Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We paid off 2 more small bills. It was suppose to be 3 but the weed eater died. Our town has a $100 fee per day after notice if the grass is not cut. So I figured it was better to direct some of the money away from BS#2. I also got a call from a collection agency about a 3yo bill. It was for an ER dr. To be honest I didn't think about the dr billing separately. So, when we paid the hospital and we didn't get anymore bills I thought it was done. I'll have to add that into the debt snowball.

Also good news, DH has quit smoking. He still dips but that is much cheaper and better on everyone's health.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
just keep plugging along, it happens to us all.

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
I know things frequently work just as you described. I'm sorry it had to happen but one good thing is it is still forward momentum ! Keep plugging away!!!!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Three years and no bills from the ER md? Let them take you to small claims and prove they were diligent in trying to collect.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I am a bit suspicious of the dr. bill as well. Did they send you proof in writing so you can verify services rendered? Don't send money unless you are positive you owe it, there are lots of scammer type collection people out there.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do remember the ER visit and I remember paying the hospital but I don't remember paying the Dr. I don't plan to pay without at least a bill in hand. I do plan to try and talk them down at least 50% because if it had been submitted to my ins I would have only paid 20%.

I need to get a credit report and see if there are any other sleepers out there.

·
Registered
904 Posts
You may be still able to submit it to the insurance policy you had. Would be worth a call to see.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
I'd look at your paperwork for the hospital bill to double check it wasn't already included and someone made a clerical error.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
It is worth checking out that Doctor bill.. afterall what do you have to lose except a bit of time.

And congrats on the bill payments. Doesn't matter how small the steps as long as they are in the right direction they will get you where you want to be.

·
Registered
719 Posts
My first thought when reading the title of the thread was, 'Hey, that's a half step forward!' Way to go :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
My first thought when reading the title of the thread was, 'Hey, that's a half step forward!' Way to go :)
haha, exactly the same here. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts