Frugal Village Forums banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
THANK YOU for keeping this going, I've been distracted with house-stuff and sniffles...

DAY NINE

NINE ______ in the box

Reactions: y-anne

·
19,119 Posts
This is such a good idea - I should do this every month - but I shall be content to be successful with this month!!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
$5.00 in the box today. :)

·
19,119 Posts
It's all adding up and only two more days to go!!

·
Registered
615 Posts
I would like to join you guys. This sounds like fun!

·
19,119 Posts
It is fun militlady and it works!!
I would like to do this at the beginning of every month myself!!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
$5.50 in the box yesterday.

·
19,119 Posts
11 dollars in for yesterday and today is the last day!!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
$6.00 in the box today. That was the hard one that hurt! :D All done!

·
19,119 Posts
I am putting my 12 in the envelope as soon as I get home from the bank - what a great idea!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been trying to come up with ideas on how to save money, and I stumbled upon your idea, it was so refreshing and so do-able, I've started last month, and I'm now on my second month. What I did was on the last day, I listed all the things I have to pay for the month, then stash 2thousand (my currency is in pesos) for savings. I'm going to keep doing this every month. Thanks for the idea, this was the only thing that worked for me and it was fun. Thanks!

·
19,119 Posts
Y-Anne - Congrats!! I'm doing the same thing - on my second month also and plan to keep it up monthly!! It really is painless (so far!!)

Please keep us posted as to how you are doing - you'll be my incentive!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
What a fun way to save up a little $$$ ... I need to do this after I make a stop at the bank! ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Y-Anne - Congrats!! I'm doing the same thing - on my second month also and plan to keep it up monthly!! It really is painless (so far!!)

Please keep us posted as to how you are doing - you'll be my incentive!!
Thanks Mauimagic, you're doin' great too! I'm on the 10th day (2nd month), I put 1000 on the envelope, I now have 5,500 pesos, 2 more days to go.

I also plan to keep this every month and do it every first week. I also plan to challenge myself to do this twice a month, first and last week by next year. But right now I'm happy and satisfied with the results. I really hope I can keep this going for a long time :)

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
That's impressive y-Anne! Way to go! :clap:

·
19,119 Posts
Y-Anne - someday I hope to be able to do it twice monthly also, but for now I'll be really happy if I can do it for the first 12 days of each month.

Don't forget to keep posting - counting on you to keep me honest now!! ;)

Reactions: y-anne

·
Registered
7 Posts
Y-Anne - someday I hope to be able to do it twice monthly also, but for now I'll be really happy if I can do it for the first 12 days of each month.

Don't forget to keep posting - counting on you to keep me honest now!! ;)
That is the plan, I hope I could do it. But for now I'm happy with the 12 days a month. It's working for me and I'm glad. I've already put aside 1,100 pesos for the 11th day, I now have 6,600 pesos. Tomorrow is the last day.

·
19,119 Posts
.....and then you could be free (like me) if you only do it once monthly - however, I truly admire you for doing it twice monthly!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yesterday was my 12th day, so now I went to the bank and paid some bills, again the 2,000 pesos went to my savings account. This month I will try to do it twice, so this week is kinda my placebo week. Then I'll start again 19th of December...I just hope it's easy on the pocket :) This would just be experimental. But I would definitely continue with the 12 days every month of the first week.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is my first attempt on doing this 12 days challenge twice a month, first day: 100 pesos on the box :)

Hope I could keep up!

61 - 80 of 80 Posts