Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since the last two times were just curtain changes or polka dots added to the wall we did it big and repainted and did new curtains- some new furniture ( 2 chairs my 17 yo calls the talk show chairs LOL ) a small table that was at the christmas tree shop that was 13$ but hd a lobster painted on top - bought it used the wall paint to paint the top to match because a plain white table was 40+ $$ - added a fresh coat of white to dresser and desk.

we looked at all kinds of places online and in person for the bedset and where do we find one she loves- walmart lol

told her this was it - her room until she grads hs and college lol so make sure she likes it . it all came together well.
in the end we spent about 250 $ - not my cheapest room redo - but it was a big one - but i had been saving the money to redo it nice when oldest dd moved out and i knew wouldnt be in there anymore .

this is a link to pix on facebook its a public link so anyone should be able to see it .
Megans Room Redo-6/11 | Facebook

·
Registered
708 Posts
oh i love it...

nice job....my dd who is 10 wants a room redo to.....waiting for our ship to come in first because if our ship doesnt come in we will be looking for a new place...i love the cloth around the top looking like a boarder.....

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Very cute! Great job and ,personally, I like the the "talk show" chairs.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the curtains at the top are to hide the fact the previous owners didnt do to great a job matching the height of th panaling ( real wood type not the shiny stuff) to the ceiling and use some sort of paper at the ceiling and its cracking and peeling . unless i redid all the walls tearing them down and doing new walls no way to fix it - so next best thing - hide it in a fancy way with sheers LOL

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
What a dream room! I love it!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Yep, we did a bedroom redo for the 15 year old at the time. She chose a pretty blue with chocolate brown circles on one wall. We spent the money on a bed (full on bottom and twin on top) that both her and her sister could use, and two colors of paint. I think with the bed and all it came to about 250.00. We also changed the light fixture. Her paint base is "Buzz Light Year Blue". She picked it out. And still loves it.

·
27,948 Posts
Great job and I love the aptly named "talk show" chairs too. :D

Reactions: Momto5RN

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Awww how serene!!

I want to redo the basement bedroom but the painting will be such a huge job.

It was deeeep darrrrk maroon when I had the room, all 4 walls and ceiling. I moved out of it, younger teen moved in and loved it. We got her some posters that had red as accent color, some chinese decor items that pulled in the maroon, etc.

But now, its just SO DARK that I want to liven it up but I'll have to wait until she is gone because she likes it. I dread painting it, with that dark of maroon I am looking at primer for sure and ceilings are so back-breaking to paint, let alone to have to do 3+coats worth! (primer once or twice plus the paint color I choose)

I loved doing the girls rooms, especially when I could pull it off frugally as you have done. That really isn't that much when you think of how easy it will be to change it up a little bit in the future. (wicker chairs perhaps for a garden look when she moves out, etc)

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Great job, I hope she likes it for a long time.
I'm going my girls room in "Candy store" just ordered some fabric with candy prints. Have to get my sewing machine repaired before I can start. Thanks for showing us

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i attached the sheers with 1" wide white ribbon cut into about 3-4" strips - looped around the sheer and tacked into top of wall and draped sheers in a way its not too noticable

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Great job!!!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Very cute. Love the sheer at the top. What a good idea to hide inperfections and make the room look fancy and girly. I bet she loves it! I know I do. :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts