Frugal Village Forums banner

81 - 100 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
LOL - I'd love to see pictures of the gnomes. I know someone who sells them at a relatively new Renn Faire near me.

I'm almost finished with one of my afgans. Yay! I'm on the last skein (started it last night) and should be finished within the next couple of days. Then it's on to the other one I've started for myself. I should have some time on that one before I have to decide what project to do next - either another wool one to put in my car or a stash buster since I'm starting to accumulate again. (Sigh.)

·
19,119 Posts
Stash busting is always a good idea!

Reactions: Debbie-cat

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
my hands have not been all that sore the last couple days so i've been itching to pick up the hook again!

i want to see pictures of the gnomes too!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Finished a cowl. Very easy pattern.

SANY0058.jpg

Uses a huge crochet hook. I was so happy to find the right size in my stash! :laugh: Here is the link to the pattern. Crochet in Color: Lime Green Cowl

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Cute pattern DC and your's looks shorter than the one in the pic..............like your's better..........GREAT JOB!

She has some cute patterns on her blog..............will have to check them all out.

·
19,119 Posts
Cute cowl - it shall be on my list to make!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Neat cowl. :) Yeah, stash-busting will be a good thing. I'm starting to accumulate shopping bags of yarn again. And it turns out that I bought too much of the yarn for the project I'm almost finished with. I may have enough to do a laprug later on but I'm not entirely sure. The downside is that it's a verigated yarn so it'll be hard to put in a rag-bag afgan.

·
19,119 Posts
Visited our only craft store on Maui and did not but anything! Boy do I feel good - perhaps obnoxiously so!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Finished my Harlequin colored afgan. Now just to wash it and the one I'm replacing it with before I use or send it out into the world. So the next project is my rose garden varigated afgan: a nice soft pink/rose and green. That's already started and is not quite halfway done. After that, I don't know. Sigh. And I think I have enough of the Harlequin to make a lapgan but it's probably not something my Mom's fellow church ladies would want. Most of them either want pastel/light blue or various shades of pink. Or at least that's usually is what's requiested. Hmmm. Maybe a prayer "shawl" donation. I think they give laprugs away to nursing homes and rehabs as well....

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Sigh. Haven't been crocheting as much since I started working again. While I do appreciate working, it makes the project I'm working on feel like it's taking forever complete. Good thing it's for me. Still, once this one's done, I do have two other projects in the pipeline which are only a few rows done. At least they won't be so bad once the temperatures start heading toward summer time. Although it feels like spring doesn't want to really get going...

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Weather turned chilly so I'm glad I still have one mostly finished (and therefore long) to work on so I can keep my legs warm while I'm working. The two new projects I'm working on aren't long enough for that. Although the project I'm going to donate looks really cool. It's Simply Soft's Grey Heather yarn and I'm doing a single/half double stitch pattern. So it looks almost stony in pattern.

I donated a blanket to a group I'm a part of and people really liked it. It was one of my "rag bag" ones where I used up some partial skeins.

·
19,119 Posts
A going to start the finish work on my Christmas gnomes - adding beard and eyes, then truffling and sewing up! These have been so much fun!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
That's the way to get ready for Christmas MM! :clap:

Reactions: mauimagic

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
i finished my spiral blanket. i need to remember to take pictures of it.

i've been working on joining together squares for a blanket i'm making for my mother. i hate joining squares together. i do about 3 a day.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
The local living history farm I go to on a regular basis has wool yarn again. A bit expensive, all things considered, but it's a good cause since it supports the farm. And it's 'home' grown from the farm's sheep, then hand spun from someone associated with the farm. It's too expensive to buy for a blanket but I'm willing to pick some up for scarves. I have one I made for myself and let me tell you - these things are warm. Not sure what I'm going to do with this scarf but I don't mind picking up a few skeins since it does support some of the farm's activities, like the website and events.

·
19,119 Posts
The local living history farm I go to on a regular basis has wool yarn again. A bit expensive, all things considered, but it's a good cause since it supports the farm. And it's 'home' grown from the farm's sheep, then hand spun from someone associated with the farm. It's too expensive to buy for a blanket but I'm willing to pick some up for scarves. I have one I made for myself and let me tell you - these things are warm. Not sure what I'm going to do with this scarf but I don't mind picking up a few skeins since it does support some of the farm's activities, like the website and events.
What fun! Should be waterproof too! Did your hands get softer too?

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Not so much. They really did a good (?) job getting all the lanolin out of it. (Although not all of the really small straw bits. lol) But if I really want to make something with more of the lanolin in it, I need to learn how to spin. The farm sells some of the fleeces from their sheep as fleeces and not just as yarn like I bought. I do have a drop spindle I can use, I just need to learn how to use it. :) Hopefully there will be another yarn event during the summer not far from where the farm is.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
i finished my spiral blanket. i need to remember to take pictures of it.

i've been working on joining together squares for a blanket i'm making for my mother. i hate joining squares together. i do about 3 a day.
the squares are all joined together! i'm working on doing up the border and then weaving in the zillion ends.

81 - 100 of 164 Posts