Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1993 Posts

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning and Happy New Years my friends!!! Time to start a new thread. Like dean said; "new year, new thread, fresh start!" LOVE IT! :)

Today is the first day of a 365 day book that you will write. Make sure it is a good one. :)

Everyone welcome....so don't be shy! We are hear to support you, cheer you on, hear your complaints, and put our own problems out there. Spread the love and join us!

Welcome 2014.....bring it on! :cheer4:

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dang....can an admin please fix the 2014 in the title?!!! Geesh... :thud: THANK YOU!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Right on thanks Deb... My friend last night told me about a keeping track of all the good things that happen to us by writing it on paper and putting it in a jar and on the last day of 2014 reading it all and reliving the experiences. I'm going to do this. We gave a big year ahead and looking forward to it all good or bad. Let's have a fabulous year my friends!!!!

·
19,119 Posts
Well said DC! Changed the title, although I personally think it was more eye catching the other way! ;)

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THANK YOU MM!!! I appreciate you changing the title. :blush: Glad to see everyone is starting to find their way over here. :)

550_352563151546762_951291854_n.jpg

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry Brilly I wasn't clear enough in the introduction. I forget that those who aren't a regular here might not know.

It is just a thread to focus on taking care of ourselves. It is an emotional support group more than anything is probably the best way to explain it. We just talk about our day, what our plans are, and the daily problems we all face . We laugh together and cry together.

I hope you join us! :)

·
19,119 Posts
Start of the NY - car won't start! A challenge that will not get me down ......

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Found an instruction manual online for the sewing machine YEAH!
All ready to go back to work tomorrow. Physically that is, mentally no.
Lost the 3 pounds I gained over Christmas. Total weight loss since my birthday in June.....40 pounds!!!
Sugar is in check and things are looking up. Since my insurance was cancelled, I was finally able to get us signed up on Obamacare, We will be saving $372 per month!!! What a blessing.
Made 2 loaves of banana bread, one for dh and one for ds and his family. Grandson's love it!
Will try posting updated pics of grandkids soon.
Have a great evening everyone and once again Happy 2014!!!!

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
I am going to join in.Hope everyone had a Good New Year and that it contuine all though the year.Been a sad day here but I keep reminding myself that my df would not want me to sad and depressed.

·
19,119 Posts
WTG on your weight loss Dean!

Welcome Piney! Glad you are here. If there is something that you need to talk through - this is the place and we are the people! Take are my friend!

Car is okay now - think I will have our car guy check the battery out tomorrow - just in case!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dean - congrats on the weight loss and the lower premiums! :clap: So happy to see you popping back in here. :)

Piney - nice to see you join us! I hope your troubles and sadness will soon pass. :hugz:

MM - glad the car is now working! :)

·
19,119 Posts
I cannot stop eating. On Kauai I was eating for emotional reasons and I cannot seem to stop. There, now that I have said it out loud ....... Perhaps it will help..have neve had this happen before. Think I will get some gum and keep my hands busy too!

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
well sorry I missed everyone but we had a nice quiet day watching the 2nd Percy film and playing UNO. Just hanging about. I made the ham and spaghetti salad. So a no spend day. Was able to pay a large chunk to the CC and Some to savings as well. Still conquering laundry. A good day all in all.

MM- glad the car came thru. Maybe just a loose connection?
Its late,cant comment to all but hugs and love. BBT.
We had bought a new answering/cordless as our gave up the ghost awhile ago and DH set it up.

Dh's apppt. is for tomorrow and I will let him go alone and then go for the diagnosis after testing.
DD works again tomorrow so prayers for both please.

Welcome to all the newbies. Here's to a better New Year as 2013 was a trial for a lot of us here but we are all still standing I think in at least partly because of each other. Yes,an emotional support group/a place to just share and connect w/o negetive judgements. That would be my take.

1 - 20 of 1993 Posts