Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 2288 Posts

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wiil get us started on a 2013 no spend challange.I am aming for 20 days a month.

Reactions: NikoSan999

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
My January goal is 12 No Spend days.

:cheergrl: Go, us, go! :cheergrl:

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
I am in - I wish I could say 30 days of no-spends (hey, it gives a person something to work towards -right???) - I will have as many as I can - that's all I can hope for.

Good luck with this challenge in 2013 everyone!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
I am going for 20 days of no spend in January.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I am aiming for 15-20 days.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I would like to hit 20 to 25 days of no spending. This is a hard one for me because DH works at a grocery store and its easy for him to pick up items that I think we "need" or splurge junk food.......But onward and upward....

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
"Hi, My name is Frugal Nurse and I'm addicted to spending."

This will be a challenge for me. For sure.
I'm aiming for 20 no spend days. But I am not going to count grocery shopping and 'needed' HBA. I say needed - because I could potentially justify a makeup purchase in the Health and "Beauty" aids section. So... only 'needed' HBA purchases.

What I want to get away from is going to the pharmacy and buying uhhmm.. candy. twizzler bites, or something. Or heading to SB and getting a soy chai for $5. Buying an expensive lunch at work.

With my own rules, I could get to 25 no spend days but I don't want to fail at this. So, 20 no spend days it is for me. WOOHOO!

Cheers! and good luck to everyone!!!

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
I would like to hit 20 to 25 days of no spending. This is a hard one for me because DH works at a grocery store and its easy for him to pick up items that I think we "need" or splurge junk food.......But onward and upward....
This is the problem that I am faced with. I too work in the grocery. It's not the junk food that I am grabbing - it's the marked down items (meats, produce, dented cans, etc). These are things that you simply cannot plan for - they are when they are. And you take them when they get there - no coming back for them, coz they will be gone.

Also, DH eats lots of fresh banana's. Unfortunately that means buying them every couple of days. Last year when I started this challenge, I got a Villager Pardon on the banana purchases. They are not something that I can stock up on. So a lot of days the only purchase I have are a couple of banana's.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ok...I started this challenge last year and gave up on it because I got tired of tracking.

<----- LAZY.

Anyway. I'm aiming for 15 no spend days in January. I think I can do that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I`m trying a no-spending year. And also one grocerytrip a week or less this year.
So for January I am aiming for 25 days.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Today will be a spend day as I need to spend $60 budgeted for a ski lesson to get my confidence back. so I can make use and not waste that season pass I purchsed.

I saved $20 off the ski lesson because I"m a season pass holder. whoopdidoo. The lesson included a lift ticket.. I should at least get that amount discounted. sheesh! oh well..

I'm going to ask if I can return the champagne today.

Happy Trails!

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Frugal Nurse - Way to go on checking on whether you can return the unopened champagne. I'll be VERY surprised if they say 'no' as you JUST purchased it.

Today will be a no spend day. Since it's New Year's Day I don't think anything is open. Yay!

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
I'm in again this year. I've done 10 days the last couple years as 15 or more just didn't work for me. Myself, I don't count gas as I hardly ever fill the tank and it's a necessity to get to work.
I normally make goal every month on this one so I think I'll raise it to 12 this year.

Reactions: piney
1 - 20 of 2288 Posts