Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 497 Posts

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We know what to this in this thread, people. Encourage each other, motivate each other, push yourself.....whatever it takes to all lose a pound a week.

Let's do it, people! :cheergrl:

If you fall off the bandwagon, that's no excuse to jump back on! It doesn't matter what time of the year you start, what you weigh to begin with or how many times you have started the journey to bettet health then stopped.

We are here to support and encourage. Don't give up! Push yourself and tell yourself that it CAN be done!

·
Registered
671 Posts
I would like to join in. I need to lose around 20 pounds & am currently in Weight Watchers. I have lost almost 15 pounds since September 2013, so not quite a pound a week, but close...
My exercise of choice is walking.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
You know I am in ~ lol

May not have a bunch to lose - but this thread keeps me motivated NOT to gain & eat like I am a 250 lb sumo wrestler...

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I am going to try again.
Goal is one pound per week.

I walk on my treadmill and do a few other things,
ball crunches, wall pushups, and lying hamstring curls.

May try more later in the year.

Reactions: QM and Winkie

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I am so in! I need to lose at least 40 pounds, and tone up. I have slacked much in 2013. I have elliptical and stationary bike, with weight balls, and even an ab bench, but they just hold my clothes. I have new batteries in them, cleaned them off and am ready to go! Good luck all!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I'm in, I need the accountability. When I get the proper mindset I do great, but man when I fall of the fitness wagon.. I have a terrible time getting back on. I gave myself permission to eat whatever I wanted the last couple months, not good. I will weigh in, in the morning and post :ack: One of my biggest problems are staying motivated and the evening snack attacks. Good luck to us all, and wooo---hooooo for a new year and a fresh start.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I'm in. Lost a total of 43 pounds in 2013 (calorie counting) and maintained all through late summer and early fall. I went off the rails after Halloween and the scale has slowly ticked up ever since. My weigh-in day is Wednesday so I'll know then exactly where I stand and how much further I want to go but it should be somewhere in the 20-30 pound range.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'm in! Fifty-two pounds lost would put me well within sight of my overall goal of losing 70! Walking, biking, and at-home videos are really the only workouts I can afford but those should be more than enough to get me to this target weight! I'm also working on lightening up my family's menus and eating out less, so hand-in-hand with my workouts, I should start to see the weight fall off soon!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I would love to join in but I hesitate because I am not strong-willed (about sensible eating - but tenacious to the point of obstinacy about just about every other aspect of my life!).

Today I weigh in at 141 pounds. My goal - just a small one, you see - is to get below 140 pounds AND STAY THERE.

This time of the year the weather discourages outdoor activity, and I think I use that as an excuse. When it's not stormy/windy/gale-driven rain, I do 2 or 3 miles a day minimum, and at weekends much more; I go climbing (rock outcrops) and mountain-walking. My bike has recently had a full service with some replacement parts, so once the weather settles down, I've no excuse not to get out on it, have I?

Meanwhile, what am I to do about all the chocolate and goodies I received as gifts?

QM - I like, and agree with, your avatar. It's just hard, as I sit here, hearing the gales pound rain on the windows, to think I need to get out in it.

Reactions: QM

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
O.K. I got on the scale ......143.5 :shake: I have gained about 10lbs since October. Would like to see a goal of 120-125. I plan on getting started this morning with some light wii and xbox fitness stuff and then walk to work 2 miles and then home 2 miles. My breakfast will be 1 poached egg, a slice of double fiber toast, and a light yogurt. work snack will be 1 oz. of soy nuts. I have to start today, I can't wait for the 1st. No party plans for new years anyway, so no excuses. Good luck and good choices ladies.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I don't need to lose weight, but have a goal of running 60 miles a month for the first half of 2014 and then 80 miles a month in the latter half (I have 3 half marathons and a full marathon in 2014). I'll join in spiritually on the weight side! :ghost2:

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
I don't need to lose weight, but have a goal of running 60 miles a month for the first half of 2014 and then 80 miles a month in the latter half (I have 3 half marathons and a full marathon in 2014). I'll join in spiritually on the weight side! :ghost2:

Hi! You can join the Active Challenges that Bridge puts up each month. This way you can log your mins moving on her spreadsheet.

Reactions: QM and Zoolook

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi! You can join the Active Challenges that Bridge puts up each month. This way you can log your mins moving on her spreadsheet.
Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Hey QM ( and sammy ) you know I am in ( again! )

I will start calorie counting and posting feb 1st ( and of course watching it between now and then ) will also have my weight and new goal feb 1st. To much going on in my life to start until then...but actually I am not really stopping from last years challenge. Just not actively jumping in here posting until then. Good luck all!!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I started today as well, no partying for NY and I like to start on Monday,
if I wait till Wednesday, I will want to wait until next week LOL.

My overall goal is to lose 82 pounds. 52 would be a good start,
and maybe if I am careful, I will lose a little more.

I have a doctor's appointment on the 14th, so I may have new
motivation *sigh*

Today's Plan:
Breakfast: 1 Special K cheese and egg flatbread breakfast Sammy, sm. gala apple
Lunch: WW Southwestern soup, grapes
Dinner: WW Sante Fe Beans and rice
Snack: TBD

·
Registered
346 Posts
I just want to ask everyone how do you all eat? Do you have 3 meals and 2 snacks, and eat your meals and snacks at set times? Or do you only eat when you are hungry?

I have breakfast, and my lunch is eaten in my car as I have a mobile business so it is usually a few snacks, and when I get home I just eat when I am hungry (or bored), and this is when I get into trouble. If I have a day off and I am at home I snack all day. I am hoping to fix this and am interested how everyone else organises their meals.

Reactions: QM

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Today starts day one for me. I have to start on a Monday too! I had an egg and coffee for breakfast. Leftover ground turkey chili for lunch with big glass of water. I have taken 2 it works confianza vitamins, and my 2 daily gummy vitamins. For dinner we are having tacos, I will have it with no shells, extra lettuce and salsa. then do 60 minutes on my exercise bike. I am keeping track of my calories. Hoping for a good weight loss this week to get me started.

1 - 20 of 497 Posts