Whats for dinner tonight? - Page 18
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 81516171819 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

still working on leftovers so that is dinner tonight. turkey breast and roasted veggies. will add some rolls or something

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Looks like the sourdough is alive so we will be having pizza. Found some tomato sauce, ham, cheese and l/o ravioli filing (spinach & cheese) in the freezer, and there's some salami in the fridge. Will chop up some onion and peppers too.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will be having pizza don't want to cook.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DH cooked a pot roast and mashed potatoes

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That sounds really good, Ru.

Picked up some mushrooms while I was out today, going to make meatballs with marsala sauce, and mash up the last of the potatoes.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nothing that was on my menu chicken breast strips and fries.I am trying to eat up somethings in freezer that got shoved in back that still good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

smoked chicken, spinach & dirty rice

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It's funny this thread kind of peters out now and then. Right now I'm doing more interesting cooking because I buy the same basics and am trying to use up what I have.
    Dinner tonight was "peel a pound soup" but even then, had to fake it. YESTERDAY I accidentally binge ate 14 Lara Bars (those fruit and nut based shelf-stable nutrition bars...got some on sale and OOPS...ate the box entirely...so...yeah, there's a pound needing a peel!)

This soup is basically fresh veggies, tomatoe-carrot-celery-onion-cabbage, boiled up together and eaten. REALLY low calorie and pretty refreshing. I had diced up all my cabbage and am fermenting it as sauerkraut, but robbed a few table spoons. Emptied a can of low-sodium tomatoes in a pan, added water, my last fresh carrot (2 quarts are fermenting as ginger carrots..), didn't want to cut up a whole onion for 1 serving of soup so I put in 3 garlic cloves instead, and the last stalk or two of celery that was getting a tad limp.
    Added 4 tablespoons of italian herbs (because I spilled it a little bit). It was really nice! I threwin the scoop of fresh sauerkraut right at the end so I didn't cook all the probiotics out of it.

I'm finding that my tolerance for night afternight of veggie soup is going up as long as I mix up the seasonings. Next time I'll make it more hot-spicy with dried jalapenos.

Now my fresh veggies are down to 2 onions, 2 butternut squash and the garlic and some greens from the garden and the yard (Dandelion greens are good when they are young!) Tomorrow will clearly be squash based.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

lol that is the problem with those type of bars. say only one for serving but you always ate more. fri was frozen asian dumplings w leftover chinese food veggies, frozen fries, fish and veggies. made pulled pork w bbq sauce and onions yesterday for today in the slow cooker. will open a can of baked beans to go w it. have buns.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I find the bars incredibly filling. Like one will be enough for lunch, but yeah they are tasty.

Squash makes a good creamy soup, or can be used as a base for chili. For the veg soup, you can add beans or pasta.

Dinner tonight is ribs on the smoker (well, in the oven now), baked potatoes and maybe a fresh veg. Getting into the stuff from the deep freeze. Tomorrow is mac-and-cheese, one of the pantry items I picked up for this stay-at-home period. Going to be into canned food soon. Going to see if I can stop tomorrow and pick up more milk and vegetables.

Use it up, Wear it out,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Breakfast Burritos

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My aunt in Bodega Bay (the rich aunt!) sent me a care package like I'm still in college. I loved it. A sweatshirt she didn't care for, it fits me fine. AND some trader joe's food. 2 cans of tuna, 2 cans of dolmades (those grape leaf rice things), a jar of dried tomatoes and another of bruschetta. I already ate a can of dolmades but am saving the rest for a weekend treat. Fun to get.
    Dinner last night was butternut squash with fermented cabbage and fermented onions. The onions are BONKERS...delicious but it's good I'm "social distancing" because the odor increased with fermenting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Maggie- Gotta appreciate that social distancing! LOL

Thawing meatballs & extra sauce for penne pasta Wednesday night.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smoked baby backs and cornbread

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Texas ribs slow cooked in a DO, Korean bean sprout salad, and smashed potatoes.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 81516171819 LastLast