Welcome to the 2011 Debt Reduction Challenge!
This is the official discussion thread for the 2011 Debt Reduction Challenge. Any comments or questions about the 2011 Debt Reduction Challenge should be posted in this thread. Discussion posts made to the 2011 Debt Reduction Challenge - Totals...
I've read some of his RichDad / PoorDad series and played Cashflow 101 in the past and came across another of his books that I hadn't read at a garage sale for 12.5 cents over the past weekend.
I've already been planning and doing some homework to start a part-time small business out of my...
ODS has been in a special needs education program with the public school district since I put him in school in 2005. He was 7 at the time. He started pretty late because we were going through immigration at the time and you can't attend public school here as an illegal immigrant.
You know...the one that starts "I think we should be careful how much we're extending ourselves with the way the economy is going..." Aaaah, that's my ultra conservative guy. I'm mildly panicking and saying "And in what ways do you think we could be more conservative in our expenditures?"...
If you are behind on the shows, and do not want to know what happens, skip this thread :)
Okay so last night was the first show. I like a lot of the characters, and yes they did get a good mix of people.
Jerry, the 74 yr old guy seems sweet. I don't think he'll make it too far once he needs to...
just thought i'd ask... :fuming: LOL
What's your fave bathing suit style?
Do you use a cover up? If so, what style?
Do you wear fashion shoes to the pool/beach?
(If so, HOW do you walk in heels in the sand?! LOL)
What are your fave or basic accessories when going to a pool/beach...
Do you consider yourself a feminist?
If so, what type - if any at all?
What makes you one and why did you choose to be labeled as such?
I ask for general discussion and out of personal curiosity as to my own values and wondering if *I* am or not.
I hope everyone is enjoying reading A Thousand Splendid Suns . I will jump in for Bibliomane until she returns and post the first 2 sets of questions for discussion.
1) What did A Thousand Splendid Suns teach you about the history of Afghanistan? Did anything surprise you?
My mom has been ill a very long time with follicular lymphoma and diffuse group b cell lymphoma. Now the docs believe her tumor has invaded her bladder. (It was not connected to the bladder but lurked just outside) She has always struggled with her weight, barely ever topping 115. Never had a...
Please do not read if you have not finished the book
1. Page 215 states "you were not placed on the library board to think. You were included because we thought your uncle might make a donation on your behalf". Did this trouble you when you read the first part?
2. Did you think both...
Please do not read if you haven't gotten to page 207 yet
1. Where do you think Dorothea is heading after Uncle Jacob dies. Should she have used a horse and done it at a different time considering the weather?
2. When she arrived at the Brauns, she said "they would die before they would...
Do not read if you haven't read to page 160
1. What do you think became of the fugitive?
2. Why was there mud on Uncle Jacob's quilt?
3. Who do you think paid for Mr. Schultz's ransom?
4. Dorothea is very quick to still condemn Mr. Nelson. Why do you think that continues. Do you...
Do not read if you haven't gotten to page 113
1. Why do you think Uncle Jacob needs this quilt by winter?
2. Why does he want this quilt exactly as he has drawn, with clear and distinct points?
3. Were you mystified by the lobsided 4 point block Uncle Jacob wants in this quilt.
Do not read if you haven't gotten to page 61
1. Have you ever read any of Jennifer Chiaverini's books.
2. Did you purchase the book or get it from the library?
3. Up to this point, do you think Uncle Jacob is for or against slavery.
4. How wise do you think Dorothea's parents are to...
If you haven't read the book, skip this thread
1. In the final half of the book, did you find any tricks you didn't already know?
2. Did she give enough space for Kitchen tricks?
3. In the money and finance department, did you feel using any of her tips would save you money? How...
Because of all thats going on right now, I'll be doing each book every few days. This is discussion #1 for Everyday Cheapskate. I'll be asking 5 questions per discussion. Hope that works for everyone and doesn't make it too pressured.
IF YOU HAVEN'T READ TO PAGE 107, SKIP THIS THREAD...
People in some other countries think Americans are crazy spending huge amounts of money on baby clothes. They would never dream of spending money for 3 or 4 completely different wardrobes for a baby - newborn size, 3 month size, 6 month size, 12 month size, nevermind 18 month and 24 month also...