Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Mamaw,

Being angry about past mistakes is a helpful motivator to keep us on track going forward. Don't let the self-deprecating comments get to you too much. I think we all know that if we're in this challenge, we're doing the right thing - NOW. :D

·
Registered
185 Posts
Okay everyone, I am going to post this and hopefully I will get this right. Greebo, feel free to let me know if I don't!

We are trying to tackle our smallest credit card balance, HH Gregg. The original balance a couple years ago was about $1000. Anyway I will give you the current info on my statement:

Balance: $533.37
Interest rate: 15%
Minimum payment:$19.00
Finance charge: $10.85

Right now we have $1200 in our savings. I am waiting to get it up to $1500 so we can go ahead and pay this thing off without going under $1000 in the EF. I should be able to get up to $1500 by the end of the month. I know I should just pay more but it makes me feel better just to send if off in one payment and be done with it. I will keep you all posted!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Thanks Greebo

·
Registered
109 Posts
I would like to join in. I am going to post on the other thread. Please let me know if I do it wrong. :/

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I would like to join in. I am going to post on the other thread. Please let me know if I do it wrong. :/
You did just fine. I'll be updating totals tomorrow morning.

Reactions: Autumn1102

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
The interest part should be enough already to make everyone sufficiently sick and pukey.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Greebo ~ Thanks for the quick totals. I am overwhelmed by the money the banks are making!!!

Mamaw ~ sorry, I hope I didn't upset you with the vomit comment. I definitely was sickened by what I was paying and what the banks were earning.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Would love to join in with everyone. I posted my totals on the other thread...hopefully I did it right. We were doing really well paying of debt last year and then hit some major obstacles but we are back on track and I can't wait to see this debt disappear! :)

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
No harm in posting your current totals, but of course it's the actual payments to principal that are being tracked.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
FDAC Fl Dept of Agri $375
Southern Grove Hydro $871

TOTAL $1246

These are business and billed to us to be paid with deadline. Not sure how you are doing these. No interest/penalty as paid before deadline.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
FDAC Fl Dept of Agri $375
Southern Grove Hydro $871

TOTAL $1246

These are business and billed to us to be paid with deadline. Not sure how you are doing these. No interest/penalty as paid before deadline.
Niko

What are they for?

The Hydro sounds like an electric bill - which would imply a utility, not a debt - unless it's something past due.

What's the Dept of Agriculture bill?

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Niko

What are they for?

The Hydro sounds like an electric bill - which would imply a utility, not a debt - unless it's something past due.

What's the Dept of Agriculture bill?
Neither are utility. The Southern Grove Hydro something, Hydraulics, is a repair bill, billed to us. and Dept Agri is a billed bill for some new permit they have come up with. Penalty if not paid by such and such. yuck

Really wasn't sure on these. Both billed by mail. Not paid on spot...Let me know so I, myself will know next time.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Neither are utility. The Hydro something is a repair bill, billed to us. and Dept Agri is a billed bill for some new permit they have come up with. Penalty if not paid by such and such. yuck

Really wasn't sure on these. Both billed by mail. Not paid on spot...Let me know so I, myself will know next time.
I'm gonna have to go with no on these. Neither is a loan, both are basically payable on demand which makes them bills, not statements of debt.

Sorry. :(

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Ok, so will know next time. That works...if in doubt...ask!

·
4,028 Posts
So the bright side of that is $1246 debt you DIDN'T have! ;)

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
One of those glass half empty..half full.

Still had to be paid BUT no interest. Bad thing is neither bill was expected on a REALLY bad month anyway. One a repair bill..unexpected and the other a brand new permit charge that no one knew about until the bill came that has a penalty fee if not paid within like 3 weeks. But they are paid.

Oh well, the business comes first. Has to. Unfortunately that was house payment money that was due the 1st. ( glass totally empty ) Leaves us short on house payment. Next paycheck tomorrow is $662 clear so it would take this weeks and next weeks to make the house and would leave us about $80 for food and gas for about 2 weeks for him to go to work. Thats if it is paid in person over the counter at Bank of Hell on the 15th. Late is the 16th on a Saturday. Not counting anything else. Phones should start shortly.

Oh well, knew it was coming...glass still empty on this end.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Mrs. McD: I noticed you posted your debt payment today. You said let's not talk about your student loans, but I have a question. With you military past and your DH current military service, does the military not help you repay student loans? I thought that was one of the perks of joining. Thanks!

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Mrs. McD: I noticed you posted your debt payment today. You said let's not talk about your student loans, but I have a question. With you military past and your DH current military service, does the military not help you repay student loans? I thought that was one of the perks of joining. Thanks!
We are (were) Guard. Once we get out, we no longer qualify for tuition assistance. So, if Zac were to go to school (which I keep encouraging him to do) they will pay for 100% of his tuition. I have an honorable discharge but no longer qualify for the tuition assistance.

We both qualify for and have used the G.I. Bill. I recieved my G.I. bill the entire time I went to college and used it for numerous things other than my education---like aggresively paying down our debts.

Zac will have received it for the the entire time he was in the police academy and in his FTO program with the Police Department--it qualifies as on the job training. THe VA is currently processing that and when we get it, we shall get about 5K, all non-taxable.

Had I stayed in the Guard after the birth of my son and continued my education, it would have been 100% paid for--but I was unwilling to deploy and didn't feel right staying in just for the education $$ when I wasn't willing to do the work needed, kwim?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Don't blame you, was just wondering. Thanks for explaining :)

21 - 40 of 148 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.