2013?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default What Did You Get Free In July 2013?

Starting a new thread for a new month
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I got:
    Gevalia coffee sample

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

8 backyard eggs, more magazines

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

'nother $50 gas card from doing surveys.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got 2 2-liters of Pepsi Max from CVS using my spring-spending ECBs...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

7/6 One of my son got me a new recliner.Was a surprise it lot nicer and more expense then I would have got if I had been buying a new one.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

So far this month we got

Free
    Family zoo pass gift
    $24 won in scratch off lottery tix that were in my birthday card
    Jr. Frosty
    Smiley cookie
    Pacifier, 1diaper, 1pack wipes and 8 newborn sample formula bottles from dr's office samples
    $5 hpb gc for dd reading log.

Not really a freebie but my friends dropped off 3 50 packs of size 1 diapers she had leftover her little one did not use. All and all it has been a great month. We plan on using the zoo pass again next week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hmm... this one depends on how you look at it.

I went to CVS and bought 3 64-load bottles of Tide on sale for $11.94 each. So with tax that would have been $37.96.

With some clever couponing and their promotion for $10 ECB when you spend $30 on certain products, I spend $29.67 and got $10 ECB back.

I took that $10 plus a handful of other coupons, and spent $6.42 OOP to get:
    1 pantene shampoo
    1 pantene conditioner
    2 Aussie 3-minute miracle
    1 Head and shoulders 14.2 oz
    2 Gillette Fusion 2.5 oz shave gels
    5 2-liter Pepsi Max

So, you could argue that using all the coupons, I saved a buck on the laundry detergent and got the rest "free."

But I definitely got one of the shave gels and one of the pantene's free, because those were BOGO coupons. And could argue that Head and Shoulders was "free" because it was on sale for $4.99, I had a $2 coupon, and buying the H&S got my shampoo total high enough that I could use a $3/$15 shampoo store coupon.

So, it's all in how you look at it, I guess...

At any rate, the cashier was impressed, and I'm ok with the savings (would have loved it if they hadn't overridden the price on the BOGOs, but CVS has been doing that around here for months now

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Month of camping as camp host! It does require 80 hrs of work but free camping on a lake, we said yes

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Well today a friend called and asked if I wanted her infant car seat. No accidents and it's not expired. I already have one but only one base and 2 cars. So then this way I can just keep an infant car seat in each car rather than go out and get another base. I also cut up a bunch of my daughters old clothes to use for paper towels/rags. I hate spending money on garbage bags, toilet paper and paper towels. I will not convert to reusable toilet paper or menstral cloths. Sorry some are just off limits for me. Lol! I also was able to go thru some decluttering around the house and I found a bunch of things to put into the daycare craft bin. So those were kinda like freebies. Lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ok, so today I was sort of an accidental dumpster-diver, but wow!

I was dropping some stuff at the dump, and someone had thrown away a really pretty beach-type mesh bag, so I traded... my junk for theirs.

Then when I went to pick my daughters up from daycare, the only parking was around the back... well, they are about to have their however-often-it-is inspection in a week or so, and the lunch lady was wheeling out a bunch of stuff from their freezer to the dumpster... Ok, so the hamburger buns were past-date (but not stale or moldy)-- I got two big bags... and two bags of stale-but-not-moldy bread (gonna dry for breadcrumbs, I'm all out, and maybe make some "Texas Toast" garlic bread-- the slices are really thick)... The 10lb turkey breast (the kind you see at the deli, and they slice it for you-- not the formed stuff, actual real turkey breast) was close-date, but it's been frozen forever, so it's fine by me... and I really don't understand the two CASES of Hot Pockets that are "best-by Feb 2014" Maybe she misread the box? Anyway, she let me have all that, and said if I'd been 20 minutes earlier, there was a bunch of other stuff she'd already tossed... but hey, I'm happy enough with what I got...

Turns out my kids don't *LIKE* ham and cheese Hot Pockets, so I'll be passing those on to Sis along with a bunch of the turkey I was able to shave off with my slicer... now I have a big cube o' turkey breast in the freezer I'll have to use soon, but hey... free...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Free is free!! Gotta love it. I am hoping for a good mail day.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

MORE magazines, and an almost full 5 gal bucket of wood deck protector. My deck is due for it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Today I got a free quarter pounder from McD's, but DAMN I had to work for it!!!! We went through drive-thru... I told him when I ordered that I had a coupon... when I got the window, he took the coupon and put it in his drawer (I watched), and then when I got my receipt, $3.99!!! So at the next window, I asked her to correct it. She said I had to come inside, so I did. Inside, they gave me a hard time. First the guy said he didn't remember getting a coupon (we're talking 3 minutes, TOPS since it happened...) then I insisted she open the drawer... then she tried to just hand me a second burger... FINALLY she grudgingly went in the "back" and talked to the manager, who gave me a dirty look but didn't come out and apologize for THEIR mistake and wasting my time and gas (had to leave the car running so the kids didn't swelter to death.)

Eventually, they did refund me the $4.23, and even gave back the coupon after making a big deal of "we don't accept this coupon, it's not from us" (BS, it is from MCR and had the McD's symbol on it in holographic ink...)

So in the end, I got a free burger, like their coupon said. Ironically, it sucked. So I am glad I went in and got my money back, because I'd be REALLY mad if I'd paid that much for a yucky burger (the bacon tasted like ham... gross...)

Oh, and if the cashier had looked at the coupon and said "I'm sorry, we aren't accepting these," it would have been fine, and I would have told him to take the burger off my order. It was the fact that he took my coupon, charged me anyway, and then tried to LIE about it that pissed me off. The attitudes of the head cashier and manager were charming as well...

All in all, probably the least enjoyable "free" thing I've ever gotten. ;D

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Zhoen, DEFINITELY call, email, FB, Tweet, or write McDonald's corporate about this. You will probably get MORE free coupons!! I would let them know about the bad customer service I got.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast