Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1071 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be fun to see how to total how much debt is gone by Dec. 31, 2009

Please post the amount each time to this thread that you've paid on your debt. At the end of each month, I'll total the amount so that by the time Dec. 31st rolls around, we can see how much is gone for good. Then we can have a party.

Okay, who is first....

·
Registered
304 Posts
I will be making a monthly post if that is ok...that is how I track it at home. I make my regular payments and then do the extra payoff once a month. It should be interesting to see how much debt we can pay off as a group.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will be making a monthly post if that is ok...that is how I track it at home. I make my regular payments and then do the extra payoff once a month. It should be interesting to see how much debt we can pay off as a group.

You can do it anyway you want to. I just thought it would be exciting to see how that debt total goes down and how much gets paid off this year. I love these kinds of stats.

I firmly believe it's going to be a HUGE amount.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I paid $870.35 to pay off 1 credit card and a $562.86 car payment, of which $464.00 (about) goes to principal. This were paid yesterday. I thik this is a great idea Homesteadmama and I look forward to seeing the total.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great, it's going to be neat to see the total climbing. Can we hit a total of $5,000.00 in debt gone by the end of January.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My January money toward debt:$641.00+$12.50 from Your debt challage. I update my sig when my statement is opened.
Lets do It

Reactions: homesteadmamma

·
Registered
134 Posts
Are we keeping track of money sent or money towards principle only?

·
Registered
134 Posts
maybe I should include my house payment also? $723.76
but this payment include escrow. I'll break it down later if it is includable( is that a word?).

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Are you wanting to include mortgages? Or just non mortgage?

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
This month so far:
2543 w/o mortgage (huge snowball in that)
3132with mortgage.

1 - 20 of 1071 Posts