Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New year!!

Heres how this works

1. List 3 things you want to get done

2. You have 24 hours to get them done

3. Mark them off and start again!

Can someone please make this a sticky, thanks.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Good Morning, Dearies, and Happy New Year!

Ok, so my three things for today are:
1-Take down the tree (normally do this on the first, sooooo behind!)
2-Get all the presents put away
3-Get the suitcases unpacked
4-Get everything that belongs in the attic up into the attic

Yes, I said three, and that's four, but technically that could all be summed up into one "get the holiday $#*t out of here! In which case I could add two more "straighten up the family room" and "return the library stuff."

Of course just because I wrote it down, now I won't do any of it! ;P

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
For Saturday:

1) Mop (puppy Sadie can really mess up a floor, even with puppy pads everywhere)
2) Post the weekly menus
3) Clean out litter boxes
4) Continue packing away Christmas stuff (I'm not stressing over this, I'm doing what I can each day)
5) Send out 2 New Year's cards
6) Call vet for Sadie's appointment

That's 6, so maybe I can get 3 of them done :)

Have a super Saturday, friends!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
0/3

think I did too much the day before, pooped out.

sat
dishes
nap
be quiet, DH is napping, not feeling well.

Its snowing like crazy, wind is howling, and I am just sitting here watching it. I am just tired, so am just going to sit here and watch the world turn. Boy, talk about being lazy!! I might try to do something later, then again I'm not going to push it!

Hey Z, am going to drink my first cup of tea with a pinch of honey today.... Thought that would put a smile on your face, will see if it messes with my sugar level.

ilc, watch those storms heading your way.. have fun with the pups.

Have a wonderful weekend!

·
Registered
7,787 Posts
I need to do this since there are way too many days when I get NOTHING done, at least nothing very constructive, and I'm a dreadful procrastinator. Maybe I can motivate myself to do at least three things.

Today:
1. Mending
2. Pack work meals for Saturday and Sunday
3. Finish off 2014 bills, set up 2015 spreadsheets

The first two are done. I'll do the third during downtime at work tonight.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Pinetree, I'm pretty sure resting and not overdoing things are somewhere on those hospital discharge sheets!

I'm pretty much all/all, depending on how you count it. I'm at 1/2 for "putting presents away," as the weather today is putrid, and there are still some out in the van that can stay there until the rain goes away... And the hide-a-bed is folded back away in the family room, which is what I really needed to do, but I need to vacuum down there. It is *SO* nice to have the living room back to normal and have my "comfy chair" back!!!

The bad weather kept me from finding anything less sucky to do today. :) So I also cleaned the dining room (like, really-really cleaned... pulled all the furniture out, vacuumed up the carpet, rolled it up and swept and mopped the hardwood underneath, rotated the carpet so the high-traffic corner is far away and the nearly-new corner is out where we actually walk... then scrubbed all the little bits of grossness off the table, the paint splatters and other things that come with having two brilliantly creative children--but not the glitter, that's there to stay...) Also mailed out a couple of packages= less crap in my tiny house! :)

Right now I am having a well-earned rest until dinner is ready in a few minutes, then after dinner I'll vacuum the family room and throw DD11 into the tub, even if her clothes are still on! (She's going through a gross no-bathing phase right now. Eeewww!!)

And now it's dinner time... grr... stupid clock.... ;P

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
I am counting 3 even if I didn't fix up the bills while moving things around in bathroom also moved things around in bedroom :va: dusted and done a sink of dishes.
Sunday List
Go church
Co to dd house
Go to Dollar general

go to dd

Go to Dollar Gemeral

·
Registered
415 Posts
Well, I got nothing done yesterday or today! Woke up yesterday with a migraine and then DD was sick with the flu, went to the Doc and ended up being taken to the hospital in an ambulance! Hubby had driven her, so he came and got me and we sat in the ER for a few hours while they figured out that she had an asthma attack and didn't need to be there! Still had the migraine at bedtime and woke up with it today. It's been kind of a crappy couple of days. Tomorrow will be better!

So my list stays the same.

Tomorrow:

1. Blanch and dehydrate carrots. If there's room, I'll add some celery to the batch.
2. Look through freezers and make list of what I need for my menu plan.
3. Same as #2 but in pantry.

Have a great day, Everyone! Stay warm and dry!

Jen

·
Registered
7,787 Posts
I finished today's list. No list for tomorrow. My work day is too long to plan to do anything else.

Looking ahead:

Monday -
1. Make a business call
2. Catch up on dishes
3. Put away groceries that are still on the dining room floor

Tuesday -
1. Gather up trash
2. Cook for the week
3. Clean up kitchen after the cook-in

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Happy Sunday, everyone!

pinetree, there is a BIG difference between being lazy and recuperating. So you aren't being lazy at all----you are getting well!!!

dcompton, welcome to this thread!

Jen, how scary about your DD! Glad she's okay.

Z and piney, y'all are doing great!

Got everything done Saturday except the cards.

Thanks, pinetree, about the storms. So far so good. It was storming a lot during church this morning (we go to the earliest service) but it's just cloudy right now. After today it's supposed to clear up and then later in the week it will get really cold. I plan on staying by the fireplace those days.

For Sunday:

1) Church DONE
2) Work on New Year's cards to send out
3) Continue packing away holiday stuff
4) Bake a good dessert of some kind
5) Enjoy my family

Have a wonderful day, ladies.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dcompton, glad you joined us!

Piney, wtg!!

RABBIT, good luck on changing your eating habits, wow have I been totally shocked lately, all the junk... Try not eating any salt, They told me its in everything, I cant believe it really is in everything! Well sugar too.

ilc, sorry, I had extra time so was watching my storm chasers and saw that wall heading for Gerogia, there were several tornados in it. Hows the puppies?

Jen, you poor thing, I am So sorry all this stuff keeps happening to you, Hoping the rest of the year will be better. Get some rest and see if you can get rid of the headache! So glad you daughter is ok.. hugs...

Z, I dont see anywhere it says to relax, recoup, or rest or anything... Forgot to drink my tea yesterday, so going to get a cup now... Isn't that syrup freezing?

sunday
chop up some mushrooms - done
make bed - done
find something for dinner, ??
make angel food cake

wow, another busy day... getting kinda old, hard to sit and watch other people do things.. yea I know, but its still really hard.. Guess I need to learn how to sit still.

Got more snow yesterday, its all white and sparkley out there. Actually I'm watching DH shovel the driveway. Yep I am pretty bored.

Have a fantastic Sunday.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Early post today because I'm going to bed. Still have the migraine and I took a pain pill, so I'll be out soon. Tomorrow the list will be the same with the addition of going shopping...if I feel better. I really need to get those veggies done, so that's a priority.

Tomorrow:

1. Blanch and dehydrate carrots. If there's room, I'll add some celery to the batch.
2. Look through freezers and make list of what I need for my menu plan.
3. Same as #2 but in pantry.

Have a great day, Everyone! Stay safe and warm.

Jen

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Pinetree--it's right there in the middle, you just can't see it because you're brain-damaged now ;P But trust me, it's there!

And I'm not opening the cover to check, but the syrup is probably not freezing... the bees use their body heat to warm the hive, and the syrup feeder opens right on to that, protected from the outside by two covers, one of which is Styrofoam an inch+ thick (sounds cheap, but actually the latest-and-greatest, go figure! Sounds like something one of us would think up out of sensibility, but some bozo's out there making a mint off it, I'm sure...) If it DID get that cold, the bees would be huddled for warmth anyway, and by the time they wake up to eat, it would be thawed again. At least that's what the books all say... this is our first winter, so I guess we're gonna find out, huh? ;)

So I never vacuumed Saturday night... didn't do squat yesterday.

The bus just pulled away with both kids on it (miracle of miracles!!! DD11 is awful most mornings, and more so when there's been a break in her routine... like... say... a day off... or TWELVE...) So my plan for today is:

-Do a mall walk out by my old work (this is my after-Christmas me-time tradition. Five laps of the mall window-shopping, then a sixth one stopping to buy whatever deals I've decided on.)

-try to make it out to Shoprite for the CanCan Sale, which is not as great as in previous years, but better than other prices, so there ya go...

-And make it home in time to meet the bus, supervise homework, take the kids to the pet store to buy a fish (which is the bribe I offered to get them on the bus), and hopefully clean the house a bit.

I also need to do my 20 wishes for this year and update the stockpile thread once I get back from the cancan sale...

But guess what? I went back on WeightWatchers on the 1st, and today was my first weigh-in. I've lost 6 lbs, woohoo! (The first week is always so gratifying.) It will be a long time before I stop hating the number on the scale, but hey, it's a start!

Have a great day everyone!

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
All I did yesterday after getting home from church was cook a good meal for supper.

So for Monday:

1) Take new puppy Sadie and one cat to vet (cat needs his steroid shot and Sadie needs her first visit)
2) Fold/put away clean laundry that's been sitting in a basket for a few days
3) Tweak menus since DS said he's going back to school earlier than I thought
4) Get New Year's cards done!!!!
5) Reset den
6) Put charity donations in car to deliver tomorrow

Have a good day, ladies. And stay warm.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Welcome RaineyDaye, those are very pretty cats you have!

Jen, hope you're doing better today.

ilc, hope the guys do ok at the vet.

Z, haha, I have lost alot of my short term memory, Dr. says its from being so overwhelmed, so I do have an excuse, kinda... lol
Ok will have to trust you on the bees, I have so much to learn about them, I would probably put a heater out there for them.'
Have fun on your mall walk!

today
put blankets and pillows away
clean up oven racks
wipe off table

I slept in bed for the first time since getting home from the hospital, boy was it nice and warm. I had to sleep propped up and couldn't do it with our headboard.. boy did I sleep. Another step forwqrd, yippee!

Almost forgot, told you I cant remember!!, Made the angel food cake, baked like usual, but the darn thing overflowed all over the racks and almost covered the bottom of the oven, the cake pan was full of cake, so its not like it was too full, also made from a box, any ideas on what happened? My oven is a total mess.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

·
Registered
415 Posts
OK, raining and pouring! Bad things happened today. My husband came home early because he has some kind of stomach flu and my daughter is still sick, so I had 2 to take care of and this darn headache will not go away! I'm being very careful around my sick people because I have a compromised immune system. It's been an adventure. I just keep telling myself...Tomorrow will be better.

Not making a list for tomorrow. I think just getting things put away and back to normal will be enough to do.

Take care of yourselves, Everyone! Stay safe and warm.

Jen

1 - 20 of 4061 Posts