Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 6379 Posts

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on losing about 25 pounds, but taken in one big chunk, that just seems like too big and generic a number to grab onto. So my 2009 goal will be to lose one pound each week, until I get to my desired weight.

I am avoiding the scales, due to Christmas over-indulgery (yes, I know that is not really a word :) ), but on January 1, which is a Thursday, I will face the scale once again (just wish it didn't have that irritating body fat reader on it - THAT's depressing!) and get my baseline. Then, every Saturday, starting January 10th, I'm going to try to be at least one pound lighter. If I can do this, I will be where I want to be by approximately the middle of the year. :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Great minds think alike....lol. I think this is the third challenge of yours that I have joined for next year, but this goes along perfectly with what my dr. wants me to do.
Can't wait to get started...

Reactions: madhen

·
Registered
900 Posts
This is a great idea! And a wonderfully healthy and manageable weightloss plan. I'd like to join you too. I think my scale is still floating around in my trunk with the last few things I never bothered to haul in after the move. I'll have to find it!

My elliptical is out in the un-heated sunroom so I'll move that inside somewhere in preparation. I've been eying up the adjustable dumbbells for a while too...I used to work as a construction mechanic and I miss having little girly muscles. I'd like to start calorie counting again and work even harder on adding more raw foods to my diet.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
I still need to lose another 65 pounds or so - more like 70 once we get past the Holidays, so starting 1/3, I'll be back on the regular diet, with the goal of 1 to 2 pounds per week.

So sign me up for this one. :D

·
Registered
900 Posts
I've been eying up the adjustable dumbbells for a while too...I used to work as a construction mechanic and I miss having little girly muscles.
I made progress already! Frugal progress at that. I remembered my parents used to have some. My dad doesn't want to part with the bar or one set of weights, but he said he had like 15 spare weights I could take this weekend, so I just need to buy the handles for them :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Id like to join also. I need the motivation and I'm unsure of what things really work and what things do not work! I'm excited to be a part of this

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very cool! You can also use them as free weights - no handles required. :) You've inspired me to go dust off *my* free weights. I have them ranging from 1 lb to 20 lb. (Used to have up to 40, but never used the larger ones, so I gave those away.) I was THIS close to free-cycling the weights I had left, but now all those free-cyclers are just going to have to find their weights somewhere else!! :D

·
Registered
900 Posts
Very cool! You can also use them as free weights - no handles required. :) You've inspired me to go dust off *my* free weights. I have them ranging from 1 lb to 20 lb. (Used to have up to 40, but never used the larger ones, so I gave those away.) I was THIS close to free-cycling the weights I had left, but now all those free-cyclers are just going to have to find their weights somewhere else!! :D
Cool! We can be muscular together....lol. Good tip about using them alone. Sadly all my freebies are 3 pounders so not really enough to do alone, and I've got the carpel tunnel so I need a good grip :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
I so need to do this for myself. Hmmm. But I have committed to losing weight so many times . . . let me get back to you on this one. I only want to commit this if I am going to follow through.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I'd like to join in too! A big goal of mine to lose weight and I agree that one pound a week is a lot easier to think about than the 35 I would like to lose.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I can do it! I need to lose about 20 pounds.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Ok...I need to do this. I have about 25 pounds I would love to part with. I am at my all time heaviest and need some accountability. Are we going to do weekly weigh-in's with the pounds lost (and not what we actually weigh)? This challenge should tie in with my cooking more meals at home and not eating out as much. A pound a week sounds reasonable and I may lose more than that at first and then taper off. So...if I lose a pound a week, I should reach my goal weight by the end of June and then the rest of the year I can work on maintenance.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm doing a weekly weigh-in on Saturday. You can either record lbs you want to lose or overall weight, whatever works best for you. I will do pounds to lose, as that is a smaller number and more psychologically satisfying to see it go down. Depending on how bad my holiday indulgence was, I *may* post my actual weight on the first day. Last time I checked, I was 154.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I'm in. I've gained a lot of weight with this pregnancy, so I'll definitely be working hard to lose it in the new year.

·
Registered
258 Posts
May I please join?

I have more than 25, but 1 year should do it. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Of course, you are welcome. And however many pounds you have to lose, if we all do this together and support each other, you'll have at least 52 less by this time next year!!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I am in!

My goal will be 50 pounds for the year and I will weigh in on Friday mornings!

1 - 20 of 6379 Posts