Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Owe, break even or getting a return?
We owe the Feds $400. No interest free loan for the :pdoff: from us. Not going to be easy parting with that money in April...

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
We got back 3762. We already got it last Wednesday.

We claim the maximum amount of deductions throughout the year so that they take very little out of the man's pay check, but he gets a bonus that is always withheld at 25% so we still get a lot back.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Being married to a CPA, our goal every year is to come as close to breaking even as possible. This is year is no different. Uncle Sammy doesn't get that interest free loan from us either. No way, no how, no sir.

·
Registered
120 Posts
almost 5,000 getting it tomorrow or Thursday (witch is payday woohoo)

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I find out Friday.:nerv2:

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
We got back 3762. We already got it last Wednesday.

We claim the maximum amount of deductions throughout the year so that they take very little out of the man's pay check, but he gets a bonus that is always withheld at 25% so we still get a lot back.
There isn't an actual maximum - although claiming more than 9 will raise eyebrows at the IRS.

Reactions: mauimagic

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
A refund of about $500-$600 federal and the same state for us.

First year in several that there's been no refund - not that withholding has been any less - the real estate is just showing a profit which means our taxes have gone up. :mad:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
There isn't an actual maximum - although claiming more than 9 will raise eyebrows at the IRS.
I guess not but DFAS doesn't allow us to claim any more than 10... so that's the maximum... for us. :laugh:

I forget who I'm talking to sometimes. I guess not everyone's military.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
A small refund from Federal. Refund from Kansas and owe Missouri. When I get the refund from Kansas I just turn around and write the check back to MO. :skept:

I was told when we got our taxes done that the gov't is holding everything until the 14th because of all the tax changes or something like that. *sigh.*

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Reactions: JanieD

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Oh okay, thanks. Yeah they let us "file" it but they said it won't be done until the 14th if that makes sense.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
i will wait till after the 14th to file so i can be sure nothing is changed after i think its done - i am usually done by now too and one of our w2s isnt here yet boo

i have no idea if we will owe or not this year
made most money i have in a few years although i am at 0 deductions dh is at 3
we can still deduct the 5 kids - oldest son has been at home but out of college and working since may so one less deduction,

G

·
Still working on it (I do them myself). Federal will be about $1500 back. I aim to break even, but we had lots of funky stuff happen last year. Not sure about State yet.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Refund again this year. Around $3800. It will all go into retirement investments.
I'll be changing my tax withholding (again) in March so that I don't get such a big refund next year. I'm glad I don't have to pay, but I hate giving the government that interest free loan :angry:

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
DH and I filed seperately to not owe on our state taxes. We are getting a total of $2366.00 back. We will be putting $1100 on DH Capital One card and $1250 on my Capital One card. The few leftover $$ will just stay in checking. :hurray:

Cat

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
A refund of about $500-$600 federal and the same state for us.

First year in several that there's been no refund - not that withholding has been any less - the real estate is just showing a profit which means our taxes have gone up. :mad:
Got another 1099-INT yesterday - forgot about mortgage interest from January before we refinanced. Refund just shot up to $800~.

Way closer to $0 though than last year. :D

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.