Nanowrimo

Thread: Nanowrimo

Parsimonious
    Tourist

Default Nanowrimo

Is anybody else going to spend November writing a novel? I love the Nanowrimo idea
    (And it's devilishly frugal. A bit of electricity, loads of coffee, that's it!)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good luck to all you writers! Wishing you lots of inspiration and very little rewrites. :writer:

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

hey pars--i'm all signed up and ready to go
    got lots of half-thoughts on what to write about.....
    have you planned it or are you just going to wing it starting nov 1st? i'm not sure which way to go

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Parsimonious
    Tourist

I know my main character, the first chapter, and the basic plot. Everything else will develop from that.
    I did a private-Nanowrimo in February, and planned much more then. I didn't need most of it, though. So this time, I'll trust myself to come up with most of the stuff 'on the go'.

Have you ever done a Nano before?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

no i haven't
    i have to admit i've signed up for it a couple times and then when november came, didn't even go to the site.
    this year i'm committed!
    to be there & to go forth with it!!!

Parsimonious
    Tourist

I think doing Nano is a great adventure. It may not always be fun, but it's always an experience. Doing my private-Nano in February tremendously boosted my self-confidence in all things literary :-)

This year, November starts on a weekend, that should make it easier for us to make a headstart :-)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Nano Things

Got Nanowrimo on my mind all of sudden today. Here are some of the things I found:

Q10 : free download/free to use word program that will even keep count for you and also if you set it, tell you what percentage you are on your way to 50,000 words. I just downloaded it tonight and this is what I'm going to use this year to write my nano-novel
    NanoStew : blog that has a resource page with lots of help like name generators
    Meter for your site: I put the little guy watching tv at the end of my blog
    Thoughtbook : article about keeping a thoughtbook to help with your writing
    Wallpaper : cool wallpapers with calendars that you can use as desktop backgrounds -- just mouse over and right click and choose set as desktop background. they tell you how many words you should be up to on each day to win
    nanowrimo calendar with mouseover messages
    creative writing widgets
    preparing for nano: a blog post with some things to think about
    Permission to write badly certificate (pdf)
    Nano For the New and Insane: book download link on this page
    Nano Advice: lots of tips and resource links
    nano excel spreadsheet
    to boldly nano: fairly new blog with writing prompts
    naperwrimo: huge resource for writing
    ywriter: a download to use in writing your novel
    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NaNoWriMo"]Wikipedia[/ame]'s entry for Nanowrimo

that's it for today--getting ready to hit the hay
    i can't wait to see what happens by the end of November
    good luck to everyone who is trying to win

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Only a few days to go!

Is everyone ready for Saturday?!

I'm doing a mystery. Something along the lines of a cozy i think.

I can't wait!

Also, on the link for nanostew that jolinekacie posted is a WONDERFUL excel spreadsheet for tracking your nano progress.

dru

Parsimonious
    Tourist

I am arguing with myself a lot at the moment. I WANT to do the Nanowrimo, urgently so. BUT: I also need to work harder on my thesis, my deadline is CLOSE. If I participate, it's evenings and nights only, no lunchtime writing, no early morning writing (those times are reserved for my thesis). Ugh!
    I did a Nano in February and finished early, but I sometimes took an afternoon to write, and wrote through the weekends. I won't be able to do this this time...

Parsimonious
    Tourist

Nanowrimo=National Novel Writing Month.
    You start on November 1st, you finish on November 30th. In between, you write a novel of at least 50,000 words. Crazy, but fun

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I couldn't even imagine doing this! Good luck to you guys! I've been working on a novel for over 6 months, I couldn't even imagine doing it in a month. I could maybe put together a novel of short stories to equal the required words, but I don't think I could crank out a novel!

Maybe next year I'll give it a shot! I promised myself no new projects until my current writing project is finished and submitted!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Absolutely!

This will be my second time doing Nano! The first time I did it was in 2000. Not sure why I never participated again. I just signed up again last month and am anxiously awaiting the first online write in with those from my area.

I am writing a suspense/mystery! Not quite sure yet which it will actually be. I have done a little outlining but think that I will pretty much be winging it.

I love the concept of Nano, mainly because...it is okay to write crap! Once you get it written then you can go back and edit; rewrite; edit; rewrite; edit; rewrite...LOL! This is after all where the story really comes from! It will help me tremendously to just get me to get me going again!

Parsimonious
    Tourist

Yeah - you can write crap - but often, lots of it is actually surprisingly good :-D And since you do not stop all the time to edit what you have written so far, you actually get to FINISH you novel

I want one of those "winner" images

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Post Benefits of Investing in a Kitchen Knife?

Investing in quality cooking knives, tools, and accessories will be a job for life. That said, you don't need to mortgage the house to buy quality cooking knives if you know what to look for.

Nanowrimo-messer-magnetleiste-platzsparendes-k-c3-bcchenzubeh-c3-b6r.jpg

An artist is only as good as a tool that allows. This is especially true for culinary arts because having quality equipment requires a lot of sweat and effort from preparation and cooking. Investing in quality kitchen knives, cooking tools and accessories will be a job for life. That said, you don't need to mortgage the house to buy quality cooking knives if you know what to look for.

Chef's knife

If you have just set up a house or bought a quality cooking knife for the first time, you only need to buy a few basic tools to work on. Quality chef knives are very important for preparing and cutting things like peppers, onions and the like. If you cook a lot, you will find that the work is much faster and less effort with a quality chef knife.
    Don't buy cheap knives at your local big box retail outlet. I repeat, don't waste money with a cheap knife. You won't find sharp edges on it and using inexpensive quality knives can stress your body and cause carpal tunnel syndrome.
    Get a good quality forged steel chef knife with an ergonomically designed handle. Don't choose the first one that you see or the cheapest. You will want a knife with a knife between 6 and 10 inches in length.
    You can get a good chef knife for under $ 200 and a good one for around $ 100. Invest in a good chef knife that you can use for decades, instead of a series of cheap knives that disappear quickly.

Small fruit knife or vegetable peeler

The second knife you need is a good paring knife. Once again do not skimp on this investment. You will actually use this knife for years and buying quality means easier work, less effort and keeping your attention on food in its place.
    Get a paring knife with a quality forged steel blade that will be easy to use. A good quality knife is sharpened with only a few scratches on the steel so you can start carving tomato roses quickly and easily.
    To simplify work, get a paring knife with an ergonomic grip. If you do a lot of preparation work, your hands will thank you for it. Buying a quality paring knife is one of the best opportunities to get quality at a good price. You can find high-quality carbon steel Kershaw paring knives at prices under $ 20 or if the budget allows getting a professional quality paring knife for around $ 100. Your investment return will be a faster and less tense kitchen preparation.
    These three knives will become a big weapon in your kitchen warehouse. Invest a little more to get quality knives now and you can add knives and other cooking tools according to your time and budget. Cooking knives that handle well Search Articles, feel good in your hands and keep the edges well are every best chef in the kitchen.
    Last edited by RanoJarwo48; 06-01-2020 at 02:49 PM. Reason: kitchen knives