Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 679 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see where anyone started the new thread for 2014 so here goes!

This is one challenge I actually do pretty well at! I never count if the husband eats lunch out because his schedule and work load are crazy. I also don't count "free" food from gift cards or meals purchased by others. I count when I eat lunch out and if the husband and I eat out and foot the bill.

I think for January I'll call 2 eat outs but really have no plans for them at the moment. Just giving myself a little wiggle room.

Anybody else?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I am in. Giving myself 4 eat out dates, once a week. I do not count gift cards to restaurants if it covers it all. I also do not count things I have already paid for. I bought some groupons last month for some things and have them printed and ready to go. I do count breakfast, lunch, dinner, starbucks, dunkin donuts, anywhere that we get food from that is NOT our house. :) Good luck!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I am going to declare 6 days. My plans are for
paydays and payday Saturdays after church.
Two extra for fun!

I count everything I eat out.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I'm in! I don't set a specific amount for eat outs each month. I go for the year. :toothy: I do not count eat out if I use gift cards or if someone else foots the bill. I find that most of my eat out days are for coffee when I am traveling rather than actual food.

Today all meals will be at home. :)

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
All meals at home. 1/25

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I am going to try this....I am going to aim for zero! But I know there might be a slip up once or twice. I am going to plan ahead, and keep the house as well stocked as possible. Today was a no eat out day! I prepared extra for convenience for my two boys on the atkins diet...cooked up a boat load of meats seasoned in many different ways so all they have to do is nuke them and eat. I prepared my lunch for tomorrow already so I don't have to try and scramble in the morning. A nice healthy salad....homemade popcorn and ice cold water....healthy and yummy

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
I want to eat out less this year.

I am trying for no eat our days alone, just me. I want all eating out to be date night or for family fun time. Hubby would like to also get away from fast food to places with more healthy choices for those lunches/dinners.

My ultimate goal would be two family night meals out a month and a date lunch every few months (maybe once a month)

A more practical and attainable goal would be 3 or 4 family eat outs and some emergency drive thru lunches and dinners (like work over busy and lunch forgotten or forgot the crockpot on a supper busy activity night) last year we started that emergency dinners/lunches bought out where only $5 footlongs at Subway ( or the sub place right by Hubby's work) so I think we will try and stick with that this year.

I will not count meals bought my my mother when she visits. I will count picking up a restaurant pizza ( even a $5 one) for family night but will not count one if I swing by the Aldi's and pick up a cook at home one. I will not count lunch bought by the office for "work at your desk during lunch" days.

·
Registered
7,730 Posts
I'm not very good with keeping up with posting, but this is a goal for this year. I'll try to check in weekly (Mon-Sun for the calculation), and will keep a signature tally.

I allow myself lunch out on Sunday because of my work schedule that makes eating before work or bringing lunch very difficult. So I get 1 meal out a week. If I do manage to bring lunch on Sunday, I'll give myself a free pass for a meal out at another time on a difficult day.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
All meals at home 2/25

1 - 20 of 679 Posts