Are there things you won't write in your journal?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question Are there things you won't write in your journal?

Yes, there are. I sometimes won't write about how I'm feeling about a certain situation or certain family member, only because I wouldn't them to read anything negative I might have said about them, someday.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, certain feelings at certain moments.

Tia

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I write pretty much what I'm feeling at the moment. It's how I feel. If someone doesn't like it, they shouldn't be reading my journal anyway.

I don't believe you should censor your writing when it's something as private as a journal.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If I am ever really upset or aggravated I always write down how I am feeling! I always get exactly how I am feeling down on paper, sort of like a release, then I tear it up and throw it away. It works wonders for me!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, sometimes there are things I won't write about. Other times I don't really care and just write away.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't write anything I wouldn't want my family to read after I'm dead.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Not really. My family and my friends know that I am a very open person so I pretty much write what I am feeling. I have a personal journal that I write online. When I left my old job last January, I attached it to my e-mail so my friends could see what I was up too. An old old friend read something and called me, he said that he was surprised that I was so open about about my life (mmm, i guess just like I am now

I also have a journal here at FV.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Yes, there are certain things I don't/won't write about. Things that I don't think my kids need to know about, even as adults.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is a difficult one. It's good to write and get things out. Trust is a big thing for me and I would hope that my family would honour my instructions not to read my journal....but I haven't told them not to read anything. I'm going off to have a think about this one...
    W

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, I censor my thoughts when I put them on paper. I feel thoughts are private, but verbal and written words should be censored by the owner. Think of the embarassment, pain and humiliation we would bring to ourselves as well as others if we voiced everything we continually thought. Think of the repercussions. There's a reason our thoughts are private.

I personally feel its okay to write and not censor something like a gratitude journal, but if what I am writing could embarass or harm me or others it should not be in writing. There are millions of people throughout history who have secretly read someone elses diaries or journals I've read a few myself in my day. Not proud of it, but it happened. Many parents read their childrens diaries to keep tabs on their kids goings on, and many children have unbeknownst to their parents read their journals. And think of all the diaries and journals that get read after someones death. People may have thought of you one way before they read your entries and another after; they may have thought of you one way while you were living and another after your death.

Now all this does not mean I never write what I am thinking. I have a prayer journal where I write to God my private thoughts and prayers but sometimes I will destroy pages after I've written them, because they're private. But in the grand scheme of things, nothing is truly private once it leaves your mind.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Originally posted by staceyy
    Many parents read their childrens diaries to keep tabs on their kids goings on, and many children have unbeknownst to their parents read their journals...".
    Staceyy,

You are right about that. I remember once, I think I was in junior high school and had written the name of a record and the singer's name. A few days later my mother wanted to know who "he" was, etc. She would not believe that it the "he" was a singer I would never meet. I just liked his music. That stayed with me for a long time. I guess it still bothers me since I am mentioning it

Also, I posted that I generally just about everything. I think it is because I tend to jot down random thoughts that serve as my journal. Also, I just realized that when I am unhappy with someone, I don't put it on paper, I try and work out what to do in my head, usually when the house is quiet.

Boy this forum really makes you think.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It depends on what Journal I'm writing in. If its my online blog, my best friend Tammi reads it, so if I'm frustrated with Tammi or something, I dont write it. Usually its relationship or general life things I write there. If its my yahoo 360 blog, then I write happy things that I dont mind people reading. If its the journal I keep for Chris, then I keep it happy, Don't want him to worry about me needlessly. he has enough to worry about being in a warzone. If its my personal journal, then I let it all out