Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1698 Posts

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, you don't have to lose a pound a week to join this challenge. Yes, you can start anytime in the year and don't need permission from the 'regulars' on this thread to join. You're always welcome back into the fold should you participate in the thread then relapse back into 'your old ways'. We're all human and we all need support from one another on this journey.

As Dave Ramsay states in regards to money in his "Total Money Makeover" book on page 4 of the Revised 3rd Edition..."Winning at money is 80% behavior and 20% head knowledge. What to do isn't the problem; doing it is. Most of us know what to do, but we just don't do it. If I can control the guy in the mirror, I can be skinny and rich. We will let other books work on the skinny, and I will help you with the rich part. No, there are no secrets, and yes, this will be very hard. Hey, if it were easy, every moron walking would be wealthy." Read it again but put the whole context into weight loss..."Most of us know what to do, but we don't want to do it.....No, there are no secrets, and yes, this will be very hard....if it were easy, every moron would be at a healthy, doctor-approved weight!"

The purpose of this thread is to motivate and encourage those who want to focus on losing or maintaining weight and live a healthier lifestyle. Let's motivate each other, lean on each other, support each other. Just like we do in regards to money in Frugal Village. There is no secret formula to losing weight other than focusing on our own behavior in regards to food. We know what to do, everyone....let's do it! :cheergrl:

The Lose-A-Pound threads in the past have a place of socializing in Frugal Village, and that's awesome! Let's have fun getting to know each other while talking about our life, joys, trials, blessings and concerns as we walk this journey together. :)

Welcome to this thread! :welcome:

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Yay!!!

Count me in as I count my calories and measure my waist and walk the walk.

My goal is to lose a pound a week. But no biggy if I didn't. The purpose is to focus on improving myself everyday.

If there's a side benny of weight loss then kudos.

Good luck to all who join!!!

Carry on and stand tall.

Cheers!

Reactions: QM

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Well, guess who.... lol

You know I am in.... Thanks QM for getting this ball rolling... 2012 was a rough ride for us all.

GLORY - oh GLORY <<<<< are you still going to tally for us (or are you fed up with us all???)
You better get out your calculator girl - this year you are not going to be able to count the weekly losses on your 10 fingers (you will need your toes too - hehe)

Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right. ~Oprah Winfrey

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I'm in. (again)

So this year it's "Eat like no one else so you can look like no one else?" :)

Since this is the 2013 thread, I quess that gives me a few days to finish off all the holiday goodies. Thanks QM for the DR comparison, money versus weight loss. It gives me a new way to look at it, if I keep looking at losing weight the same way, I'll keep making the same mistakes. Here's to a new year and a new attitude. Cheers!

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
I'm in. (again)

So this year it's "Eat like no one else so you can look like no one else?" :)

Since this is the 2013 thread, I quess that gives me a few days to finish off all the holiday goodies. Thanks QM for the DR comparison, money versus weight loss. It gives me a new way to look at it, if I keep looking at losing weight the same way, I'll keep making the same mistakes. Here's to a new year and a new attitude. Cheers!
I am going to look at it like clutter. Extra pounds on my body are clutter that I don't need..... time to dump the clutter!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Yes, I am in!

My goal for this year is to finally lose it all.
My starting weight is 235 and my goal is 150.
It will take approximately 1.63 pounds a week to do it in a year.

My goal is 1200-1300 cal per day and exercise at least 15 min 5 days per week.

I have really been looking forward to the new year challenges!

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Woohoo ~

Welcome everyone !!!!!!!!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
I'm in.

I'm grateful that the guidelines aren't too stringent because I really need to be held accountable, although I only have about 10 to lose. Those 10, however, are real game changers for me. They are the difference between certain clothes i have fitting or not fitting and are the difference in my blood sugar numbers on a daily basis. So, they are non-negotiable.

I am very bad at being accountable to myself...I can always find an excuse, but when there are other people who know what I'm doing...it keeps me more honest. :)

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome, everyone! Glad to have you aboard the weight loss wagon!

...I really need to be held accountable, although I only have about 10 to lose. Those 10, however, are real game changers for me. They are the difference between certain clothes i have fitting or not fitting and are the difference in my blood sugar numbers on a daily basis. So, they are non-negotiable.

I am very bad at being accountable to myself...I can always find an excuse, but when there are other people who know what I'm doing...it keeps me more honest. :)
From experience, the best way to hold yourself accountable is to post what you eat a couple times a day. Plus pop into this thread for the action and support. I, too, have 10 or so lbs to lose, and like you said it makes a difference with what I clothes I can or cannot wear.

I'll plan on starting this with both feet on deck as soon as next Monday comes. Between now and then I'll make an effort to make better choices. I'll hop on my scale Monday morning to see what the holidays treats and eats have done to my weight. *sigh*

We can do it! Losing weight and maintaining a healthy lifestyle has been done countless times by SO many people. We can (AND WILL!) do it too! Let's keep as focused as possible and use this thread as the support we need to get to where we . When we falter...let's admit it. When we succeed...let's announce it. Let's be there for each other!

Reactions: sabrelvssammy

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Even though it's not the new year I am going to track my food intake and calories today. I don't want it to go over 1,300 calories. I'm officially 10 lbs over my goal weight, we still have one more Christmas gathering to go. I don't want to announce that I actually need to lose 15 lbs when all is said and done. :thud:

:cheergrl: WE CAN DO IT! NO BETTER TIME TO START THAN NOW!! :cheergrl:

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Breakfast - a bowl of Red River cereal (160 calories) and 2 mugs of black coffee (4 calories)
Morning Snack - an apple (110 calories) and a Astro smooth n fruity yogurt (117 calories)
Lunch - a large spring leaf salad (10 calories0 with 5 tbsp of cal-wise salad dressing (150 calories)
Total Calorie Intake (so far) - 551 calories

·
Registered
694 Posts
Ok I'm in. I want to lose about 10lbs. But mostly I want to exercise regularly and eat healthly the majority of the time. Dh and I will be starting P90x sometime in January.

Starting weight is 154.4lbs goal is 144 or less.
Drink 60oz of water a day.
Exercise 3x a week at least.
Treats/junk food only once a week or less.

I'll be slowly starting here this week. I need to get rid of all my Christmas junk. Work on my exercise plan, meal plan etc.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I weighed myself today - 197.4# with my clothes on. scale is doctor accurate :whistle: I have a long way to go. How did this happen?

·
Registered
851 Posts
I'm in. I would like to lose at least 15 lbs (preferably 20 lbs) by end of 2013. I eat a balance diet & moderate portions, but whenever there are a few back-to-back events (food & wine type), I can easily gain 2-5 lbs. My plan is to stick to an exercise routine to keep my weight in check.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I'll be in AFTER the 31st :) I'm going in on a pool at work, and I don't want that 1st-week-drop to be before my first weigh-in. I want to WIN (and to fit into my skinny clothes again.) Multitasking :)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I'm in!!!!!

Weight to date: 264lbs
Goal weight: 180lbs

height: 5' 10"
clothing size: 20W

Fitness goal: To run 9 miles with stopping(used to do this everyday 4 years ago)
Goal clothing size:12

I think I'll close my other 6 month thread and just take part in this... to be more accountable. Can't wait!

1 - 20 of 1698 Posts