The Slow Slog.... - Page 16
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD - I'm pretty sure the antag is going to end up being the project manager from the island, at least for this story. He ties into both the larger Critter situation and the group that initiated the whole situation in the first place. I'm pretty sure his GMC is that he needs to find two minor MCs (his goal) to appease the Critters he's allied himself with (his motivation). But the two MCs are not where he expects them to be and the main MCs have their own magic to be a threat (and have the ability to defend themselves and the mMC the PM wants).

The kids from the caravan are a red herring and have been hired by people remaining from the group who started the whole situation but who may or may not be associated with the Critters.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Spent two hours on my story today, although I didn't really add anything. There was one scene that I needed to change since I felt it was too early to share the information that I had in it originally. Didn't take it out entirely, just changed it to be more foreshadowing than an actual reveal. I probably would've continued writing but I had other plans just before noon. Still, it felt good to put that much time into it. And I'm thinking about it more often during the week.

Still reading the GMC by Dixon. I think I'm about halfway through it and it definitely has made me think more about character and plot and the relationship between the two. I have a couple of other books I picked up recently that I'll get to next. One's on character arcs. The other's on world building (The A-Zs of Worldbuilding by Rebekah Loper). The worldbuilding book literally goes through the alphabet and uses each letter for individual topics to consider in worldbuilding. That should be an interesting exercise to think about the different pieces. I've been bad about worldbuilding so far.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Didn't get any writing done today. Spent the morning waiting for my mattress to arrive, although I am happy for next day shipping. I did get a little bit of work done on world building yesterday. Right now I'm going through a list of world building questions/prompts from a world building website. Then I have a worldbuilding workbook that looks really interesting (The A-Z's of Worldbuilding). Each letter is a prompt for a different topic (J = the Judicial System, K = knowledge, M = military, etc.) with further questions to help prompt ideas for each topic. I plan on using the moleskin notebooks when going through that, rather than filling out the notes section of each letter, so I can use it for other WIP's.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516