Frugal Village Forums banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Been focusing on the blue afgan I started from the stash given to me by a friend. Really like how that one's coming out. It's a bit "cleaner" than the 'rag bag' afgan I did a few years back since I end the section at the end of a row. The first 'rag bag' afgan I just grabbed whatever color on hand and just kept going where the yarn ended. The downside is having small bits. I'm starting to create a ball of yarn from those bits and hopefully I'll have enough for a quilt-ish afgan where the colors "change" erratically rather than having a row here and there of a single color. We'll see how that goes. Just have to make sure the yarns are similar (i.e. rough acrylics together, simply softs, etc.).

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Almost done with one of the afgan I'm making for a friend. Only about half a skein away from done since I want to use up the yarn. Since it's one of those pound skeins, there's still a ways to go. I'm nearly finished on the wool laprug I started some time back. But since I have that one in my car to do while waiting for something (i.e. waiting for a movie or people-watching in the mall), it's taken me some time to finish it. Once the laprug's done, I think I'll start a stash-buster afgan. This way I can start a new full sized afgan and take it inside when it becomes too large for the bag. Or I can start another lapgan, depending on what yarn I have. I think I have enough for a couple of full sized afgans though and this way I can finish the ones I have at home by the time I get to the point of bringing the car afgan inside to finish.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Those afgans are very nice!! I finished one afgan requested by a friend. Now I'm onto the next one. The new one isn't really a stash-buster since I only had two skeins of the color I wanted but I will use them as well as ones I bought for this project. I think I can get a fair deal done on it since I have this coming Friday off as well as next Friday due to the holidays.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm thinking of taking up crocheting....do any of you crocheting experts have advice for me? What project to start with, what are good books to request from our library etc?

81 - 85 of 85 Posts