Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to clearify, this date represents the 16th of December 2016. As traditional we have a yearly goal program for all kinds of savings or debt reduction goals. You are allowed to enter any kind of goals obviously, this is just more common. Anyone wants to join?

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
well this year we have leftover things I didnt have the funds for
-need a furnace
-need a new vehicle for me
-need to fix the ceiling in the front hall
-keep funding the EF
-need a new HW heater
-want to fix the MIL apt ceiling
many other but I intend to do everything debt free so I am using this thread a bit diff. again. No debt for 3 yrs and counting!!!!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, Im not debt free, but as I only have a mortgage with a very low interest, I am not putting that as my first goal. My goals for next year are getting the electricity done (about 5k), getting the bathroom done (unknown) and getting to the point I can throw a house warming party. After that (I have the funds for the main works, just need to find/recontact someone to do it), save up a decent escape funds to get out of my current job.

·
Registered
9,915 Posts
Russ I don't think this is stickied. Would you please sticky it :) ?

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I am going to join in this year.....need to get my goals planned. Silly question but 12/16/16? Does that mean this challenge starts on the 16th of this month through 12/16/16?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It starts when you want it to start :). So if you want to start the 16th of December that is fine, if you want to start it earlier that is also fine. I just stated it is a yearly challenge, because it is an approximately yearly event to start a new challenge :).

Reactions: NikoSan999 and TDN

·
Registered
3 Posts
For the past year I have been determined in paying off credit cards (10, but whose counting). I am ready to continue paying off the balances and being debt free by March of next year. I also have a hard time with the grocery and fast food budget since my husband and I live in two different cities due to his job. I'm hoping by posting here I'll stay motivated and focused.

December Challenges

Grocery Bill ~ Goal: $750

Fast Food ~ Goal: 4 times

Credit Card Debt: Paid $19,514.64 Balance $5,485.36

Medical Balance: $700

Car ~ Goal: $5,000

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Time-welcome. That can be diff. when you are seperate. DH worked in Bermuda for awhile. (3 weeks on,weekend home,back again)
Excellent job on the CC reduction. The groc. does seem high but that very workable. Isued to do bulk cooking and freezing as part of my solution to that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have two college students that live at home and have different hours and long study sessions away from home. I just started working full-time after 15 years (homeschool mom) so it’s become very difficult to cook every day. I know my budget is high and we always manage to go over dramatically so hopefully with the accountability and a different mindset I can make some changes. Thanks for the encouragement!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I need to join this. Just had to fix our front loading washing machine. Then took my car in for tire rotation and oil change. I needed all new tires and an alignment. When I went to start our expedition this morning it ran but then shut off and wouldn't start back up. Not sure what is wrong with it yet. Completely cleaned out my bef and probably then some. Going to re figure everything and start over in 2016. Starting with taking out my grocery money in cash again. I think that is a huge savings and a way to keep myself accountable.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Time-the idea of bulk cooking is just that. My SIL has 2 teenage boys,works full time. She massive shops 1 time a month and the next day cooks all day for the month a preplaned 30 day supply of meals for 4 people. That day is a mad house of chili and burritos and precooked hamb. etc. My Dbro has instructions for every day of meals. So when she comes home every day they want a meal,they have one. Now that she is working she goes out to eat but not when my Dbro was because he was a newspaper reporter and low income. She has a cube freezer,crock pot and breadmaker that are her big tools. They spent $400. a month. We live in Mi. so its cheaper. I spend $600. on 3 w/ stockpiling. I could cut back easily if i wanted too.
Everyone has to weigh all things and go w/ that. If it isnt working tweek it more. Its a process that morphs as time goes by.

1 - 20 of 200 Posts