Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decide-cat used to start and maintain similar threads in years past. Since I could not find one for this year and need the accountability, here we go.

I am committed to drinking 100 oz of water daily. Care to join me with your own commitment?

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
wishing you good luck with your challange i defiently need to drink more water i am lucky to be able drink 20oz a day.I drink about 3 cups coffee and large glass of tea a day only want water close to bed time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would love to take this challenge with you! however i will start off a little slower with only 48 oz a day, as of now other then a cup of coffee i drink 0 water

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have been drinking around three pints of water a day for several years. I really think it keeps my skin looking younger, and I no longer have frequent headaches like I used to. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Count me in. I don't drink nearly enough of any fluid during the day and have been trying to work on getting more water in me this year. I was trying to post on the Lose a pound a week challenge but will post here to keep myself more accountable.

I am trying to drink 48 oz a day.

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As in most things, I find that I am more successful when there is an accountability factor. Need to measure how much water is in the cup I use. Discovered that I drink more water when I have a closed container with a straw. Is there anything that makes it easier for you to drink more water?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I meant 64 oz a day! Made my goal for today and then some.

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Made my goal of 100 oz of water plus 12 oz each of coffee in the morning and tea at night!

Reactions: RABBIT

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whew - forgot to post yesterday - just made my 100 oz!

Today I am just finishing off my last 20 ounces! How did you do today!

·
Registered
285 Posts
WOW – 100 oz (I assume you mean what we in the UK call "Fluid Ounces"?) is a lot! 100 UK fluid ounces = 2.8 litres.
I gather that 100 US fluid ounces = even more! 2.9 litres

I checked on the European Hydration Institute site to discover what our "local" advice is. For a female over 14 years of age, neither pregnant nor breast-feeding, the recommendation from the European Food Standards Agency* is:

2.0 L/day
Water sources: According to the EFSA* the amount of water that is deemed adequate includes water from drinking water, beverages of all kinds, and from food moisture.

It is calculated that of the total water consumed, 20-30% typically comes from food and 70-80% from beverages, but this may vary greatly, depending on the diet and individual choices.

Note that the amount of water that is deemed adequate applies only to conditions of moderate environmental temperature and moderate physical activity levels. These intake values include water from drinks and from foods.

I have been aiming to drink two litres of water, in addition to the water I get from other drinks and from food moisture, for a long time. Your 100 ounces seems such a lot to me. How did you come to this figure? Do you need more water because you live in different climate from that prevalent in Europe, or because of your more-than-moderate physical activity levels?

Reactions: mauimagic

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Sat. - 48 oz

Sun - 24 oz

Mon - 56 oz

Have not been meeting my goal but plan to work on it today.

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Being aware of how much water is an important first step.
Yesterday I made 90 oz.
Today I am we'll on my way to my 100 oz!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Ok very late to the party but I need to drink more water. Firdt goal:32oz or 1l a day. We'll try and up that once I consistently reach my 32oz goal.

·
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Glad you joined us MrsK - and you are so right - setting goals and then slowly increasing them!

Traveling day today - usually the time when my water drinking drops - need to be on this today!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Tuesday - 64 oz.

Wednesday - 64 oz.

I have been trying to drink more water since January and it seems that my body craves more water now. Previously, there were many days I wouldn't even drink a bottle of water in a day.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Didn't do good last weekend but drank 64 oz both yesterday and today.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts