Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get my boss a gift for Christmas. I usually buy him the $10 box of Hershey's Pot of gold chocolates. Of course they no longer make those and now its only a $5.00 box that is just too small.

we don't exchange gifts, but I always like to get him a little something to enjoy. I prefer to stay away from the coffee mugs and things like that because I don't want him to feel like he should keep something around for years.

Any suggestions? I checked Harry and David and saw several things in the price range (upper end of course) but they all looked cheap.

Thanks in advance!

·
2,688 Posts
A gift basket of fresh fruit ?
You may be able to make your own up.

I did get a brainstorm the other day for a different type gift this year. A 3 pound bag of salted/roasted peanuts.

Reactions: Josephhgoins

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
What about a gift certificate to McDonalds or a convenient store that he likes for his morning coffee or breakfast?

You can always find another chocolate candy, coffee, spices, or hot chocolate sets this time of year. One of those variety popcorn tins?

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
How about a something from Starbucks if you have one or another coffee shop in the area?

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
A bottle of nice wine?

Russell Stover does a nice box of chocolates (~12 oz) that's about $10 at Walgreen's or CVS.

Premium coffee?

Cigars?

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
i say no to McD's for a boss...imho

unless he has kids....

just my opinion.
I just threw that our there because it's a popular fast food or another one would be fine. Just because he is a boss doesn't mean he wouldn't enjoy convenience. :skept: I mean it's a gift...

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
if he is a wine drinker, i would buy a nice bottle of Liberty School Cabernet, put it in a nice wine bag and put it on his desk w/ a happy holiday card. even if he is not a drinker, he may be having a holiday dinner that others drink at.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
My husband would love a McDonalds gift card. The Frappachinos are one of his favorites!!He always gets a huge jar of maraschino cherries. He loves them.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
if you know he likes a certain fast food place or coffee place and regularly goes there i dont think it matters if its for McD's or not its more that he will appreciate it and use it that matters .

Ever go to a McDs on a weekday lunch rush - very few kids there - mostly adults on lunch breaks .

i good gift is something that focuses on the person recieving it - not on how it may look for you to give it .

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
no offense meant palooka. i just think that is totally inappropriate gift for a boss...just my opinion.
Why?? I'm really curious to know. :laugh: I'm not offended.

Socks, bubble bath and underwear would be inappropriate. But free food or coffee on the way to the office? :coffee3: It's a GIFT. I mean do you think if it was from Starbucks that would be more appropriate and more classy? Don't need to answer really...:)

*slowly backs out of this thread*

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
My husband would love a McDonalds gift card. The Frappachinos are one of his favorites!!He always gets a huge jar of maraschino cherries. He loves them.
I heard those Frappachinos are pretty good, but haven't tried one yet. I also heard McD's is serving oatmeal now! Something healthy on the menu for a change. :)

Reactions: annymoll

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
if you know he likes a certain fast food place or coffee place and regularly goes there i dont think it matters if its for McD's or not its more that he will appreciate it and use it that matters .

Ever go to a McDs on a weekday lunch rush - very few kids there - mostly adults on lunch breaks .

i good gift is something that focuses on the person recieving it - not on how it may look for you to give it .
Thank you very much and well said.

:greebo:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.