What did you get for free in Sept '15?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default What did you get for free in Sept '15?

It seems some of us have chosen not to or forgotten to share our 'freebies' we find along the way! I will attempt to revive this thread, as I enjoy posting when I get goodies for free. It reminds me to acknowledge and to be grateful for the bounty in my life. And yes, I consider all the 'little things' that add up and are indeed a bounty!

Today, my best finds from the free center (I popped in to do something quick and stayed to help unpack donations from a HUGE group yard sale in town that came in after closing on Sat- what a MESS)-

-A diary of a Wimpy Kid game for the kids
    -brand new, sealed kiddie puzzle for DD7 for Xmas
    -gorgeous linen wrap dress, black with white piping, looks great on me
    -various high end trial/travel sized facial cleaners, shampoo, conditioner
    -two sealing glass containers to store dried goods
    -large, sealed Avon bubble bath

Nothing free from the grocery store as of late, but I haven't been couponing like I used to.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Head of cauliflower & 2 cabages

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

3 light bulbs, cfl's
    waterproof bandaid
    3-daffy apples

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Does almost free count? I got a laptop at a rummage sale for $5, including a really nice carry bag. It was password protected but we were able to install an old hard drive in it and now, after some hours spent updating various things, it's up and running and working fine. Just what I needed for my office!

We picked up a six-drawer credenza free at the dump last week. Husby will use it in his office. It replaces the antique buffet he was using that wasn't the right kind of storage, and we sold that on our garage sale for $5. The credenza doesn't need a thing done to it, so it's not a project. All I did was dust it and give it a nice rubdown with lemon oil so it looks almost new now.

We picked up nine items including lemon oil furniture polish, scratch remover, spray paint, paint stripper, Murphy's oil soap, and a couple other things at the household hazardous waste disposal place when we dropped off our hazardous trash. They have a room there where they set out items that are still usable for people to take what they want.

Two candy bars and two meat sticks at the grocery store.

A family size box of Chicken in a Biscuit crackers from a friend who didn't want them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Kahiki brand sends you a b1, g1f coupon once a year for your birthday if you're on their email list. I saved mine until a sale hit, which was this week, so I got 1 free box of General Tsao's chicken today. At-home Chinese for us some weekend soon!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Great to see this thread revived! I like to acknowledge my friends, and family who think about me.

This fall we have received two loads of vegetables from friends who live in a small town and have a large garden. Their cousins are also sending food in for us. We, in turn, have been able to pass some of it on to other people. Plus we've been able to put the people who delivered up for a night or two.

I have another friend who gave me 4 grocery bags of windfall apples that I made into applesauce and apple jelly.

Plus a lady knit me a pair of socks in August and gave them to me the beginning of September. Beautiful hand knit wool socks!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I received a bushel of Fuji apples from some friends. I also got a trunk organizer for free.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's thinking about getting chilly here in NH, Peanut, so I am totally jealous of your cozy socks! I got some free groceries items today. After specials/coupons, I got for free-
    -1 container of organic butter spread
    -6 boxes of quinoa linguine (actually a $4.50 money maker for me when the peelies on the boxes doubled)
    -I can of soup

SO CLOSE to free- 6 boxes of elbow and penne pasta at .07 a piece.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We got 4 coupons for free beverages on Southwest which we used this month. We got two nights free @ Marriott using points. I ordered a $40.00 gift off amazon & paid with Discover points, plus free shipping.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Working at the free center today, I got:
    -2 cans of soup and a bag of non-GMO, organic cereal (we don't really accept food and aren't supposed to put it out, but sometimes people have some in their boxes of donations)
    -a new-in-box Hello Kitty Chia head for DD7 for Xmas
    -a bunch of legal pads for all my lists and calculations
    -3 packs of hair ties (new, the only way I'd grab those)
    -a gently used Liz Claiborne black purse in the perfect size and style for me, black
    -A Halloween shirt for me, perfect to wear to the kids' 'spook parade' at school where they wear their costumes and march around the school before their class parties
    -some Star Wars books for ds9. I WISH I had thought to stick one or two away for the holidays, but I thought of it too late!
    -a 3 piece sealing ceramic canister set to store dried goods (rice, couscous, brown rice, maybe? TBA)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Free rhubarb plant from the greenhouse in town. It was the last one and didn't look the best, so they said we could just have it.

Four Snickers bars from the grocery store.

An aluminum yardstick I asked the seller to throw in when I bought a little antique cabinet at a garage sale.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Daffodil bulbs from a friend