61 - 80 of 510 Posts

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Another $40.00 added today :cheer4:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have just transferred $500.00 to my other account to pay off a cc this coming monday (transfer takes 2 business days). My EF is $3500.00-$500.00 = $3000.00

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Added $20 today. Good thing because I will have to pull a good amount out to replace my cook top either this month or next month.
That sounds unpleasant - what's wrong with it?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Added another $50! I am now at $993.99

·
19,119 Posts
Added $65 on 1/6!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I add $9.02 to mine this week so I have $92.73 so far

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Way to go ! I heard through the grapevine that i may be getting a small promotion as shift supervisor in my department at work. I will try to save how ever much the difference in pay is for my rainy day fund
Way to go there PlainCash4!!! Put it in before getting used to having it is a good thing. And it seems like it "rains" more and more these days. Rainy Day Fund is also a good thing. Hope you get the promotion. Good luck long distance!!!

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
To date, Frugal Villagers have added:
$1914.52
To their Emergency Funds in 2010!

Yes, this is a reduction from the last update. Someone used the EF to pay off debt. This is not a bad thing - because that $500 should be transferring over to the Debt Reduction total. :D

·
Registered
394 Posts
Wow it's nice to see our total go up like that. I wish I could add more right now but our car is curently in the garage because the ball joint decided to brake today. I just hope I don't have to take money out of my emergency fund.

Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Holy **** I just got the estimate for the car repairs and I almost fell on my ass. They have to change the 4 ball joint and 2 other things that I can't remember at the moment. So the total is going to be 1800$. So I have to take all of my emergency money out. On top of that we are converting from propane to natural gaz which is costing 1000.00 and my daughter's birthday in just 2 weeks. Good thing that we have plenty of food in the freezer and the pantry because otherwise we would have to buy some on credit. :ack:

So that's -80.00 for me sorry guys!

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Holy **** I just got the estimate for the car repairs and I almost fell on my ass. They have to change the 4 ball joint and 2 other things that I can't remember at the moment. So the total is going to be 1800$. So I have to take all of my emergency money out. On top of that we are converting from propane to natural gaz which is costing 1000.00 and my daughter's birthday in just 2 weeks. Good thing that we have plenty of food in the freezer and the pantry because otherwise we would have to buy some on credit. :ack:

So that's -80.00 for me sorry guys!
-80? So the other $1720 was not from the EF?

·
Registered
394 Posts
-80? So the other $1720 was not from the EF?
509.00 was from the EF but only 80.00 was from what I added so far in the year 2010.

The rest of the money was from our chequing account.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
509.00 was from the EF but only 80.00 was from what I added so far in the year 2010.

The rest of the money was from our chequing account.
Hmm. Tough one - TECHNICALLY however, you are reducing the EF by 509 in 2010...I'm going to have to count it as a -509.

But - that's not a bad thing - THIS IS A WIN - you're able to CASH FLOW the car repairs! AWESOME!!!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hmm. Tough one - TECHNICALLY however, you are reducing the EF by 509 in 2010...I'm going to have to count it as a -509.

But - that's not a bad thing - THIS IS A WIN - you're able to CASH FLOW the car repairs! AWESOME!!!!
Yep that makes sense! I'll just have to be extra frugal to catch up.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The company I work for just announced that at the end of this year we will be losing one of our big customers. They then went on to say "they are taking a hard look at all areas of the business in response". To me this means I need to take a hard look at my budget and figure out where the budget can be cut so I can increase my emergency fund.

Looking at the numbers.

61 - 80 of 510 Posts