Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 242 Posts

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Yay! I like this thread and I am going to be active on here all year round.

I am startingout this year by making a Luxe Cowl (see my ravelry queue) with two skeins of Rowan Drift.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I am taking stock and regrouping today:

• trying to find the mistake in my lace scarf
  • working on my portable projects -- socks -- while DH drives
  • ripping back a brown sock to try with smaller needles
  • decided to rip back a hat to add a pattern repeat.
  • ripping the brown sock AGAIN, further back, cause it's not gonna fit.

Tomorrow, I'll have most of my on-the-needles projects ready to go.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
The fabric for Parker's quilt arrived Tuesday, and yesterday I cut everything out. I managed to order an entire extra yard of the grey material, and I dug in my stash and had enough fabric to make enough strips in yellow, orange, and blue, so now instead of making the crib/throw size, I'm making him a twin size blanket.

Last night I sewed one grey strip to each pattern strip, and ironed them all open. Today during nap time I'm going to sew a grey strip to the other side of each pattern strip, then I can iron and cut them into blocks! Yay! Looking forward to arranging and sewing them together. I already have the batting, backing, and binding so no waiting for stuff, I can just finish it!

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Glad you checked in, AP. I've been thinking of you and wondering how you're doing. Do you know when you'll be moving? Hugs.

The blanket sounds pretty, and it's good you can make it twin sized. Parker won't be little forever!

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
My Luxe Cowl and Marian cowl are completed. Pictures are on my Ravelry page: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/nicdowell

I knit and finished a variation of this scarf: Ravelry: Misti Chunky Ribs & Ruffles Scarf pattern by Nancy Kleiber

I didn't like the ruffles at the end so I just cast of 15 stitches, worked the rib pattern and seamed it up. I'll update my Ravelry with that tomorrow.

I am getting ready to cast on the 11th Hour Scarf by Purl Soho.
Before I get ready to do things, I should fully read the pattern and make sure I have the right materials. No 11th Hour Scarf for me. I've found more on Ravelry, will hopefully get plenty of time to knit tonight.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
You're still ahead of me. I haven't had a chance to look at anything involving fibers today because I've been cooking. But that's actually more important if I want to lose some serious weight this year.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Thanks SD :) We're doing okay. I'm not sure when we're moving...money is a huge issue right now.

I finished sewing all the strips together a few minutes ago, ironed them all, and cut up the first row. I think its going to be an awesome quilt, and I'm planning straight row quilting only, two swipes down each grey piece.

Just not feeling it tonight, so I stopped. I've found that I make more mistakes when I'm not into it.

Parker and I are going vegetarian. I know thats not needlework related, but...yeah. I've wanted to for many, many years. Meat disgusts me. I can't think about it while I'm eating it or it will make me sick. Parker is allergic to milk and eggs, and doesn't like meat anyways, so I think it will only be an improvement. If I'm not cooking with those things, I won't accidentally feed him something he'll react to. Plus if I'm planning for a meat free diet, I won't have to worry about him not getting what he needs when he refuses to touch his meat.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I have been plucking away at the knitted sampler blanket. I finished 10 of the 30 squares I need today. :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Thats awesome dc! I think I need to make one too. I know what you ladies are, enablers! I haven't touched a knitting needle in weeks, haven't finished sophie, parkers entrelac blanket, my moms sweater. But of course I need to start a new afghan lol!

Can't wait to see it dc :)

Reactions: Debbie-cat

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
That is gorgeous! Are you using wool of the andes? That is what I am making Zac's Missoni out of and it works up so nicely.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
dc.........like that pattern........that could really be a stash buster!

mcd.........you have really been busy........cute things made.
(though you forced me to look up my sign in info!! has been
awhile since I was on Rav!! :laugh:)

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Unfortunately no McD.....no such nice yarn like that in my stash... :laugh: I am just using Caron So Soft...trying to use up all my stash and then just buy what I need when I start a new pattern and it will all be nice yarn! :D

·
Registered
581 Posts
I'm crocheting a baby blanket, using yarn I have on hand. It's white, turquoise and red - looks very bright and summery. I'll post a picture tomorrow.

·
19,119 Posts
Love seeing what you all are doing!! All of you inspire me!!

1 - 20 of 242 Posts