Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Store bought range in price from 33 cents an oz to 66 cents an oz. depending on where, when, and what size you bought.

I made some 100 grand bars and my homemade ones came out to 16 cents an oz.

you flatten a package of caramels set aside

Melt a bag of milk chocolate chips in the microwave stir in 3/4 cup rice crispy

Dip caramels in the chocolate mixture and place on wax paper to cool and harden completely.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yum,yes thank you. i just cant stand cheap vanilla caramels. Forgot to ask chip and caramel cost this was based on.
Kraft caramel cubes, Aldi's milk chocolate chips, and Aldi's rice crispy cereal are what I based my cost on.

I am just happy I can make these as 100Grand bars are getting hard to find here. I couldn't find them in their own halloween bag this year only in the big bags with other candies. They are rare and expensive at the check out, if I can find them

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brenda-lets not get crazy now.lol
The fact that I can smash caramels and mix chips w/ rice crispies is appealing.
And it is easy enough to for the children to help make. I had plenty of helpers when they found out I was making candy.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
My kids are in their 20's and do not do helpful things if poss.lol
Kraft caramels,rice krispies,and choc. chips. Making later. $6. better make a lot!

Imagine i usually get that 6pk/$1.25 on sale at Kroger $1. this week so .18.5 ea.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My kids are in their 20's and do not do helpful things if poss.lol
Kraft caramels,rice krispies,and choc. chips. Making later. $6. better make a lot!

Imagine i usually get that 6pk/$1.25 on sale at Kroger $1. this week so .18.5 ea.
My ingredients didn't total $6 and 100Grand bars are very hard to find here. So I'm happy to make them

If it doesn't work for you then buy them next time. Your candy, your time, your money = your choice.

I made 30 near 1 oz candies

Reactions: frugalwarrior2
1 - 12 of 12 Posts