Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I was fascinated by a group that a friend had joined. It started in Australia and the idea is to choose something to create and make one a day for one hundred days. She created clothespin dolls from the characters in Downton Abbey - wonderful.

I joined this year and am making 100 quilt squares. To help me focus I thought I would post daily here each creation! Hope you enjoy looking as much as I do creating!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I just love your idea, and not the least bit surprised (if the tiniest bit jealous :)), about your creativity! So glad you're sharing it with us, and looking forward to the finished product! Oh and btw, I have to say you're off to a very nice start. Love the pattern already!

Hugs for creative ambition! :) :) :)

Theresa

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Day 2

Mahalo friends! Here is my square for day 2 (which is really tomorrow for us on this side of the dateline!)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
LOVE those colors, mm! Meant to ask you ....just how big the quilt will be? Sounds like alot of squares, but that could just be my inexperience speaking!

Thanks for posting!

Theresa :)

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These squares are not going into one quilt. A few years ago there was a challenge here to make so many squares a month. I joined and worked on it haphazardly and used each square as the base for individual projects - a lot for baby quilts. I think they are still pictures under my photos. These will be used the same way as I am totally out of those squares and found them to be so handy!

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Pretty! And what a great way to de-stash scrap fabrics!

I can see where having a stash of made-up quilt blocks would be handy.

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup, yup- itoo love this idea! Found another patchwork Bookland have chosen some more patterns to use! Now I need to I stash my fabric scraps which are under all the boxes that DH stored in my craft room.. So this project will also be a catalyst for. More cleaning!

Reactions: Contrary Housewife

·
Registered
9,287 Posts
There's some great block patterns here: Glorious Autumn Quilter’s Block Party / Quilting Gallery I did those last fall, have about 20 of them for a quilt.

Beginner blocks if you need to make a bunch of easy ones in a hurry: Beginner’s Quilt-Along / Quilting Gallery

This is the christmas quilt I did a few years ago. Of course, not all of them are "christmas" and would look good in any fabric. Featured Designers – Celebrate Christmas Quilt-Along Campaign / Quilting Gallery

I wanted to do this one, but was too busy with other stuff: “Between Heaven and Texas” Blog Hop / Quilting Gallery

In short, it's a great site with lots of ideas and links to instructions. Quilter’s Fun, Swaps, Quilt Contests, & Quilter’s Resources / Quilting Gallery

Reactions: mauimagic

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mahalo for those sources!

I am so glad that I have started taking pictures of things I make - a late start (50 years) is better than nothing ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts