Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 727 Posts

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cut way back in 2011. It saves lots of money!!

How about you?

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I'm in!!! Did well in 2011 so onto 2012! :)

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
I'm in also for the same 20 eat at home days

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Starting the year out right.....all meals will be at home today. :)

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Going to continue to be moderate about it. Four times a month or less.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am going to give this a shot this year. I want to go for 20 No Eat Out Days for the month of January

·
Registered
948 Posts
We did alright last year. But this year I am planning on a gazelle year. I want things in life and eating out or meeting those goals is my motivator!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I'm in!!! Did well in 2011 so onto 2012! :)
That's me also.
I want to do at least as well as I did in 2011, but hope to do even better!

All meals at home today. :)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Today we had traditional New Year's breakfast at my parents house with family. I don't count that since everything was made from scratch and didn't cost us anything. Lunch and Dinner were prepared here at home.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
I'm in! It does save lots and makes me more apt to eat up leftovers that I have at home.

PURE LAZINESS is a poor excuse for wasting money!

Will try to only eat out when it is a 'social thing'.......

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All meals at home today.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I'm in on this challenge...I'm very guilty of buying my lunch 5 days a week while at work! It's bad, and at anywhere from $5-$8 a day that adds up wayyyyy tooo fast. So I already have my lunch packed and ready for tomorrow, so no excuse to buy. I have a tasty ham dinner leftover meal! Oh and I didn't eat out today. I'm going to shoot for only 2 screw ups a month....so 29 no eat out days for the month of January!

·
Registered
28 Posts
We only ate out about (I didn't keep track but can recall 6) 6 times last year. I am treated to lunch by my boss on occasion so I don't count that since I don't pay for it. All other days i bring my lunch and my drink to work from home. As a family, we went out for pizza a few times, salad shop once, and IHOP once last year after DS guitar performance, to celebrate. So that's my goal for 2012, eat out 6 times or less this year.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Yesterday no eating out

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
All meals at home today.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
All meals will be at home today. :)

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
Ugh, how many years have I failed this challenge? Five? This time there will be no big unrealistic goals, but I have to do something because last year was out of control.

So, to start I'm just going to attempt to get through the week.

1 - 20 of 727 Posts