Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 506 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, who's with me on this? This is another easy challenge. Just save your change and wether you deposit into a bank account, add to it all year and count it at the end of the year, or count it as you add to it, it's all fun. You can do this any way you can... count all change, just pennies. just nickels, get the picture. What will you be saving your change for. I deposit ours about every 4-6 weeks. I think this year I will save it for next Christmas.]

Cat

·
Registered
708 Posts
i'm in...

I am going to use my change jar along with giftcards that i win by using swagbucks and by playing winster....and any rebates that i get back this year and any other little trading that i may do which results in some cash for christmas next year....Do you tally every month.....i also am going to try and save all my $1 bills.

Reactions: Sassyclass

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
I'm in. I'm always in on this one.

We use our change for spending money on vacation. I just emptied it the other day and used the money to pay for DD and I to have breakfast together at the diner on our day off. So, it's empty again, and ready to go for vacation!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am definetly in on this one. We save change all the time. We actually were able to pay for a hotel for our anniversary last year with our change jar.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I am in!

I also have one that counts the change as it goes in.
I know it is off by a couple of pennies, but that isn't bad.
It is a pretty good size pink piggy LOL I love it

I use it for ... make it to payday bridge

I will turn it in on Friday and then start over for 2011 and see
how long I can let it sit.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm in. I don;t know what I'm saving for, but I would like to see how much is in there at the end of the year. i have one that counts as you put the money in as well. Its a smaller one, but I can always empty it into the big MTN Dew bottle bank that we have and mark the bottle each time the other jar is emptied into it.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I am in! I am putting all change, any rebates or unexpected little windfalls into it. I intend to count monthly and deposit to savings for my someday dream trip to Alaska.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
I've decided to kind of cheat and just leave this year's change in the jar. I can't see it (ceramic jar), so I have no idea how much is in there, but I know the jar is less than half full. So I will just keep adding to it, and occasionally, I may even throw a bill in there, and I'll consider it my stocking fund for next Christmas, since I already have a Christmas account at the bank! :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Definitely joining this one.
I've got a little jar shapped like a apple that is totally full of dimes. Am currently hunting for wrappers so I can roll them up and see how much the jar actually holds. I've never gotten it full before.

I like the idea of a dark one you can't see into. I'd like to fill it all year and deposit it next December for Christmas.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm in! We have a fishbowl on DH's dresser that all the change (and the occasion $1 or $5 bill goes into . . . but once a month I go through it and empty it into the four big gallon pickle jars that I have hidden behind the bedroom door. I have found that it's easier to save if it's hidden -- and easier to roll at the end of the year when it's already divided ;)

This year I'll count each addition and keep up with the totals.

1 - 20 of 506 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.