The Slow Slog.... - Page 14
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good luck with Husby's medical stuff. Hope he's doing well.

Hope you can get back to Biker soon. I only wrote for an hour on my WIP on Sunday. I thought about writing on Saturday but ended up spending my time crocheting. I also have to make sure I don't get so caught up in 'research' that I end up not writing.

There are a couple of Great Lecture courses I bought to help with my writing (history courses) that I haven't watched yet. For some reason, I can only watch those in small doses.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Husby is fine, thanks. It's just routine maintenance. Luckily we don't have to go out of town. It's painful for me to drive right now.

Usually when I can only stand small doses of stuff, it's because it's difficult, boring, or I have a different priority. Even interesting topics can be presented in boring ways. Hope you can get your research done even if it means switching to a different method of study.

I think I might be overthinking Biker, leading to procrastination. I'll have to think about that a while. 😄

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glad to hear Husby's ok.

The courses are a bit dry. The "research" I'm doing is more general and not exactly WIP directed. Mostly folklore. I guess it's more muse-bait than actual research.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There's that. Just be sure it's not procrastination instead of research. Or recreational reading diguised as research. Guess how I would know about such things. LOL!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

True enough! But I usually do my writing on Sundays (and going for Saturday) and my 'research' on other days. I've been definitely guilty of procrastination.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Score! I snagged CJ Box's Back of Beyond today, no waiting! His ebooks are always checked out. It's the first of a four-book thriller series I want to reread. I haven't caught any of them available all summer. The second one is The Highway that features an antagonist who drives cross country in a big black tractor-trailer. I got to the really scary creepy part as we were driving across southern Wyoming on I-80, which is a main east-west artery and was wall to wall semis, many of them big and black. I was freaked out from Cheyenne till we made the turn NE of Salt Lake City on our way to Ogden, UT. Fun trip! 😄

I love being able to get library books without even leaving my recliner.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great. I've been reading fanfiction the past few days.

I'm glad the libraries have been able to offer virtual courses and ebooks, especially during the pandemic. The local libraries have always kept up with technology but also have a lot of foot traffic on normal days. A lot of tutors usually meet there with their students at the libraries near me.

Yeah, that would be creepy, life imitating art. My Dad gave me his old Nook when he upgraded his but I never got into reading on it. I used to read fast enough to finish books in the library loan time but not much anymore. I could if I put my mind into it. Then again, I like having a physical book in my hands.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I spent some time on edits today. The first few chapters of Biker are not bad as far as plot, so for now I'm focusing on developing a more active voice and correcting head hopping. I figure I can get away with only one POV shift per chapter.

Storm has figured out there are snacks in the office. He also loves sitting on the back porch out there, looking into the woods behind the cabin. He's in and out frequently. He's a little bit of a distraction but if I can't take time to love up my boy, that would just be sad. I don't think Shadow has put it together yet that she can go to the cabin and be with me, but she will get it eventually. She's my girl and always wants to be with me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Glad to hear you're getting somewhere with your manuscript and Storm has made his way to spend time with you.

I have been able to get some work done on my manuscript, although not as much as I would've liked. Been too hot and humid lately to really get into writing. Hopefully, the temps will get better soon and I'll be able to focus better.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Don't you have AC? I hope you can get back the writing habit soon. Me, too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yeah but I hate it. It's too loud and distracting.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There's that. I hate hot humid weather and it can cause us problems because of some meds, so I'll put up with it. Wish our AC was working right.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spent an hour writing yesterday morning. I got a little bit done but I think everything that's going on right now is sucking my creativity at the moment. At least it's a convenient excuse for procrastination.

At least I wrote down a potential scene in my WIP notebook so I wouldn't forget it later. It's not a fully fleshed out scene but hopefully a plot point I can use later. I found a couple of MysteryQuest DVDs that might prove useful as possible plot ideas.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lots of serious, life altering distractions to deal with now. I'm having the same problem. But I'm getting into the acceptance phase, I think. That seems to help me work on developing a new normal.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314