Frugal Village Forums banner

2921 - 2940 of 4061 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
GB does your DH have a retirement date planned? I just retired last year at 52 and DH retired at 51 due to ill health. He asked me to retire also so we'd have more time together. I debated because I really did love my job but ultimately as they say no one ever says in their last words that they wished they'd had more time to work. I am his caregiver too and he does need help in a lot of areas so it's worked out well having me retire early. We are thoroughly enjoying it and once we get moved into the new house we can really relax and enjoy our time. I hope your DH can retire soon.

ILC yay for some alone time!! I love my DH but I really love when he naps as I get some quiet time. He cannot understand that need for quiet time as he cannot stand being alone. I crave alone time.

Pinetree I hope they can figure out what's causing you to feel good one day and lousy the next. And thanks in advance for the recipe. No rush on it, whenever you find it is fine :) I hope your friend got her drains all fixed! When is the appointment with the doctor? I hope they can get you in soon.

SD oh that recipe for oatmeal carmelitas would have been pure evil but I bet it tastes awesome. I would house that down in a heartbeat so yeah, best not post that one. LOL! Yay for no more mice!! Here's hoping you're mice free for a long time.

Kiddos have left and DH is now napping and all is quiet. I've got supper cooking then heading to craft night. I did get the bills paid this afternoon before DD got here and straightened up around the living room. DH is no good at picking up little things. He'll get up and go to do a project and leave the blankets all rumpled and the pillows all tossed around. This annoys me to no end and it's so dumb that it annoys me so that I don't bug him about it, I just fix it when he's out of the room.

I'm hoping to get another centerpiece top done tonight at craft night. We shall see.

·
Super Moderator
19,753 Posts
The oatmeal carmelitas are made with caramel ice cream topping, so that should tell you how bad they are. They're extremely sweet and sooooooo decadent. I used to make them for DO demos and tell people I had removed all the calories for demonstration purposes. LOL. People always laughed and I guess they believed me because there were never any left. I don't know what's in the ingredients but I left one empty but dirty DO overnight once and it stripped all the seasoning off the pot! Something is acidic in that recipe.

I actually like the Tortuga rum cake better than the oatmeal carmelitas. The cake is the fault of some friends of ours who cruise the Caribbean every year and used to bring us the 4 oz. cakes. Thoughtful of them but they were so good I found a clone recipe and tweaked it till I was happy with it. A four ounce cake is tiny but big enough for four servings, they're so rich. Lots of butter and rum, mmmmmm. I make mine with coconut rum for extra flavor. :)

I'm sure hoping we're mouse-free now but I'll be holding my breath for a few weeks yet. We've thought before it was fixed only to find more rodents invading the place.

Husby brought home bottled water so I have water to cook with now. Sure hope the well clears up pretty soon. The water is safe but it smells funny and tastes funny. I'm okay with washing dishes with it but I'd rather not drink it, although I did yesterday. I suppose we drained the water level in the well running hundreds of gallons of water through the drain tile Tuesday trying to float those corks through and put in the heat tapes.

Tree guy is supposed to come tonight to look things over, so I hope he actually shows up.

The chicken noodle soup I mentioned above sounded good so we're having it for supper. I wonder if there's time to make some Tortuga rum cake to go with it. :D

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,923 ·
Am waiting on them to call for approval, so hurry up and wait. Dont worry guys, I have been dizzy since these meds got started, its just alittle more often now... no emergency.
Will let you know when it is.

SD, I usually keep soup in the freezer, its been So warm here, I havent made any, back up in the 80's this weekend. I have no choice but to make it from scratch if I want to eat any!! Sometimes a person justs wants to open a can and feel better, well, now I'm gonna have to open the freezer!! lol. My favorite is cream of mushroom, Oh do I love that....

Yippeee on getting rid of the mice!

Something too sweet sounds Sooo good!! Huh FW!!

Hikr, found my recipe book, the kids have it at their house, so will get it to you soon!

Thank you, everyone for thinking about me!

rotf, I found a crochet needle, spelling on that, well started making a circle, so I'm gonna make me a pot thing so I can sit a pot on the table if I want, or something really hot.. looks pretty bad, but I don't care!!! lol, maybe one day I will learn how to do this!! So I guess today is craft day??!! Bahahahaha!!

Have a great evening guys!!

·
Super Moderator
19,753 Posts
I haven't had soup in the freezer until just lately either, except for chili because it's my go-to and I can eat that just about any time. Normally I don't like soup in hot weather either. Today is cold and rainy though.

I'm not counting on being rid of mice yet, but I'm sure hoping we've seen the last of them out there!

I was just saying over on the Use It Up board about not being able to decide what craft to work on. I can tell winter's coming when I want to get started on crafting. I found a pattern in one of the Workbasket magazines I just got for a crocheted potholder shaped like a pansy. I'd just use it for a decoration though. Don't know when I'll get to that one though. Have fun with your trivet!

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
wow just no way to keep up!!
So I took Dmikey and got his HW test. He was good but he weighs 94# now. He was insistant he wanted to play w/ a toy Yorkie so i had to drag him into a room and hide until it left. Despite that I spoiled him w/ a good dog burger trip.

Went to the Farm market after that and went nuts getting gourds. I also got some onions,green beans,amazing smelling tomatoes and corn. This mean lady didnt want to split her $10 bucket of Cortland apples until I kept after her. I had $5. if I could wave a wand I would have turned it into a $100. not a $10. I had the best time w/ this guy who loved gourds like me. I just think they are so cool.
I bought DH a bumpy/warty pumpkin for Cancer charity.

Tomorrow is DD's bday and she is going to be at a party her BF is throwing her. I'm finally off the hook for her bday. A card and cash-done! I asked her Ds to pm her if possible.

And seeing baby dog starts treatment tomorrow DD and I took him to the park. It was a weekday so it was quiet. He had the best time riding in the car and smelling smells. Makes me feel a tad better about what i have to do treatment wise tomorrow.

So today an adopt a thon for pets started at the rescue I work at. Its like a contest and we are 7th. at the moment. All cats over a year w/ spay/neuter and all shots are just $50. I hope we adopt a bunch w/ all the new ones coming in.

GB-my fav. seller had puny gourds so I got them from 2 new people. I have a colonial covered porch and love to decorate too. Every year I say i will get lights but havent yet. I use my bench as a center piece and a few scarecrows. I have a sitting black witch (I garbage picked)that used to light up. I got a paper Frankenstein w/ folded crepe paper arms and legs this year. Skipped the bales of hay and the mums. Still mulling the corn stalks. $5. each and I need 2-3?
I always set up a card table w/ a Halloween table cloth and a giant silver mixing bowl of asst. candy. Then I line up about 50 juice boxes. We have kids come in vans to this neighborhood. I love doing it. I love the echoes of the kids and the running. I love the shy little guys who arent quite getting it yet. I just hope its not as miserable as the weather was last year. I had to set up fast because they all still came.

·
Super Moderator
19,753 Posts
Pinetree, it's usually fun to pick up a new hobby. Hope the squash turned out tasty.

FW, best of luck with the new doggy's treatments. And placing the kitties. It's such a shame there are so many excess kitties in the world.

Just saw the trailer for San Andreas. We love a good disaster and can't wait to see it.

Husby is doing the happy dance. The tree guy came and is going to take down 14 trees for $1,100 or less. He thought it would be way more. That's for just dropping them, so he's going to have to limb, cut, and swamp them. That'll be a ton of work. I think he better get the Stihl in fighting trim because it's ten times the chainsaw that electric thing is that he usually uses. None of this is going to happen till next month sometime, so I don't know where we're going to park the HydroBikes when we get them up off the lake. Literally every parking space we own is threatened by one or more trees at the moment.

Still need to make a decision about what craft to work on.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
I been wanting to see that too.
Just saw Magic Mike XXL-PFFFFT!! Nope to the Nopertons. Boring until the end almost. I liked his workshop dance.

Sd-so in Nov? wont it be fairly snowy then. Fantastic price. He wants 1200. to do the 1.BUt that does have to be taken piece by piece and by a gas space heater inlet and between 2 houses. So I guess apples and oranges.
"fighting trim" is that tip top shape? dont know that expression.
Well,dogs are back.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Good morning,

FW glad Mikey checked out fine. Good luck today with Hunter's HW treatment starting. I hope all goes well there. Your porch sounds really cool and I love your decorating ideas for it. That's one thing I really love and have yet to get in a house is a covered porch. I tried really hard to find a house plan with a covered porch when we built this last one but no dice. One story houses here just don't seem to really have covered porches. Something about roof angle they said? I don't know but we finally decided to just bag it. I won't be sitting on it anyway because then I can see the neighbor's house and I don't really want to see that so I'll stick with the deck in the back which looks into the trees. DH said we can get one of those retractable awnings and put that up with the deck so if I want it covered I can crank that out and collapse it when I want full sun exposure. That wasn't really what I wanted...I wanted a railing and posts I could wrap greenery and fall leaves around depending on the season to decorate etc. But I love that he was trying so hard to find a way to cover something for me since my porch was a bust. So I said sure! Sounds great. :) Of course at the moment we don't even have a deck built yet and that won't happen till at least next year so we shall see.

SD great price on the tree cutting! I'm impressed. I don't know what that would cost here but I'm sure it would be more than that. I think the sweetest dessert I've ever made here is at Christmas time. It's mud pie. You make a sauce using unsweetened chocolate, powdered sugar, butter and maybe corn syrup (I'm coming up blank at the moment). But anyway, you cook that and let cool a little and ladle it into pie shell (I use graham) then add a layer of softened coffee ice cream, another layer of sauce, layer of ice cream etc. You can end the top on either ice cream or chocolate sauce. Then I cover in whipped cream, toss on some chocolate jimmies or sprinkles and you're done. The sauce is wicked sweet. DH loves it but again, I only do it at Christmas so we have more people eating it and there isn't a risk for many (or any) leftovers.

Hi ILC, Bernice, Rona, GB, Ayanka,Niko and anyone I missed.

Today we are going to head to the Wildlife Park to see the new beaver exhibit. We were going to do that the other day but wound up skipping the park and focusing on the state parks to get the passport stamps instead. The park posted a picture of the beaver working in his new habitat to get his winter lodge built and I want to see that so we'll do that today. This will be most likely the last month we'll have really nice outside weather (ie not too cold) so we are taking advantage of it.

Craft night last night was successful. I got one of the centerpiece tops done. I do so wish I could get pics figured out on here :( I like the way it came out. I haven't done the backing or batting yet but I like the top. Six more to go...

When we get back it's back to packing.

Hope you all have a good day!

·
Registered
671 Posts
I attempted to attach a picture of the top of the table centerpiece thing I am working on. Here's hoping it works! *edited to add I posted it then can see that it did indeed post but somehow the picture has turned sideways when it was a vertical shot (see my shoe on the right? The original pic has the shoe on the bottom of the pic). So being sideways the angle looks a little odd but you can get the idea. The actual design is the same whether it's sideways or not! LOL! I haven't cut the batting or backing but the backing will be the same fabric used to border the design.

IMG_5371.jpg

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Hikr00--That is beautiful. I sew a little, needlepoint and cross stitch. I am going to learn to knit this winter.
Yesterday I bought 2 tubes of toothpaste and only spent 96 cents for both. Then my DH took me to Kroger and I saved 40% on my groceries. I am obsessed with saving money and earning gift cards. I do Swagbucks, MyPoints, Viggle, Shopkick,BuzzAgent, and I get points using my debit card. If any of you are interested in doing any of these, make sure if there is a referral place when you sign up, please put my name on it. I also do Ibotta, Checkout51, and MobiSave. I will be working on those today. I make money just sitting on the computer. It's like Christmas in the mail. They are all apps on my phone.
Hope you have a great day and weekend.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
GB-I run all our expenses i can thru the CC that I pay 2x a month and make an average of $30. Gotta love that.

Hikr-we find out today on Mikeys Hw test.
AND ready. They didnt want to do a Friday Hw treatment because they are only open 1/2 day Sat. So I rescheduled to Wed. to get my vet and now i have to bump the rescue off my schedule. Sucks and I am even more nervous for Hunter.
So no sleep for nada. More park trips for him I guess.

DD grabbed her card and skittered back to bed. The bum has her bday off.lol

Hikr-forgot to say i love that and I would think a tree skirt would be great in it too. Around here a tree skirt is a round plastic Christmas table cloth split because of kitties. But a girl can dream.

I may reorg. my medical closet today. Kinda at a loss for what to do now. The day is drismal again.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
hikr, that is gorgeous! I'm not a crafty person but I admire those who are. All I can do is cook and bake.

Gbug, how are you feeling since it's been a few days since the puncture?

SD, we had almost 15 trees taken down for $3400 a couple of summers ago. Most were very tall, at least 80 feet, and they were all over our front and back yards. It was an all-day job and fascinating to watch. So your $1100 is a fantastic price.

fw, so glad Mikey is okay. Hope Hunter (and you) will make it through the treatments well. It will be rough but worth it.

Hi to everybody else!

DH and my bestie's husband got a lot done yesterday at the rental property. Alan offered DH 1/2 the security deposit for helping him but DH refused. Alan and my bestie have done SO much for us over the more than 30 years we've known them and we can never do enough in return. DH is going back tomorrow to cut down a tree for our fireplace this winter. Yea, free wood!

While DH was gone I did stuff around here, did a couple of quick errands, sat in the sun with cats, caught up with my Bible study homework, and in general had a pleasant day. But it was nice to have DH back last evening, even if he did sleep a couple of hours in his chair after supper.

For today:

1) Walmart for cat food since the cats insist on being fed regularly and well
2) Wash the rest of the pet bedding
3) General reset of downstairs
4) Work some more in DS's room
5) Maybe bake some brownies or something else wonderful and calorie-laden

Have a good one, ladies!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,933 ·
Hikr, wow is that pretty, I wanted to let you know I get exercise standing upside down looking at pictures, so pease don't stop posting!! lol That is really pretty, some day maybe I can do that..
Have fun with the wildlife!!

FW, Happy Birthday to your DD!! Hope she has a good one, Maybe you can get some rest today? Hows your Mom doing?

ILC, ohhh, baked and high sugar, yum!! Eat a piece for me!!

GB, Boy you are really busy! How are you feeling?

RABBIT, JUST YELLING OUT HI!!
can you hear me now?

SD, thanks on giving me the name trivet, I could not think of what this is!! The yarn color is carrot!! lol
We had one tree, downed, $400. You got one heck of a deal!

Ayanka, Jen, Niko, Rona, Hi, missing you!

I dont know what is on todays list, still dont have an appt.
but need to
empty dishwasher
freeze some veggies
maybe make some cabbage burgers, maybe!

Have a fantastic Day!!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Popping head in to say hello, just back from a day to pick up my Passport (yeah!!!) means I can make the funeral in England next week. Been flat out the last couple of days organising it, will read some posts and play catch up tom. Looking forward to reading what everybody's been up to :D

·
Super Moderator
19,753 Posts
FW, fighting trim is tip top shape, yes, or words to that effect anyway. :)

It's not exactly apples and oranges. We have several large trees that are within ten feet of our house and leaning towards the house. They are the ones that prompted us to get a tree guy. We can tell by the color of the trunks they're rotting, so I hope we don't have big wind before the tree guy can come. Some are threatening the cabin, too, and we had one of those come down on the back porch of the cabin a couple years ago. We didn't notice that one for a while because we were gone on vacation when it happened. Luckily the damage was minimal because when it fell it hit on a 4x4 post on the deck, which broke the tree. It barely clipped the corner of the cabin and broke the deck rails and took out a short section of wire fence, so no major damage. It could have been a lot worse. November might be snowy or not, it's hard to tell. Even if it is it won't matter.

We've had three or four tree guys tell us now that the fifty foot dead pine that's leaning on the sixty foot live popple and has been for at least two years now will come down in its own time and isn't threatening anything. I guess we believe it now. I still think if it takes the popple along with it, it could take out our power line but one of the tree guys works for the power company, so I guess if they're not worried we don't need to either. I wish the dang thing would fall though, and I hope I see it when it does. It's completely broken off at the bottom and I can't believe it's still standing. It's not touching the popple till way up at the top, so there's not a lot holding it.

Hikr, I'm scratching mud pie off my list of things to make right now! It sounds like something I'd like way too much. If I never taste it, I can never crave it!

Beautiful work as usual.

LOL at going to see beavers. We still think it's cute how the beaver took down that tree down by our dock earlier this year and then chopped up and dragged away the whole trunk after limbing the tree and hauling off the brush. I wish we'd have seen him in action. He must have been on the night shift. We know where the beaver dams and lodges are that are the closest to us, and that guy hauled that stuff a long ways. I wonder what made our tree special, of all the trees he had to choose from. We left the stump there, just so the DNR didn't question it because it's illegal for us to cut a tree with a six inch diameter. At any rate, I've seen beaver exhibits and love how you can see them above and below the water. Otters, too. They're even more entertaining. I hope you're having fun.

GB, I hope you have fun learning to knit. It took me a long time because I couldn't get the tension right for the longest time. I finally figured out some weird way to wrap the yarn around my fingers, and it worked!

ILC, IMO it's really important to be able to cook and bake well. Lots of people can't. I don't know how they survive. Relying on boxed mixes, I guess. Ew, and unhealthy too. The quote for the tree removal seems very good to us, which is why Husby is so happy. I'm happy because the less we have to spend on my surgery (the biggie, now covered), the trees, and everything else we've been saving money on lately, the more we can spend getting the bike trailer done, and more importantly, making a large lump sum mortgage payment this year and getting siding on the cabin next year. If we were going to have the tree guy cut and swamp them all, he said it would be $4,000. Still not too bad, considering.

Pinetree, you can set a pan of carrot cake on your orange trivet. With cream cheese frosting! :D

Rona, glad you got your passport so you can go to the funeral next week. I know that's important to you.

I went through the birdfeeder inventory and seem to be lacking a finch feeder for the cabin. I think I'll pick up one of those cheapie ones sometime. The feeders at the cabin were all empty this AM and I had chickadees on the tube feeder before it was even rehung. I guess they were hungry. Poor neglected things, with a forest full of seeds they could eat. They seem to like sunflower seeds best though.

I put some chicken in the Crock for supper and brushed on some barbecue sauce. Wish I could think of something to go with it. I haven't felt much like cooking lately. Nothing sounds good and everything seems like too much work.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Hey all,gave DD her card and took her down to see the rescue. She met everyone and got to see her little nip toys everywhere. She fell in love w/ a cat named Arnold. She got to meet the new "harry potter" litter. Super tiny. We were good then the van pulled up w/ 2 cute pit mix puppies and this super adorable beagle pup. I as you know am gaga for beagles. It was fun. I'm starting to meet a lot of people.
I took her to Culvers after for a pot roast sandwich and cheese curds. Its what she wanted. I have old kids now.

Was thinking about val today w/ all the flooding. She was in N. Carolina though I think. So many come and go.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Good morning! Thanks so much for the kind comments on my craft project. Pinetree I laughed at your comment about getting exercise angling yourself to check the pics in whichever way they come up on the board. That's good to know because I somehow cannot manage to master the art of getting the right picture position. It's a little bit funny! FW you do have a point...I could enlarge it a bit and make it a tree skirt. I made myself a quilted tree skirt several years back that I still use and I know just what you mean about the cats. Back when we had four here two of them loved hiding under fabric so I would find these lumps under the skirt all the time. Then one of them would get a spurt of energy and sail out from under the skirt which would disrupt / startle the other cat and he / she would follow suit. I must have straightened out that skirt 567 times a day. LOL. I'd give them a couple of weeks to play then I'd start putting gifts under there so they couldn't get under the skirt. Then they lay under the tree in amongst the boxes. Which can be startling when you switch on the tree lights and leave off the room lights, sit down on the couch to gaze at the tree and you see these red glowing eyes peering out from underneath. HAHA! For about a heartbeat your hair stands on end then you remember. That darn cat!

GB I love the needlepoint too! Cross stitch I like if it's the stamped one. Counted cross stitch is one I can only do in a small project. I lose my place too easily to make counted cross stitch fun. I have a book of counted cross stitch ornaments patterns and that's about the only size I can manage. I used to knit when I was younger. I am left handed and my Mom tried to teach me but she was right handed and I could not fathom what she was doing following along as a lefty. We were visiting my grandparents who also was a knitter and my Mom shared her struggles with my GM in trying to teach me. DGM said she knew just what to do. She gave me needles and yarn and took me into the bathroom and had me stand next to her in front of the mirror. She then would knit and I would follow by looking in the mirror instead of watching her. Now maybe it wasn't the mirror, maybe it was just having someone different (that I wouldn't whine in front of. HAHA) work with me but by watching the mirror image it clicked and I got it. I used to knit a lot but then after I grew up, got married and had DD once she got into school etc and life got infinitely more hectic I stopped knitting and now I'm not sure if I can pick it back up again. I am going to give it a shot eventually. Right now there's too much else to do but I did enjoy it.

ILC SD is right, baking and baking is an awesome skill to possess. That's great you'll be getting some free wood (well, free money wise, but your DH will put in the labor). What did you wind up baking that was calorie laden? Whatever it was I'm sure it was awesome. Reading about our various treats here makes me hungry!

Rona so glad you got the passport thing all set and can attend the funeral next week.

FW that's a bummer Hunter got pushed to next week with the vet being gone part of the day today. More waiting :( How did Mikey's test come back? All ok? Glad your DD got to see her kitty toys in action. So this means you will be bringing home Arnold for her??? And another beagle?? LOL! That pot roast sandwich sounds really good. :)

SD I cracked up at the birds at the feeder before you got it rehung. DH has gotten "buzzed" by the birds before while he's been attempting to fill the feeders. What kind of finch feeder do you have? We have one that's for thistle seed that they adore. It's just basically a bag and there are routinely six or seven birds hanging off that thing chowing down. They do like the sunflower seed too. We need to replace our sunflower feeder. It came down in the storm last week and it's gone. Nowhere to be found. We saw it on the lawn while the storm was going on and the rain was so heavy we figured we'd just get it once the rain stopped but now it's gone. And we live 1/4 mile off the main road and our house isn't even visible from the road. We have one neighbor down here but they are on the other side of a stand of trees so we can't even see their house unless we drive / walk out along the driveway to the main road. It's the weirdest thing. But nevertheless it's gone. It was one of those metal mesh type feeders that collapses if you set it down on solid surface but DH loved it because it was John Deere green and yellow color and had the John Deere emblem on it. So now I need to find another one.

SD we didn't make it to see the beavers after all :( It began raining after I posted and never stopped so we decided to scrap the visit. Hopefully this week we can pop over and see it. The park has an exhibit for woodchucks and they have a section with clear glass that they've dug down so you can see the tunnel they have that passes by the glass. It's fun now and then you'll see one zipping along the tunnel. I am not sure if they will have the glass feature on the beaver exhibit so you can see them under the water or not. We'd seen parts of the exhibit as it went up but the last few times we went we skipped it since we knew it wasn't open so I'm not sure if they will have that feature or not.

Hi to Bernice, Anyanka, Rabbit, Niko and anyone else I missed.

Not sure what's on tap today besides the usual packing. <sigh> It is sunny so maybe we'll try for the wildlife park today? We went to the gym last night to get our ID cards set up for we can start class on Tuesday without further ado. I got us all signed up online and registered etc but we needed to be there to get ID cards. Got a list of the classes they have going on and some sound fun. They have a Zumba Gold class I'm intrigued about. I have several friends that think Zumba is awesome but I am uncoordinated and not a dancer by any stretch of the imagination. This class states that it's for beginners or older people that might go a bit slower. I'm like "that's me!!" I'm not technically a senior yet by the gym definition but I am a beginner and I'm thinking I might try that. DH said "NO" he wont' give that one a shot. I expected that :) So I'll fly solo there but he'll do the water x with me.

Anyway, he's up now so gotta go plan out our day. Talk to you later!

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Happy Saturday, everyone!

It stormed horribly here during the night so everything is wet but the sun is out and it's supposed to be 78 today. Oh, how I love fall!

Went to Kroger instead of Walmart yesterday and got some good deals plus picked up DH's prescription. Talked DH into going to Zaxby's for supper (it wasn't hard to convince him!) then had to go to PetSupermarket for dog food and got to play with the kittens up for adoption. It was hard walking out without those sweet furry babies.

DH has gone back to help more with our friends' rental house and to cut down the tree, so another day by myself.

For Saturday:

1) Work in our bedroom
2) Vacuum upstairs
3) Do my personal laundry
4) Clean up kitchen
5) Vacuum downstairs
6) Bible study homework
7) Work on menus for the next few days

I hope everyone has a good day.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hikr, that is some gorgeous work your doing & the skill set involved is huge I'd imagine, so well done & I'd love to see the finished project when you get it done :) And yes sorting everything to go to the funeral was a weight off, his brother rang me delighted that I was able to go. There's Zumba classes going on here too and everyone I've spoken to that goes loves it, must admit it kinda sounds like fun!

ILC well done on all the free wood & just to be argumentative I'll disagree there is no "just" when it comes to baking and cooking, just ask the person who can't do it (((hug))) By yourself for the day, if Your like me you can get a wee bit lonely so try and build in a treat for yourself maybe half an hour with a good book & I'm sending good vibes your way :vibes:

SD you must have gotten an awful land when you came back to see the tree down on the decking, I hope you get a crew to sort out the other ones soon & thanks, yes the passport was a top priority, but met a gas Cork Woman in the passport office who moved heaven and earth to get sorted (also saved me €55 along the way!).

Hiya Pinetree, FW, Ayanka, Peanut & everyone else :wave:

So far so done:
Frugal chores - fuel usage etc.
Onions and garlic set
Chicken house moved
Books with girls
Flights organised
Baking - buns, scones, spelt soda bread, curranty bread, pasta. The extra frozen for next week's lunches
Fire on
Laundry - Hang to dry

Still to do:
Dish up dinner
Kitchen, wash ware, clear counters & table & sweep floor
More laundry
Tonight is Dr Who night so goodies baked, will be a pot of tea and family viewing watching him defeat the evil aliens (again)!!!
Work on budget at some stage this evening.

That's it for now, have a lovely Saturday everyone :)

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,940 ·
Morning guys,

Hikr, always love to look at pictures, I can stand on my head to look at them!lol

SD, you have so many things going on, I dont know how you do it all.

Rona, So glad you have enerything to go to the funeral and everyone helped you. You sound really busy too!!

FW, have you heard about your DH yet? Did your DD enjoy her birthday?

ILC, WTG on the firewood! Did you bake something yummy yet?

Today would be my Mom's 91st birthday, we are celebrating my Son's today, as he has to work tomorrow.
I made peanut butter cookies yesterday, DS found powdered peanut butter with hardly no fat, and no sodium, they came out really good. I used stevia for sugar, and they don't have flour in them so, yum yum!!

Today
make jello salad
clean stuff up, pick up
vacuum

Oh yea, have a Oct 14th appt with the new Dr. and to catch up on my tests.. boy I hope this goes good, we are doing a meet and greet, his idea, sounds good to me!

Have a wonderful weekend!

2921 - 2940 of 4061 Posts