Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I sent the last payment on our home!!!!! We have worked so hard gave up so many things and today was the day.It felt so good I cried.It should have been in December but we had to hold out due too our oldest daughter's home caught on fire so the money went to help her.I just had to post this success story.The frugal village has so much to do with this all the post and stories of the hard time and the success stories it kept us going.So thank you to all of you.I dont post alot but I do read as many post as I can all of you are such a blessing Thank you from my home to your"s.I hope this year brings you great success.

Reactions: Nana2two

·
Registered
304 Posts
Oh wow...what a way to start the new year!:congrats:

Reactions: jade73

·
Registered
348 Posts
Wow, you must feel wonderful! Great job.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Congratulations!
What a great job!

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
THAT IS FANTASTIC! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

What a wonderful accomplishment!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Oh Jade i got chills reading that.Congrats.:hugz:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Congratulations! That is a GREAT,no, AWESOME way to start 2009!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
What a great way to start 2009!! I bet it feels great to know you are debt free. Way to go!!!:high5:

Sorry to hear about your DD's home. Hope everyone was ok.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Congratulations! Very inspirational. :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks to all of you.It sure does feel GREAT.When we started to pay down debt and be more frugal We were a student to TWG when she would go onto Phil Donhue or any tv show back in the day we always watched and read anything about her and her family.I read and still do all of her books.But it just felt we were not getting no where (but we were little by little).And then about a little over a year ago I found the Frugal village and it just changed my life.Everyone of you inspire me everyday.So thanks to each and everyone of you.This place is the best.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
now, put aside monthly all the escrow property taxes and such in a savings account. they come due every december.

i put aside 450 a month for the escrow, 350 a year for the homeowners association, 250 a year for the flood insurance, 250 a year for the termite stuff, and 250 a month for upkeep and maintenance.

so you will still have a payment, only to your savings account.

It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it?

·
Registered
528 Posts
I just love hearing about happy tears. Congratulations and may 2009 be an even better year. :congrats:

Monner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts