Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting up the thread for 2011. Post the projects you're working on each month and your progress. This year I'll probably stick to piecing a bunch of tops. I also have the parts to finish the Sampler quilt from last year, and am in a position to finish hand quilting a queen size quilt for our bed. Gotta get crackin!

What about you? What have you got planned this year?

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Thanks for getting us going peanut! I have a lapquilt I want to finish first. Then I will figure out what to do next! :)

Reactions: peanut

·
19,119 Posts
First I want to finish the baby quilt - by Jan 4th I hope.

Then I am going to settle in for a long and lovely time with quilting my Hawaiian quilt!!

·
Registered
682 Posts
I'm in.
I'm hoping to get 3 quilts made for next Xmas.
Not sure what else I'll be working on yet.

·
19,119 Posts
FM - who are the quilts for and what styles are you making/

·
Registered
682 Posts
FM - who are the quilts for and what styles are you making/

I'm hoping to make quilts for my father-in-law, mother-in-law, and step father-in-law.

I think I've decided on this pattern for the first quilt: Braid

I have alot of civil war reproduction fabric scraps to use for it.
Not sure yet who will get it.

·
19,119 Posts
That's a great pattern - very effective - may use it for some of my scraps - mahalo!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have 2 quilts to finish. One to finish hand quilting for my dh. The other is on the machine. One more needs to be started for my gs. I love quilting!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I would love to learn to quilt. It just seems so hard and time consuming? The measuring, cutting a straight line and then sewing in straight lines is alot for me to handle! LOL...I may try my hand at something small!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
HP - I started quilting by buying the printed panels. Then I would add the batting and a coorindating backing and then I would had quilt it. I would make them into pillows, wallhangings and lap quilts. Very good way to start. Instant gradification. The lap quilt I want to finish this year is a printed panel. Found it in my stash. It must be 7 years old!!!! :yikes:

·
19,119 Posts
If and when I can get to find anything in my sewing room - I am looking forward to getting reacquainted with all my goodies stored here and there!!

Do not forget pictures friendss!!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I'm in! The first thing I'm going to do is put binding on my very first wallhanging I did oh so many years ago. Then I can hang it on my wall here in my office/sewing room. I also have a bright colored quilt started, just need to finish piecing it together. I am also working on a Yellow Brick Road quilt for me. I have all of the pieces sewn, then cut, just need to assemble the blocks and sew them into rows. Those will be the first things I will be working on. I have many more projects I want to do!

·
19,119 Posts
Oh can't you just feel the quilting energy floating through all these posts!! Lots of quilting is sure to get done this year!!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
I'm in...just not sure which way the wind will blow me when I go downstairs to tackle the many projects that are either.....started to be cut........material picked and grouped together.........just a book open to a page I want to do.....or........whatever.......

I have a purple, white, green, log cabin that I want to get done.....have all the fabric......the border and center square is a lilac flower print.......the actual flower.......not color.

And then........hate to even mention this as I was talking about it last year..........TWO QUILTS.......STILL NOT DONE.........hip 2b square........and attic window..........must get SERIOUS about finishing those.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Cute pattern frugal me!! Can't wait to see pics of yours. :)

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I have many quilts to finish, start, and plan.
Finish grandsons-blue jean pocket quilt.
Make a tshirt quilt for dd's boyfriend (he saw the one I made her for Christmas) and loved it.
Make a Pittsburgh Steeler wallhanging quilt for SIL for his Steeler room.
Make a quilt for new grandbaby's first Christmas. (Still waiting for the birth)
make DH a Sportsman quilt. Will use transfers of several of his trophy buck photos and trophy trout photos (trophys only to him) LOL

1 - 20 of 183 Posts